Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Roll To Scavenge: The Dead City  (Read 12510 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Roll To Scavenge: No Longer Accepting, Starting Soon
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2012, 01:58:03 pm »

Yes, a bowgun is a crossbow with a clip.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2012, 02:03:15 pm »

I'm still in doubt if Nikolae should have an accent or not. Can't decide between russian, german or a strange mingle between both.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2012, 02:09:23 pm »

I'm still in doubt if Nikolae should have an accent or not. Can't decide between russian, german or a strange mingle between both.

Make him have tangets about his tales fighting in Japan.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2012, 02:15:36 pm »

Make him have tangets about his tales fighting in Japan.
Incidentally, this Nikolae is almost the same as the other one (blonde hair, blue eyes), with some modifications to his personality. As you can see, the family's passion for heavy weaponry still remains.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2012, 02:19:52 pm »

I'm actually part German, so you have that argument covered.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Scavenge: The Dead City
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2012, 02:37:17 pm »

Blue = Nikolae, Light Green = Orin, Red = Rella, Dark Green = Anthony, Yellow = Aaron, White = Megan.

Soundtrack: The Tower, from Metro 2033

Time of Day: 2:30pm
Weather: Cloudy, Light Drizzle.

Upon the shattered ground, six people stood. Nikolae sighed at the rain and hoped his beret wouldn't be soaked after this. They had recently arrived from the southern state, and had been traveling a while. They had almost no supplies, and this city would have to do. There was not a single sound in the metropolis, like time had not moved since the missile struck the ground and detonated. The only things within the borders were death, rubble and silence... until they arrived.

"Pleasant city, isn't it?" Rella said. "The rubble really adds a rustic appeal."

"Heh." Anthony smiled at Rella, then went back to a serious face. "We better figure out a plan. We don't have many supplies, and we really need somewhere to rest. We only have three hours of daylight before it gets dark."

"I miss when a nuclear winter was not happening all the time." Nikolae said, sarcastically. "We can't even make snowmen."

"This is just the --ing comedy hour, isn't it?" Aaron said angrily. "You are just a bunch of regular --ing post-nuclear stand-up comedians. Christ."

"... What?" Maegan stared at Aaron.

"Ignore him." Nikolae said.

"Right... What's the plan, then?" Orin asked.

And with that, their true adventure begins.

Spoiler: Nikolae (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Anthony (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rella (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aaron (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Orin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Maegan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 02:51:42 pm by Fniff »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2012, 02:47:53 pm »

((Should be —ing, actually. He only pauses and says ing all the time :3 The dash is an em dash.))

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2012, 02:57:40 pm »

I say we look through one of the buildings for (non-contaminated) food and water, then search for a house of some type. We could fortify and modify it for our home base.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2012, 03:01:20 pm »

"Well, let's —ing canvas this places, people. Who knows, those —ing buildings might —ing have —ing food and stuff in there."

Aaaron stalks off towards building to the south.

barbequedcinders

• Bay Watcher
  • "The game is done! I've won! I've won!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2012, 03:01:32 pm »

I agree with Urist, let's look through some buildings for supplies and a defensible location.

Maegan looks around, scuffling her feet, ignoring the arguing people surrounding her. Seeing the need for shelter, she wanders up the street to the building directly to the north of her.

Search the building directly to the north of Maegan.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 03:03:36 pm by barbequedcinders »

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2012, 03:11:24 pm »

Maegan looks around, scuffling her feet, ignoring the arguing people surrounding her. Seeing the need for shelter, she wanders up the street to the building directly to the north of her.

Search the building directly to the north of Maegan.

Anthony follows Maegan, draws his pistol, puts his riot shield on his arm, and gestures that he should take the lead; he is the only member of the group that has a good defensive item on him, after all.

Carefully enter the building. You never know if there might be traps, or Raiders.

barbequedcinders

• Bay Watcher
  • "The game is done! I've won! I've won!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2012, 03:18:44 pm »

Anthony follows Maegan, draws his pistol, puts his riot shield on his arm, and gestures that he should take the lead; he is the only member of the group that has a good defensive item on him, after all.

Carefully enter the building. You never know if there might be traps, or Raiders.
Maegan, not one to argue, allows him to take the lead and carefully follows.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2012, 03:21:17 pm »

Nikolae tapped the blue beret on top of his long blonde hair to make sure no sudden gust of wind had whisked it away before turning to the rest.

"Yeah, explore those buildings, but you should split up to a maximum of two teams. And just try not to die."

Silently follow behind Self Censorship Man, a.k.a. Aaaron. Carefully enter and scan the building.

Nikolae looked around on the way to the southmost building and tugged on the straps of his longcoat, noticing that some more pieces of the damaged armor had been recently shattered.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:31:46 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2012, 03:37:26 pm »

Maegan, not one to argue, allows him to take the lead and carefully follows.
Anthony walks up to the door and tries to open it, only to find it locked. He then does what any other redneck would do; he shoots the lock (-1 shot in M1911A1). He then picks up the spent cartridge casing, to later reload it, he says. Anthony kicks the (now broken) door down and carefully enters, shield up and pistol out. It seems safe enough, so he sits down, relieved that he's out of the rain. "Gun's been rained on enough times. The last thing I want is to have it all rusted and useless," he says to nobody in particular.

He doesn't know where in the building to search first, so he decides to rest a little bit.

Anthony rests for a while, but he does not sleep. He's learned the hard way that he needs to keep his guard up.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2012, 03:38:40 pm »

(Um, I thiiiink you should wait until my post before you post stuff like "He shoots the lock off" and actually going in, I'm afraid.)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7