Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 111774 times)

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - Reclaim count: 2
« Reply #285 on: August 02, 2012, 12:14:51 pm »

Where's your smasher?  I was looking for that earlier but couldn't find it.  What exactly did you do?  Kill them and smash the corpses or did you smash them while they were alive?
it has note on it describing it's construction. Plate with smasher behind it, then plate+hatch combo. Sometimes crundles make run over bridge before it raises.

So it's an automatic atom smasher?  Ie.  I just clean out the fort, dump the corpses outside and wait for them to attempt to re-enter the fort upon which they will hit the plates and smash themselves?
You can dump them somewhere inside. Deads raise if the tile where they are belongs to evil region. in our case it that is what under snow. Courtyard along the walls, moat and such are safe, I was dumping boudies there with little problem. I even made butchery next to guard tower - it's safe too.

I really should have wiki'ed this shit before playing my turn.  Oh well live and learn.

...not the best phrase for this situation but what ever...

Likely won't be able to re-claim it before saturday because I have an exam tomorrow so sorry for the delay there guys...
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 02, 2012, 12:50:59 pm »

Likely won't be able to re-claim it before saturday because I have an exam tomorrow so sorry for the delay there guys...
*mumbling to myself* ..and if he won't make it we'll roll back to Andy's save...
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 02, 2012, 12:55:03 pm »

*mumbling to myself* ..and if he won't make it we'll roll back to Andy's save...

>.>
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 02, 2012, 08:32:55 pm »

So...no one has buried or memorialized any of my dwarves? Have their zombies caused trouble?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 02, 2012, 10:50:57 pm »

actually the only undead version of you (that i saw) is GreatwyrmGold's  ghost. there may be a couple zombie versions locked down in the caverns. oh and the undead in the caves have managed to kill every forgotten beast that has come our way. thankfully, FBs stay dead once killed.
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 02, 2012, 11:02:33 pm »

Words cannot describe how tempted I am to magma flood the place and then just reclaim it after the magma has dried up...

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 02, 2012, 11:59:55 pm »

Words cannot describe how tempted I am to magma flood the place and then just reclaim it after the magma has dried up...
That's why I asked for volcano when we were chosing the location.
But since Ashton spawned some magma with dfhack, you can transform it into infinite source.
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 03, 2012, 02:56:14 pm »

That's why I asked for volcano when we were chosing the location.
But since Ashton spawned some magma with dfhack, you can transform it into infinite source.

I'd rather not hack more...

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 03, 2012, 08:00:50 pm »

forgot to mention this earlier, but i never got around to the random killing during my turn. frankly i think that rule should be scrapped, in any other fort it would make a fun addition, but between the zombies and the traps, we've got more than enough death.
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 03, 2012, 08:15:20 pm »

forgot to mention this earlier, but i never got around to the random killing during my turn. frankly i think that rule should be scrapped, in any other fort it would make a fun addition, but between the zombies and the traps, we've got more than enough death.

Agreed.  I don't think anyone has actually done it so far.

On a side note, I think I might just roll back to your save and go from there.  What do you guys think?  Should I re-claim or roll back?

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 03, 2012, 11:23:36 pm »

I think it's OK for reclaim

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 04, 2012, 08:13:11 am »

I'd say roll-back, use you intuition
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 04, 2012, 10:59:02 am »

Re-read my post. I actualy meant the it's ok to rollback to save if reclaim is too hardcore. I did some savescumming at my reclaim, to be honest.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 04, 2012, 11:47:53 am »

Re-read my post. I actualy meant the it's ok to rollback to save if reclaim is too hardcore. I did some savescumming at my reclaim, to be honest.

My only concern is that Reclaiming will take too long.  I just don't want to keep everyone waiting.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 04, 2012, 11:56:50 am »

I really should have looked up how the zombie thing works.  All this happened because I was trying to transfer the zombies to the smasher. 
*sigh*

Oh well not like I had done much before they stood up XD
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 49