Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Age Of Myth: Platinumgod  (Read 6117 times)

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
Re: The Age Of Myth: Platinumgod
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2012, 01:12:41 am »

Heh. I'm pretty sure that the dwarves on either side are insane, regardless of leadership or experiences.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 01:22:13 pm »

Update, but it is peaceful and short.
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 01:15:57 am »

A fairly good update, if I say so myself.

It's time this story got a bit darker once again.
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 01:00:21 pm »

I almost feel sorry for the poor old loony.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 03:50:00 am »

Summer's here and all the busyness is gone. I've caught up on all I've missed. The fall of Goldenhold was a good read.
This last chapter...It send a shiver down my spine upon its conclusion. I WANT MORE.
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2012, 11:33:20 pm »

Summer's here and all the busyness is gone. I've caught up on all I've missed. The fall of Goldenhold was a good read.
This last chapter...It send a shiver down my spine upon its conclusion. I WANT MORE.

I'll get back to writting this soon.

But I've been on vactation.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2012, 02:15:15 am »

Ooooh, vacation. Sounds fun.

I'll be eagerly awaiting that next update then. Enjoy your vacation.
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2012, 12:27:44 pm »

Chapter 11: Burns Without Fire

I am going to put this rather simple- we went down the hallway again.  Not the one to the tower.  The one to the mayor’s lair.

I met no ghosts, saw no visions, and had a total grip of my mind as I trotted along, carrying a pot.  I brought everyone.  In Platinumgod that is only slightly more than ten people as you feel the moisture of hallways rarely passed splash beneath your feet as you head to the dragon.  You’d expect the endgame of your fate to come slowly, but it was surprisingly fast to be honest.  I didn’t consider anything about my life as I did what I had to.  All of us wore steel boots on our feet though.

We purposely let the mayor’s sentries hear us, the clanking of our boots on the cold stone floor.  They came around the hall, screaming and yelling at their comrades.  Some of them shouted threats, and cursed us to go burn in the deepest pit of hell.  We smiled, but everyone in my party said nothing as they approached us with their worn socks on their feet, rusty swords in their hands, the skin pressed against their bones from malnutrition, their eyes sunken in their heads.  A few months ago they would have been our brothers. 

But now, now we poured the acid on the ground and watched them scream and writhe in it.  It burned through their socks first, sizzling.  Fear filled their torchlight eyes, but no amount of begging would stop it.  The soles of their feet were next, and the smell of burning flesh filled the stagnant air of caverns deep.  My nose would have twitched if I was not used to the smell, but right then I hardly noticed it.

Without their feet they fell into the acid face first, which was a mercy.  More awful stench filled the air.  Despite their position it took them five long minutes to die.  They only screamed for the first three I’d say though.  Then the acid filled their throats.

We had slain five of the mayor’s henchmen.  He couldn’t have many more.  We walked around the acid pool, into their storeroom, and stole all the food that was for the mayor and his closest.  All the mead, all the bread, all the meat.  We weren’t hungry, we weren’t thirsty, but we took it anyways just to make the traitors suffer.  What we couldn’t take with us we set to the torch.  That’s how the game of Platinumgod works- you win or you burn.  There is nothing in between.

We decided to head back though, away from that grisly scene.  Those bodies didn’t deserve to be buried.  It would be a warning to them about what we do to traitors. 

We burn them without a fire.

I laughed at their suffering when we returned, and every last one of us drank a bottle of mead to the god of war, and a bottle of ale to the god of fortresses.  However, I drank a third glass of wine.  This glass I dedicated to Armok.

The god of blood.  I know he watches Platinumgod with great interest.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2012, 02:46:02 pm »

To think I thought for a moment that they were going to try to subvert the enemy with delicacies of forgotten beast prepared meal.
Why subvert the enemy when instead you can spill their blood for the blood god?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2012, 03:36:58 pm »

Or boil it away in acid. Armok probably doesn't mind that too much...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2012, 04:45:14 pm »

Or boil it away in acid. Armok probably doesn't mind that too much...

This is another issue.

What does being the god of blood mean?  Is he the god of BLOOD?  Or is he the god of suffering and strife?  But those are all already picked out.  He isn't death because the games already made gods for that. 

It is assumed that he is the head of the pantheon- but to what purpose?  Every world brings a new one, and none know him but he is always there.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2012, 05:06:33 pm »

The explanation I've found (come up with) is as follows.

Armok is not bound to a world. Armok does as Armok pleases. When Armok is bored, Armok creates a new world to Armok's liking. Armok then starts influencing a band of dwarves, nay, an entire world, to do Armok's will. Armok created Boatmurdered. Armok was responsible for Blockedlance. Armok oversaw every little fort out there. Armok was everywhere, in every world. Armok made a dwarven computer, many pyramids, countless insane megaprojects...Armok ruled the world and did as Armok saw fit.

Armok is the god of blood and head of the pantheon. All the other gods in the pantheon have no influence over their people, but not Armok. Armok can go as far as to possess entities in the world and go on adventures of glory, death, and blood. Armok does as Armok pleases.

Armok is never explicitly named in the world. Why? It is Armok's world. Armok has no reason to put Armok's name in the world. If Armok wishes to, Armok can put Armok's name in the world. Armok does as Armok pleases.

Mirror mirror on the wall, who is Armok? Armok is, you.

Sorry, I just had to type that.
But I was quite serious, that's my view on this. "Slaves to Armok, God of Blood. Chapter II, Dwarf Fortress". I change that to, "Slaves to the Player, God of Blood. Chapter II, Dwarf Fortress."

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2012, 08:48:40 pm »

The explanation I've found (come up with) is as follows.

Armok is not bound to a world. Armok does as Armok pleases. When Armok is bored, Armok creates a new world to Armok's liking. Armok then starts influencing a band of dwarves, nay, an entire world, to do Armok's will. Armok created Boatmurdered. Armok was responsible for Blockedlance. Armok oversaw every little fort out there. Armok was everywhere, in every world. Armok made a dwarven computer, many pyramids, countless insane megaprojects...Armok ruled the world and did as Armok saw fit.

Armok is the god of blood and head of the pantheon. All the other gods in the pantheon have no influence over their people, but not Armok. Armok can go as far as to possess entities in the world and go on adventures of glory, death, and blood. Armok does as Armok pleases.

Armok is never explicitly named in the world. Why? It is Armok's world. Armok has no reason to put Armok's name in the world. If Armok wishes to, Armok can put Armok's name in the world. Armok does as Armok pleases.

Mirror mirror on the wall, who is Armok? Armok is, you.

Sorry, I just had to type that.
But I was quite serious, that's my view on this. "Slaves to Armok, God of Blood. Chapter II, Dwarf Fortress". I change that to, "Slaves to the Player, God of Blood. Chapter II, Dwarf Fortress."

But In this I'm not going to have the story end with YOU are armok.  I'm pretending these events are real to the dwarf.

So I guess Armok is the head of the pantheon and makes worlds for his entertainment?  That would make sense after all.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2012, 01:25:05 am »

But In this I'm not going to have the story end with YOU are armok.  I'm pretending these events are real to the dwarf.

So I guess Armok is the head of the pantheon and makes worlds for his entertainment?  That would make sense after all.

I like it.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2012, 12:59:31 pm »

A peaceful update.  A happy one, really.
Pages: 1 [2] 3