Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: M.U.G.E.N  (Read 12916 times)

Dead Pool

• Bay Watcher
  • BOO-YAA!
    • View Profile
M.U.G.E.N
« on: June 10, 2012, 01:48:30 pm »

What is MUGEN?!
MUGEN is a 2d sidescrolling fighter game like street fighter, with over than 100+ MILLLION characters made by the community.
Even though the game is only 7 MB, the overall usermade content would be over 500 GB.
Infact, the avatar I have now is from MUGEN!

There are many themes of MUGEN characters you can choose from.
You can pick Marvel, DC, etc, etc...
and I ensure you that you will NEVER EVER search for a character and it won't come up.

All characters are already made, and if not, get ready for tommorow, everything gets released.
Please, please, beware that once you first download the game, ONLY 2 characters come with it, that means that you have to do the rest.

Some people have over 20,000 chars in their rosters!

MESSAGE FOR BAY12 USERS!
I know you all love modding, and get ready, because this game is not only fully moddable, it allows you to edit moves, design characters, etc...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what are you waiting for?

Links

Download: http://www.elecbyte.com/mugen
Where I got almost all my characters, AND stages: http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/

READY, SET, FIGHT!

Instructions:
I downloaded a ton of Marvel characters, but I can't figure out how to use them, can anyone help me figure it out?
Buttonmashing?
No, no, no, that's my usual strategy, I can't figure out how to install them.
1st: Put each of the character folders (not the RAR files you might have downloaded) into you MUGEN's char folder.
2nd: Go to the data folder and open the "select" text document. NotePad is fine.
3rd: Go to the section with the title [Characters]. Skip past the tutorial text with the semicolons, and look for a a line like this:
Code: [Select]
kfm, random4th: Under the above line, type the exact name of each character folder you placed in char. You may also wish to add the ", random", which will tell the game to choose a random stage when you fight that character. Make sure each character/stage combination is on a different line. Example:
Code: [Select]
WarMachine, random
ryuDG, random
ultrarox_vice, random
5th: Save the select file.
6th: Run MUGEN!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 10:56:03 am by Dead Pool »
Deadpool is comin' for ya.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: M.U.G.E.N
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 01:58:21 pm »

So... not related to Samurai Shamploo?

Dead Pool

• Bay Watcher
  • BOO-YAA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 01:59:12 pm »

It's related to everything.
There are characters from EVERY SINGLE GAME, AND SHOOOOOOOOW!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 02:35:56 pm »

You sort of need a updated Mugen to run it on certain systems.

I'd remake my old Mugen but I've long since lost some of my favorite characters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 02:36:47 pm »

Isn't this the thing with the broken characters because people aren't terribly good at balancing characters against everything ever?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dead Pool

• Bay Watcher
  • BOO-YAA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 02:38:12 pm »

So... not related to Samurai Shamploo?
ALSO @Dead Pool, WELCOME TO B12, OR WELCOME TO POSTING FOR THE FIRST TIME, OR SOMETHING

Thanks

You sort of need a updated Mugen to run it on certain systems.

I'd remake my old Mugen but I've long since lost some of my favorite characters.

I don't quite get you, I don't see the problem in running Mugen 1.0, or atleast downloading a full game?
I have just gotten from posting because I was playing an epic adventure on a full game.
You should try that.

Isn't this the thing with the broken characters because people aren't terribly good at balancing characters against everything ever?

Not really?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 02:39:48 pm »

Pretty much. It's still a lot of fun if you don't download the god-characters. It's like an actual Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 02:39:56 pm »

Well a lot of people make characters that are balanced against the other characters of their type (The DBZ characters all tend to be around balanced for DBZ characters).

But it says something when Kung-Fu man who comes with the game is the weakest character ever made. (mind you people have made upgraded kung-fu men)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 02:41:11 pm »

I have seen Kung-Fu Man win, even against powerful characters. Rarely. Very rarely. But it isn't impossible.

Dead Pool

• Bay Watcher
  • BOO-YAA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 02:41:38 pm »

I really don't play Marvel vs Some Mario Character.

It just ruins the game completely, I only like to go theme with Marvel.
Also full games such as Marvel vs Capcom make it compatible to play Marvel characters with Capcom characters.

Also, it's because Kung-Fu Man, would never ever actually play against some powerful mutant in real life.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 02:43:08 pm »

Does this game have decent AI, or any AI at all?

Dead Pool

• Bay Watcher
  • BOO-YAA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 02:43:41 pm »

Yes, decent AI.
I only play in the "WATCH" mode.
Where you watch AI vs AI.
Though you can still control though.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 02:44:46 pm »

But what's the point of M.U.G.E.N. if you're just gonna use a single series/franchise? Go nuts!

@ Rex_Nex: A lot of it depends on individual characters, since they were all made by different people. You can have a Batman character that can do nothing but walk forwards and punch, or a really cool Batman that has all sorts of crazy moves and strategies.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 02:45:16 pm »

I have seen Kung-Fu Man win, even against powerful characters. Rarely. Very rarely. But it isn't impossible.

Yes but he is doing so doing less damage, being slower, and having less strategic attacks.

Also Setsuna (or Setsuka...) the swordsmen would totally beat Kung-Fu man everytime... There is a reason I made him the second last boss of the game.

Dead Pool

• Bay Watcher
  • BOO-YAA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 02:46:35 pm »

But yeah....
If you would like the BEEEEEEEEEEST results, download Spiderman and Superman from one site, and watch them go nuts.
If you would like the NOT BEST, BUT VERY GOOD results, do whatever you want.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6