Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Roll To Silent Hill: Turn Seven: It's Alive! *evil laughter.*  (Read 6794 times)

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile

Hello There, Welcome to Silent Hill RTD. This will be my first ever RTD so please bear with me.
Spoiler: Backstory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 03:16:28 pm by Grimmjow6th »
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Silent Hill:A Survival RTD
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 10:20:09 pm »

Name: Jeremy Nixitar
Backstory: A concert pianist down on his luck, he struggles in finding even the smallest gigs.  Came to Silent Hill thinking it was a place where he could entertain the masses.  Unfortunately, the place has no people, but maybe it has a piano?
Physical Stats
Strength     =10
Endurance    =6
Agility      =14

Mental Stats,
Intelligence =13
Willpower    =10
Perception   =7

Sanity: 100/100

Did I do this correctly? 
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 11:31:12 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 10:23:39 pm »

Yes i do believe you did that right. Can others let me know if i should just forego the stats though?
Also, as a pianist, add 2 to your agility.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 10:25:27 pm by Grimmjow6th »
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 10:25:15 pm »

Eh, depends if roles are really going to depend on the physical and mental fitness of characters.  I suppose, since this is Silent Hill, you need mental stats to determine your sanity. 

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 10:28:02 pm »

Well the way i see it, not everyone is gonna see the small key situated on the dresser. And not everyones gonna have the strength to move large pieces of rubble.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 10:32:30 pm »

Well the way i see it, not everyone is gonna see the small key situated on the dresser. And not everyones gonna have the strength to move large pieces of rubble.

Ah okay.  My guy sucks at both of that  :P

EDIT: Also, added 2 agility without taking from any other stat.  Done.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 10:34:24 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 10:34:42 pm »

Yes but heres the thing. your quite fast, so your gonna be the guy whose able to shimmy around on ledges and clamber up pipes. And yes, i am monitoring this thread. i want my first rtd to go off without a hitch and for questions to be answered ASAP

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 10:36:32 pm »

In, I guess.

Spoiler: Done (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:41:25 am by Tiruin »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 10:46:59 pm »

The idea of having stats is fine, but for your sake, I suggest minimizing the amount of things you have to keep track of. 1-2 stats for physical abilities, 1-2 stats for mental ability and possibly something to keep track of sanity, but you could just roleplay that bit by having the characters hands shake/vision blur/have headaches/start having minor hallucinations etc. That would also get the players sucked in more as well and help form a bond to their character.

You don't really need to go in depth for good gameplay in an RTD and having less things to maintain is good for both players and GM. Also, if you really want to minimize the load on yourself, then maybe you should try having the players maintain their own status in their posts, like the Sky Tower RTD? That seems real interesting and as far as I have seen, it does look like it works as long as players stay honest.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 10:51:42 pm »

The idea of having stats is fine, but for your sake, I suggest minimizing the amount of things you have to keep track of. 1-2 stats for physical abilities, 1-2 stats for mental ability and possibly something to keep track of sanity, but you could just roleplay that bit by having the characters hands shake/vision blur/have headaches/start having minor hallucinations etc. That would also get the players sucked in more as well and help form a bond to their character.

You don't really need to go in depth for good gameplay in an RTD and having less things to maintain is good for both players and GM. Also, if you really want to minimize the load on yourself, then maybe you should try having the players maintain their own status in their posts, like the Sky Tower RTD? That seems real interesting and as far as I have seen, it does look like it works as long as players stay honest.

That is a wonderful idea Zako. Allow me to edit then.

Edit:hmm. that seems much tidier i do believe. Like i said originally, first time running so help is much appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 10:53:32 pm by Grimmjow6th »

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 10:54:01 pm »

Name: Justin Anderson
Backstory: A dedicated woodsman who, for the most part, lived off of the land. He hunted, gathered, trapped and fished to eat. He had a small, hand-built, two-room cabin, a few leather storage tepees, and a few other possessions. He used several types of guns to hunt. In his truck, he had a pump-action 12-gauge shotgun, a lever-action .30-30, a bolt-action .30-06, and for handguns, a .44-Magnum and a .45 Colt M1911, and plenty of ammo for all. He always kept his .30-06 close to hand and his .45 at his side.
Physical Stats:
Strength     =12 He always lugged his kills back to his "camp"
Endurance    =12 It's a harsh life in a fireplace-heated shack in the middle of the woods
Toughness    =11 He's been attacked more than once...
Speed        =10
Agility      =10

Mental Stats:
Intelligence =12
Willpower    =10
Perception   =13 Had to listen for the slightest of rustling
Cunning      =10

EDIT: Fix'd the stat points
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 09:39:30 am by UristMcWanderer »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 10:57:53 pm »

Correct, Zako is. Depthness doesn't matter unless people have fun doing it. Sky Tower is an amazing RTD, and from my own experience as a GM, as long as the RTD is fun and the players have a goal to do, then it will succeed.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 11:13:22 pm »

Interested, definitely. Working on a sheet.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 11:35:59 pm by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 11:25:18 pm »

Since i didn't explain it properly, the [points=00/10] are bonus points to go into your skills. Im sorry if i didn't explain this correctly.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 11:30:14 pm »

Could you edit the OP. It seems that we're missing some essential pieces of the character sheet...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5