Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: M.U.G.E.N  (Read 12929 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: M.U.G.E.N
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2012, 10:59:06 am »

Okay, why isn't my music working? They're all mp3, and I'm sure I did it correctly in system.def.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2012, 11:40:09 am »

Apparently this stuff is very well done and accurate or balanced or something:

http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/855-warusaki3s-collection/

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2012, 11:55:05 am »

This is probably a stupid question, but how do you change the resolution? I can't seem to find the part of system.def that controls that.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2012, 12:04:20 pm »

This is probably a stupid question, but how do you change the resolution? I can't seem to find the part of system.def that controls that.

Actually it's mugen.cfg.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2012, 12:06:27 pm »

Yeah sorry, I was thinking of localcood. I can't remember exactly how it's supposed to be done but localcood might have something to do with rescaling characters messing things up - I think it needs to be adjusted in some way, but I forget exactly how. Been a long time since I've done this.

Edit: Try making localcood match your resolution, see if that helps.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:13:28 pm by 3 »

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2012, 12:09:44 pm »

Apparently this stuff is very well done and accurate or balanced or something:

http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/855-warusaki3s-collection/

Wait, Warusaki3 made a SSJ3 Goku?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2012, 12:47:28 am »

I don't suppose anyone knows if it's possible to have a character (say, Ryu from Street Fighters) fight a specific series of characters in Arcade mode? I know how to give each character a "difficulty rating", and how to set up arcade matches so that a boss-level enemy is always last, but I want character-specific paths. Say, Ryu first fights Ken, then Chun-Li, etc, and ending with a match against Gouki/Akuma.

The way I have it now, Ryu might go against Ken, then Iron Man, then Perfect Cell, then Sandbag, then Kool-Aide Man, and finally Akuma. It's random every time and I might be pitted against some high-powered flying character right off the bat.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2012, 12:24:12 pm »

Going by the feature requests in their forum, I assume there's currently no way to do this.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2012, 12:29:39 pm »

Darn :(

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2012, 10:19:11 pm »

Aw yeah. Started today, and right now my characters are Terry Bogard, Deejay, Haggar, Kenshiro, Ibuki, Chun-li, Dan Hibiki, Guile, Ken, Sakura, Ryu, Sagat and Hayato.

I like Street Fighter :P

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2012, 10:24:06 pm »

My roster so far:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I still have a LOT of slots to fill :P

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2013, 07:31:27 pm »

My roster so far:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I still have a LOT of slots to fill :P

Yes, I am necro'ing this. 1, because MUGEN is awesome and 2, because I'd love to know where you got that screenpack??

I want to start a new MUGEN but my old setup was put together using the Mugen Windows Configurator. Which I now am using with version 1.0 but it causes a few side effects because I think it's only supposed to work with winmugen. Anyway, I have it set up for about 96 chars but that is soon to be full and I'm not sure how to fit any more in with my current screenpack.

Also, I love Mugen because its fun and a challenge to try to put together an awesome variety of different but balanced characters. I just wish that I could update some chars with better AI. Some chars however I cannot ever beat, not necessarily because they are OP but because the AI is so good. Like the popular version of Wonder Woman. I use her as a boss in my arcade mode setup because I have NEVER beaten her...

EDIT: That is the screenpack that comes with the game isn't it? You have just modified it? Perhaps you wouldn't mind sending me your system.def?? :D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 07:33:02 pm by joey4track »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2013, 07:36:45 pm »

I don't remember where I got it from, sadly. It's not really a screenpack, it's just a couple of edited text files to change the size of the portraits, the size of the character icons, and the number of icons.

Try searching for "unlimited mugen". Best I can come up with, since I've had this setup for quite some time.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2013, 07:39:07 pm »

Funny this popped up, I was just about to search for this thread after seeing this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xtoRrOfpDM
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2013, 07:51:09 pm »

I don't remember where I got it from, sadly. It's not really a screenpack, it's just a couple of edited text files to change the size of the portraits, the size of the character icons, and the number of icons.

Try searching for "unlimited mugen". Best I can come up with, since I've had this setup for quite some time.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's just an edited version of the select.def text file that is in the data folder of the game but I'm not sure how to edit it. I like your setup because it has just enough slots to make out who chars are unlike alot of those mega packs you can find.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6