Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 111764 times)

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It does now :)
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile

Opening the save now...

My body is ready.
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Opening the save now...

My body is ready.

^_^ Also I added my challenge
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I just tried to open it, and my game doesn't seem to recognize it as a world.  Thoughts?  It acts as if there are no regions there's no "continue playing" button...
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, the punishment you proposed for my challenge is super bad ass!

1 question though, which part is the barracks?  The rectangular area in the north east, or the two $ rectangles in the south?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 10:39:18 am by Ifeno »

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1 question though, which part is the barracks?  The rectangular area in the north east, or the two $ rectangles in the south?

Bit to the northeast, the $s are meant to be the gatehouse towers and the &s are meant to be the cliff, so you've got an idea for where to connect it, it's not to scale so you can use a fair bit of creative freedom ^_^
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 10:44:48 am by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bit to the northeast, the $s are meant to be the gatehouse towers and the &s are meant to be the cliff, so you've got an idea for where to connect it, it's not to scale so you can use a fair bit of creative freedom ^_^

Ok awesome!  I already have some plans for this in my head.  God this fortress is gonna look so awesome by the time we're done with it. XD  But erm...yeah...how do I fix the whole "there's no region" issue? :S  Could you try re-uploading?

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok awesome!  I already have some plans for this in my head.  God this fortress is gonna look so awesome by the time we're done with it. XD  But erm...yeah...how do I fix the whole "there's no region" issue? :S  Could you try re-uploading?

Huh? Not quite sure what you mean... either way I tested the download and it works fine for me, then rezipped and re-uploaded the original (same link), to my knowledge it'll be the same thing though >_> you defo using the latest version of DF?

E: And putting the whole folder in ../DF/data/save?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:00:23 am by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm 100% sure I'm using the version that the world was genned in.  Re-downloading now, let's see if it works...

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

Ifeno, make sure it's at right folder, i.e. df\data\save\<stnpo2 region>, no more folder levels. And version is compatible.
That's most usual cause.

Looks like Ashton made good start. Exiled to caverns at first year,  swarmed by undead... re you sure you need extra traps?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ifeno, make sure it's at right folder, i.e. df\data\save\<stnpo2 region>, no more folder levels. And version is compatible.
That's most usual cause.

Looks like Ashton made good start. Exiled to caverns at first year,  swarmed by undead... re you sure you need extra traps?

I'm using the version that the region was originally genned in and the folder directory goes DF/data/save/region the region folder contains the usual raw, art_image-0, art_image-1 etc. etc.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh, why do you have a region folder? Try putting everything that was in that folder to the next level up? Unless of course by region you mean the StNPO save folder... I might download a vanilla version of DF to see if any of the plugins I installed are mucking with it somehow

E: Works fine in vanilla except of course for the annoying repetitive music >_>
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 12:00:45 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh, why do you have a region folder? Try putting everything that was in that folder to the next level up? Unless of course by region you mean the StNPO save folder... I might download a vanilla version of DF to see if any of the plugins I installed are mucking with it somehow

E: Works fine in vanilla except of course for the annoying repetitive music >_>

yes i did mean the StNPO save folder... I'll try re-installing DF in a bit.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I take it you click continue playing and the save just doesn't appear?

E: Pan's full name in legends: Pan sackcloistered the yellow tree of virginity.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 12:10:36 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I take it you click continue playing and the save just doesn't appear?

E: Pan's full name in legends: Pan sackcloistered the yellow tree of virginity.

There IS NO continue playing option.  All I have is "create new world"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 49