Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Roll To Silent Hill: Turn Seven: It's Alive! *evil laughter.*  (Read 6793 times)

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Silent Hill:A Survival RTD
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 11:34:22 pm »

Missing such as...?
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 11:39:15 pm »

That's looking MUCH better. Having detail is good if you can handle it, but for a first timer, keeping things simple is best for both players and GM.

An extra bit of advice: Since you are doing Silent Hill as a theme for this RTD, I suggest that you work hard to get the atmosphere across to the players. Don't be afraid to scare the crap out of them, it's kinda expected for this theme after all, but make sure you pace yourself and the action. Have peaks of action/scares and dips where nothing exciting happens but in these spots, have the atmosphere really sink in and get the players all tense and maybe slightly anxious.

Also, it's always interesting and fun to throw some kind of twist in to mess with the players, but not too often or it looses its impact. Use your imagination AND the player's imagination, it's both your best tool and their worst enemy. Let THEM paint the horrors that lurk behind a closed door, when all you have to do is have a scratching sound come from behind it.

Also, I'm in.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 11:46:34 pm »

Missing such as...?
I see many others having different stats.

Where did they get those?

Also, hi Zako and the rest! :)) Edited mine.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 11:52:59 pm »

Grimmjow has been changing the character sheet. Due to advice from Zako, I believe.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2012, 12:03:38 am »

Yeah, people need to update their sheets. I see a dude with more points to spend, so that needs to be fixed. Sorry if I'm pissing people off btw, but I just want to help a fellow newbie out in managing his game for the first time. It's a hard thing to do after all.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 12:06:55 am »

I'm also helping him, so don't worry Zako. Me and Grimm are friends, we talk alot through Skype. He actually asked me to join his RtD, and I've been giving him tips. ^^
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Silent Hill:Turn One:Welcome To Hell.
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 12:09:47 am »

~Chapter One:Welcome To Hell.~
A door suddenly slams shut.
You all awaken to this, some of you on the floor, but others in a booth. The first thing many of you notice, is the putrid smell from all around you,. The diner is grimy, with dirt caking the floor. The walls have the paint coming off in chips, and newspaper is strewn about.  The lights flicker at random moments, with only the faint light from outside lighting the diner. You realize that outside, a thick layer of fog sits, making night and day indiscernable. You swear every now and then, a figure is seen darting around.
There is a door to the far right, leading outside. It is marked EMERGENCY EXIT ONLY.  A rusty door is also situated behind the counter, this one reading "Employee's Only".
The counter itself looks remarkably clean, with plates and mugs placed about.  The barstools look new as well.  As you pull yourself to your feet, you notice the other four people.
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 12:12:29 am »

Call out if there is anyone else in the establishment besides these fine gentlemen.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 12:15:23 am »

Check what I have on my person right now. Am I hurt? What about the others? Then check behind the counter for stuff.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 12:16:42 am »

Jason groggily sat up, placing a hand to his brow as his mind cleared. "What the.... That was some crash, huh?" He laughed slightly at his own joke, before looking at the other four. "Y'know, you could just look, but I doubt anyone would be here." Jason stood up and glanced outside, seeing nothing but fog. Then he glanced back, looking around inside. Noticing the clean stools and counter, he slowly walked over, looking at the plates and mugs in particular to see if there was any leftover food or drink.

ACTION: Check the Mugs/Plates for remnants.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:22:26 am by Talarion »

What more do you need?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 12:23:18 am »

((I just wish I could be as helpful as you two.  :'(

Also, what are our [everyone other than NRDL] bonuses on the backstory?))

Orrin looked at Jason, "Wait...you also crashed? My own car got wrecked and-"

"Augh, what in blazes is that blasted stench! Err, excuse me. I'll be...going outside. Want to make sure Lyra is alive and whatnot."

Get out of the diner and into the fog and search the current vicinity for any sign of cars, or anything else that is useful.

Before that, examine self.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2012, 12:28:37 am »

Your backstory bonuses confer in-rtd benefits. Example:A deserted room with a piano and sheet music. pianist could play it and possibly open a door. it all depends really.
Also, as a sidenote, im gonna try to use what i like to call the "Varying degree's rule" What i entail's is, if you do something that is relatively safe, even the lowest of roles mght not be so bad. but the highest won't be the best. do something dangerous and you may get hurt, or you might do something amazing. Also, not everything will depend on rolls. if you do something irrevocably stupid, or genius, i might not even roll it. it all truely depends.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:31:54 am by Grimmjow6th »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2012, 12:39:52 am »

Btw, Tiruin, you did your sheet wrong. You have 10 points to spend into your stats.

What more do you need?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2012, 12:40:56 am »

Those edits  :-\

Alright, edited once more!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2012, 12:43:29 am »

That was there from the very start, Tiruin.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5