Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 111837 times)

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - Reclaim count: 2
« Reply #300 on: August 04, 2012, 02:31:29 pm »

i think a rollback will work best in this case. i'm just glad i made 3 mini traps (all of which you found) to keep you occupied :P
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 04, 2012, 06:49:58 pm »

i think a rollback will work best in this case. i'm just glad i made 3 mini traps (all of which you found) to keep you occupied :P

3?  I only remember 2.  the small one i plugged.  The 1 that i misinterpreted.  what's the 3rd one?  The only other Thing I remember doing is locking a few doors and clogging the river...
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 04, 2012, 08:00:15 pm »

Turns out the zombie uprising wasn't my fault.  Play the save for an hour and watch what happens.  Thoughts on what to do here?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 04, 2012, 08:05:09 pm »

Go to an area where there aren't corpses and build maybe 5 tiles of wall/floor to block them out?
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 04, 2012, 08:42:50 pm »

Go to an area where there aren't corpses and build maybe 5 tiles of wall/floor to block them out?

The truely mystifying thing is i don't have the remotest clue where they're coming from...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 04, 2012, 11:19:06 pm »

A single-tile wall would be sufficient to keep out everything. Except the ghosts of the GreatWyrm legion...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 05, 2012, 01:04:48 am »

That can be flying zombies and come from above.
Or that's those wren's invasion araised. I think that smooth-stone zone is dangerous, while soil tiles are safe for storing corpses.
I suggest locking all ways inside and dispatch them one by one at undeads-free zone, that one who is in right tower is first to do.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 05, 2012, 09:47:01 am »

Yes it's an invasion of wrens along with some zombie dorfs.  The biggest issue is our lack of military.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 05, 2012, 10:18:09 am »

Hammers to everyone!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 05, 2012, 12:59:53 pm »

Ah. I thought Ashton meant thickness, not height.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 05, 2012, 02:10:53 pm »

Ah. I thought Ashton meant thickness, not height.

Actually I was thinking if there were multiple entrances to be sealed off
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 06, 2012, 03:03:13 pm »

3?  I only remember 2.  the small one i plugged.  The 1 that i misinterpreted.  what's the 3rd one?  The only other Thing I remember doing is locking a few doors and clogging the river...

you'll have to find it again then :P

and if you intend on preforming a dwarven dogpile, i strongly suggest giving everyone some form of head protection. most of the deaths on my turn were from headshots.

EDIT: also, the only thing keeping this fort from tantrum sprialing right now is the fact that nobody has any friends.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 03:05:03 pm by andyman564 »
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 07, 2012, 09:49:22 am »

Sorry for the lack of updates.  I've been pretty busy.  I plan on playing quite a bit today though!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 07, 2012, 09:48:04 pm »

Can I get a turn in this?  Sounds like fun

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 08, 2012, 02:37:00 pm »

Just so people know, I'm on vacation from tomorrow until the 14th, so I won't be able to start playing until after then. I'd still like my turn, but I'd be fine with swapping places with the person after me if Ifeno finishes soon.
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 49