Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 111797 times)

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - Reclaim count: 2
« Reply #315 on: August 08, 2012, 10:22:52 pm »

So somehow we managed to survive the zombies with minor casualties.  However now everyone's locked inside with zombies on the outside and an undead dorf in the courtyard.  Hao I fix? How dangerous are the wengermen things or whatever they're called?  can I zerg rush them to death?
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 08, 2012, 10:23:24 pm »

proper update to come tomorrow
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 09, 2012, 01:49:16 am »

So somehow we managed to survive the zombies with minor casualties.  However now everyone's locked inside with zombies on the outside and an undead dorf in the courtyard.  Hao I fix? How dangerous are the wengermen things or whatever they're called?  can I zerg rush them to death?
Let them in through doors one by one instead. And overnumber each with militia guys. That should be quick and safe enough.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - How are we even alive?
« Reply #318 on: August 09, 2012, 04:48:10 am »

Dig a deeeeep pit with a retractable bridge over it rigged to a pressure plate just inside the fortress entrance.  Zombies enter, trigger the plate, and walk over the bridge during the delay so they fall into said pit.  Instant zombie bits, or captive zombie army.

Entrance-Pressure Plate-Retractable Bridge
                                 deep multi-z-level pit.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 09, 2012, 04:57:48 am »

In a fortress like this, you should never capture zombies in large amounts. Someone will let them out for sure.
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 09, 2012, 08:11:56 am »

also, the only thing keeping this fort from tantrum sprialing right now is the fact that nobody has any friends.
This quote needs to be added to the OP, along with the note that the dwarf who doesn't care about anything went insane.

In a fortress like this, you should never capture zombies in large amounts. Someone will let them out for sure.
Elf...I am slowly being corrupted by the Bay12 culture. When I first came here, I never would have said that. Then again, I probably wouldn't have joined this fort then, either.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 09, 2012, 10:23:57 am »

also, the only thing keeping this fort from tantrum sprialing right now is the fact that nobody has any friends.
This quote needs to be added to the OP, along with the note that the dwarf who doesn't care about anything went insane.

Elf...I am slowly being corrupted by the Bay12 culture. When I first came here, I never would have said that. Then again, I probably wouldn't have joined this fort then, either.
Sorry, my bad. Was too deep into my mod of making elves playable.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 09, 2012, 10:42:46 am »

if there's only 1 or 2, then yeah, zerg rush should work, just make sure that EVERYONE is wearing at least a bone helmet... the undead have an uncanny ability to cave in skulls.

oh and you might want to ensure that they all arrive in the courtyard at the same time, to minimize casualties.
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 09, 2012, 10:53:56 am »

if there's only 1 or 2, then yeah, zerg rush should work, just make sure that EVERYONE is wearing at least a bone helmet... the undead have an uncanny ability to cave in skulls.

oh and you might want to ensure that they all arrive in the courtyard at the same time, to minimize casualties.

The wermen weren't really a problem.  In the end it was a guy they killed during the invasion that has come back as a zombie.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 09, 2012, 11:21:38 am »

It's reasonable since they are looking for brains

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 09, 2012, 04:21:54 pm »

I don't know how it happened but the zombies I had previously had locked in a room somehow got out and now all hell is breaking loose.  Thoughts?

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 09, 2012, 05:02:48 pm »

I don't know how it happened but the zombies I had previously had locked in a room somehow got out and now all hell is breaking loose.  Thoughts?

Try being observant? *shrugs*
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 09, 2012, 05:09:12 pm »

[sarcasm mode] And here i thought it would be a great idea to lock a bunch of murderous death machines in a room and not pay attention to them. Who would of guessed that they would escape somehow?   [sarcasm mode end]

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 09, 2012, 09:02:16 pm »

[sarcasm mode] And here i thought it would be a great idea to lock a bunch of murderous death machines in a room and not pay attention to them. Who would of guessed that they would escape somehow?   [sarcasm mode end]

The door was locked.  I didn't know they could unlock doors... But yeah, we have roughly 5 dwarven zombies on our hands and 4 or 5ish other ones.  What's the best way to get rid of them?  "Lock the doors" isn't an option at this point seeing how they can unlock doors.  They couldn't for a very long time and suddenly they acquired that ability...

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 09, 2012, 09:27:00 pm »

The door was locked.  I didn't know they could unlock doors... But yeah, we have roughly 5 dwarven zombies on our hands and 4 or 5ish other ones.  What's the best way to get rid of them?  "Lock the doors" isn't an option at this point seeing how they can unlock doors.  They couldn't for a very long time and suddenly they acquired that ability...

So basically we have a bunch of murderous death machines that can unlock doors and have a tendency to head shot dwarves. Dwarf fortress at it's penultimate level of !!FUN!!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 49