Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 111575 times)

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - Actually pretty alive!
« Reply #630 on: October 06, 2012, 11:40:04 pm »

Never in my life have I wanted to quote and entire update and use it as my sig.

Scruffy could you give me a full list of new dorflings (including the ones that are already dead)?  Just so I can keep the OP up to date.

Also don't bother re-dorfing me.  I'd actually rather go dorfless at this point.
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - Actually pretty alive!
« Reply #631 on: October 07, 2012, 03:41:13 am »

You could put either all or a bit of it in the OP?

Scruffy could you give me a full list of new dorflings (including the ones that are already dead)?  Just so I can keep the OP up to date.

Also don't bother re-dorfing me.  I'd actually rather go dorfless at this point.

Likewise, but isn't it the end of the turn now?
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - Can we reach 2k zombies?! I THINK SO!
« Reply #632 on: October 07, 2012, 04:29:10 am »

I suppose that this is all of them. I just named random people as I got dwarves. Many of them were pretty much just generalists since the proper workers died.
Scruffy, exHammerdwarf, Miner
          -Yep, a bad combo but the miners died.
Ifeno, Hammerdwarf, farmer
          -I think that he had 8 named kills, all the very same limbless dog.
GreatWyrmMalachite, exHammerdwarf, Miner, Fort idiot
          -Why the heck did he keep hauling a weapon and ditch it before charging? He gave me alot of trouble.
Gar the 3rd, A bit of everything
Reginald the 3rd, Presser, Janitor
Sampson 2nd, doctor, bit of everything
          -(I think)
Cellnun, bookkeeper, hammerdwarf, a bit of everything
          -(She was female, so ofcourse a nun instead of a monk)

Likewise, but isn't it the end of the turn now?
Aye, it is over. I only made it to mid/late winter. Didn't manage to finish the challenge. (many of the bridges are still unconnected, farms unwatered and rooms unfurnished)

Edit: As for the challenge:
Challenge: Simple. Retake the fort and clear it from enemies.
1. Have all the upper levels under your control so you can get the fort back to its normal functions. (pretty much everything above the caverns.)
2. Have the mainstaircase under your control.
3. Have access to the upper caverns. Seal it up, build a new airlock or what ever you desire.

Reward: You retook what was rightfully ours. You are the hero of our hairy little society and thus you can wear what ever armor and weapons we have and have access to a safehouse with food and drinks for a few months. Thus, if something goes wrong, you can chicken out and will outlast the rest of the fort and be the last dorf standing.
Punishment: The ramps (or what ever those things were) are littered with webs. Your dwarf has to become a spinner and start producing cloth from the numerous webs in the upper caverns.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 05:02:04 am by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 07, 2012, 10:48:33 am »

I just noticed something.  I think we may have fallen victim to the "more than 10 reclaims" glitch that causes mass amounts of cavern creatures to spawn.  If that's the case we will very likely need to use DFHack to fix it.
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 07, 2012, 10:49:43 am »

Also, Lightning what do you think of the challenge?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 07, 2012, 11:14:44 am »

It's the hardest challenge yet.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 07, 2012, 11:28:31 am »

I just noticed something.  I think we may have fallen victim to the "more than 10 reclaims" glitch that causes mass amounts of cavern creatures to spawn.  If that's the case we will very likely need to use DFHack to fix it.
Sorry, then it must be my fault.

It's the hardest challenge yet.
Oh, I didn't mean the whole stairway, just the few top levels. I changed it a bit to make it more clear.

Challenge: Simple. Retake the fort and clear it from enemies.
1. Have all the upper levels under your control so you can get the fort back to its normal functions. (pretty much everything above the upper caverns.)
2. Have access to the upper cavern enterence  (The ramp thingie). Seal it up, build a new airlock or what ever you desire.

Reward: You retook what was rightfully ours. You are the hero of our hairy little society and thus you can wear what ever armor and weapons we have and have access to a safehouse with food and drinks for a few months. Thus, if something goes wrong, you can chicken out and will outlast the rest of the fort and be the last dorf standing.
Punishment: The ramps (or what ever those things were) are littered with webs. Your dwarf has to become a spinner and start producing cloth from the numerous webs in the upper caverns.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 11:32:27 am by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 07, 2012, 11:35:34 am »

Failed, for the exact same reason I failed my challenge.  It's hard to build stuff when the dead bodies of those building it keep attacking you. 
Also, I would like a re-dorf.  Lightningfalcon, doesn't matter what gender, and some random position in the militia. 
ANd a random note- There is some kind of entrance from one of the caverns to the fort.  So the next person might want to seal that up. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: October 07, 2012, 01:29:04 pm »

Have I been redwarfed?

While I'm on the subject, what are my death-, ghost-, and slab-counts?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 07, 2012, 01:50:32 pm »

Have I been redwarfed?

While I'm on the subject, what are my death-, ghost-, and slab-counts?
Enough to build you a separate memorial hall.
But worry not, your deaths were just the beginning. You live forever on as a horde of ghosts and severed limbs with [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] creature token.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 01:56:09 pm by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: October 07, 2012, 02:10:46 pm »

Neat.
Can my dwarf be given a room with the slabs of all previous GreatWyrms in it?
Sig

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: October 07, 2012, 02:25:54 pm »

Neat.

Bit macabre don't you think?  :o
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 07, 2012, 02:38:36 pm »

Neat.

Bit macabre don't you think?  :o

The fortress? Duh.
Sig

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: October 08, 2012, 01:19:38 am »

Oh my beard! This game lost it's "Screw the next player over" line to "Get screewed by undead fauna and join the legions of dead".

Is it still reclaimable, you think?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 08, 2012, 03:23:28 am »

Oh my beard! This game lost it's "Screw the next player over" line to "Get screewed by undead fauna and join the legions of dead".

Is it still reclaimable, you think?
Yes. A few military dwarves should be able to clear it since there shouldn't be too many zombies inside (and there are plenty of doors to seal parts of the fort.)

Et tu, Urist
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 49