Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 111643 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - How are we even alive?
« Reply #345 on: August 11, 2012, 10:39:28 pm »

HOLY CARP MY DWARF SURVIVED.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 11, 2012, 11:51:38 pm »

lol we still got the ghost who's sitting in the magma, that's awesome!

Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 12, 2012, 01:45:59 am »

By the way, about the doors this is what I've learned thus far:

When dwarves are running away from zombies they will unlock locked doors in order to flee inside.  That's how the zombies were initially released. 
WHAT??????????:o :o :o

I'm pretty sure I've seen undead kobold opening the locked door and skipped through all traps. But panic dwarves opening locked doors??? Have to test it!

Also, is Peregar dead? Did de do any kills before?
How many dorfs are alive here?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 01:50:35 am by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 12, 2012, 07:46:27 am »

I guess I'll take another turn (eventually). I'd really like to finish a succession game turn one of these years...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 12, 2012, 10:00:35 am »

Yes Peregar got several kills.  He died in combat actually. Also how should I deal with the current situation?

We have 9 healthy dwarves in the courtyard, 1 injured dwarf in the hospital, and 1+ dwarves trapped outside in the form of a migrant wave.  Some how I need to let the migrants in but as it is I don't know how to go about doing that with the rest of the fortress swarmed by zombies.
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 12, 2012, 12:43:15 pm »

Upload the map of current state. Or save.
Let's see what's going on.

Also, I want a turn also. In fact I thought that you're added to list for next turn automatically when you finish yours current one.
I guess Peregar's death counts for punishment, right?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 12:44:53 pm by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 12, 2012, 01:39:06 pm »

On that subject as deaths are so frequent here can we say the punishment/reward is applied to a player rather than dwarf and persists until fulfilled?

When the population eventually stabilizes I guess it won't be a problem but for now the challenges don't seem to mean much.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 12, 2012, 02:08:00 pm »

On that subject as deaths are so frequent here can we say the punishment/reward is applied to a player rather than dwarf and persists until fulfilled?

When the population eventually stabilizes I guess it won't be a problem but for now the challenges don't seem to mean much.

i agree.

also can i be redorfed as "Reginald the 2nd" any male dwarf will do.

We have 9 healthy dwarves in the courtyard, 1 injured dwarf in the hospital, and 1+ dwarves trapped outside in the form of a migrant wave.  Some how I need to let the migrants in but as it is I don't know how to go about doing that with the rest of the fortress swarmed by zombies.

i'd make a hole in the walls and build a temporary bridge over the moat.... or if you have a couple miners in the courtyard, you can simply dig a little and create a new lever for the exsiting bridge.

or you can ignore the migrants, give them a meeting zone outside the walls, and see how long they can last out there. (they can gather some plants and there should be some forbidden stones south of the smasher entrance to build workshops / walls with)
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 12, 2012, 02:39:28 pm »

i agree.

also can i be redorfed as "Reginald the 2nd" any male dwarf will do.

i'd make a hole in the walls and build a temporary bridge over the moat.... or if you have a couple miners in the courtyard, you can simply dig a little and create a new lever for the exsiting bridge.

or you can ignore the migrants, give them a meeting zone outside the walls, and see how long they can last out there. (they can gather some plants and there should be some forbidden stones south of the smasher entrance to build workshops / walls with)

Where is the the lever that controls the drawbridge?  If I could just open that It'd already help immensely.
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 12, 2012, 03:06:01 pm »

Where is the the lever that controls the drawbridge?  If I could just open that It'd already help immensely.

I can't remember making one in all honesty, I don't think it's ever been opened, you only need 4 stones to make a new one though:

1 for a mechanic workshop, 3 for mechanisms, 1 mech for the lever and 2 mech's for linkage
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 12, 2012, 03:09:03 pm »

I can't remember making one in all honesty, I don't think it's ever been opened, you only need 4 stones to make a new one though:

1 for a mechanic workshop, 3 for mechanisms, 1 mech for the lever and 2 mech's for linkage

If it hadn't been made the bridge wouldn't be raised.  Thus there's a lever and I need to find it.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 12, 2012, 03:25:36 pm »

If it hadn't been made the bridge wouldn't be raised.  Thus there's a lever and I need to find it.

Eh, my bad, but either way I think you missed my primary point, make another lever.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 12, 2012, 04:12:33 pm »

Eh, my bad, but either way I think you missed my primary point, make another lever.

I'd really rather not.  That'll make life absurdly confusing in the longrun.  I'd much rather just pull every lever around and see what they do :D

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 12, 2012, 04:27:58 pm »

I'd really rather not.  That'll make life absurdly confusing in the longrun.  I'd much rather just pull every lever around and see what they do :D

It's a personality test! See, I without fail would chose the option of de-constructing every lever and then building new ones as they were needed, using trial and error would never have occurred to me.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 12, 2012, 07:36:52 pm »

i believe i moved the lever to the hospital. if not, i'm certain that it's been labeled with a (N)ote.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 49