Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Roll To Scavenge: The Dead City  (Read 12519 times)

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Scavenge: The Dead City
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2012, 03:41:37 pm »

(Um, I thiiiink you should wait until my post before you post stuff like "He shoots the lock off" and actually going in, I'm afraid.)
Oops, sorry. Pretend that didn't happen yet...

barbequedcinders

• Bay Watcher
  • "The game is done! I've won! I've won!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2012, 03:43:48 pm »

(Um, I thiiiink you should wait until my post before you post stuff like "He shoots the lock off" and actually going in, I'm afraid.)
Definitely true. But hey, people get excited sometimes XD.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2012, 03:48:06 pm »

((Bold action = Waiting for a new turn. Just hope you don't roll a [1] and shoot at the door only to kill a stray dog a hundred feet away.

You should edit all that action out lest you roll badly and all of that actually ends up not happening, making the situation strange.))
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 03:53:11 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2012, 03:54:37 pm »

((Bold action = Waiting for a new turn. Just hope you don't roll a [1] and shoot at the door only to kill a stray dog a hundred feet away.))
Oops, OK. I'm gonna re-do that post.

Anthony walks up to the door and tries to open it, only to find it locked. He then does what any other redneck would do; he decides to shoot the lock.

Shoot the lock on the door at point-blank range.

barbequedcinders

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2012, 03:57:56 pm »

((Bold action = Waiting for a new turn. Just hope you don't roll a [1] and shoot at the door only to kill a stray dog a hundred feet away.))

Anthony walks up to the door and tries to open it, only to find it locked. He then does what any other redneck would do; he decides to shoot the lock.

Shoot the lock on the door at point-blank range.

Seeing Anthony preparing to do so, Maegan backs away and covers her eyes with her arm.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2012, 04:01:14 pm »

((The next time, try editing the post to avoid clutter.
And depending on your roll, you could find the door open and save a bullet :P))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2012, 04:09:49 pm »

((The next time, try editing the post to avoid clutter.
And depending on your roll, you could find the door open and save a bullet :P))
-_- Dammit...

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2012, 08:42:49 pm »

"I'm unarmed, so you guys protecting me with your bows and arrows, okay?"

Rella follows everyone into the building from behind.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2012, 08:46:33 pm »

((@TCM: There are two groups so far. Me+Skyrunner and BBQ+Urist: Nikolae+Aaaron and Maegan+Anthony.))
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Scavenge: Accepting Players [4/5]
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2012, 10:54:00 pm »

Skryunner's character is an uncool person. Now he can't go trigger happy and his weapon shoots darts.
((Well, darts are inconspicuous.))

Orin drummed his fingers on his bow and adjusted the torn strap of his flak jacket. Everyone was going to be off to find places for survival, and he'd let them do that. He just watched as the others moved on.

"Hey Nick, hold up. I'm coming with you."

Follow Nikolae's group, looking at the environment for anything salvegeable.

((Urist, the GM rolls for things here, players should act, but not RP their consequences until after they're done.))

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Scavenge: Accepting Players [4/5]
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2012, 10:56:02 pm »

((Urist, the GM rolls for things here, players should act, but not RP their consequences until after they're done.))
I got it now. Thanks for reminding, I get a little headstrong a lot.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2012, 11:08:13 pm »

"Well, don't —ing get in my way and you're fine as a —ing daisy," muttered Aaaron.

((GM: A bowgun has more than one arrow in its clip. Maybe 5?))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2012, 09:43:59 am »

Bumping this, I got jittery

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2012, 11:25:41 am »

Soundtrack: AM180 by Granddaddy

Time of Day: 2:42pm
Weather: Cloudy, Light Drizzle.

Nikolae, Aaron and Orin

They stood under the church, staring up at it's run-down, blasted steeple. On the sign just beside the door was not alerting anyone of a sermon, instead saying "ALIVE INSIDE" in paint. Orin cautiously opened the door. [4] Hundreds of pews, some overturned, others broken, faced the altar. Orin stepped inside, and looked to the side. He gasped and stepped back. A hanged skeleton hovered just 20 centimeters off the ground. Behind the skeleton was a wall filled with writings that read "We killed the atmosphere with fumes from the blood of the Earth, we killed God's Creations for food and pleasure, and now we've obliterated Earth and Heaven for mere material wealth, and God has abandoned us. REPENT."

Nikolae stepped in, and looked at the skeleton. "You okay? Don't worry about it... They must have thought this was Judgement Day... And that they weren't up for the mark. Humans, eh?"

Orin stared, and shook his head. "Just... Just need a minute."

Nikolae nodded. He searched the church, and examined it's defenses. It'd make a good base, but there weren't many supplies. While Aaron cut down the skeleton (He didn't want to do it, and was "--ing" all the time) Orin looked as Aaron carelessly tossed the skeleton outside.

"We'll bury it, right?" Orin said, recovering from his initial shock.

"If you want to, yes. We're not gonna bury all the dead in this city, though, so don't expect us to do that." Nikolae said, smiled.

"Look, it's just... When I see things like that, it just kinda gets to me." Orin said, sighing. "Don't rib me."

"I understand. I won't make jokes anymore about it."

Aaron grunted as he stepped in from the winter. "--ing hell! Guess who has to toss the corpse outside? Not mister --ing 'BIG -ING SNIPER RIFLE THAT REQUIRES THE STRENGTH OF --ING 19 PEOPLE!", and not mister 'I'm so --ing badass and probably has a dark --ing past'! ME!"

Orin and Nikolae simply looked at each other, then shook their heads simultaneously.

Rella, Anthony and Maegan

A neon sign that seemed to have burst a long time ago hung over what looked to be a supermarket. The windows were boarded up. The sign read "MCMURPHY'S".

Anthony stepped back as the door opened by itself. It was an automatic door, and the glass was so dirty it was hard to see through, but it was surprising to see a door, even automatic, open. It had been a while. Anthony stepped in, and looked around. There was a smell of rotting goods, still there even if the goods had gone from "Rotten" to "Stain", but there were rows upon rows of canned food and plastic bottles of water. There must have been 34 cans and 14 bottles total. This was a cache of undiscovered food.

"Rella, Maegan, we're eating tonight!" Anthony said, grinning with happiness.

Spoiler: Nikolae (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Anthony (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rella (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aaron (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Orin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Maegan (click to show/hide)

barbequedcinders

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2012, 11:51:15 am »

Maegan looks around the store, taking in everything around her. Something about this place seemed... familiar. Who knows? Perhaps she used to shop here before the missiles hit. Everything before that day was a blur; her mind was filled with vague, broken, yet happy memories. She shudders, shakes her head to clear it, and tries to continue her search for useful things. She begins to gather up canned goods into her shirt, and then looks for something to carry them in, some sort of basket or bag. All the while, she looks for somewhere to spend the night in the building, and perhaps something to clear her head...

gather canned goods/search for basket, look for any form of medicine.
(if that's too much, then lop off the part about the medicine.)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7