Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: RTD: Human Factory  (Read 7607 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: RTD: Human Factory
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2012, 10:24:58 am »

Hop into le hole!

Clothes are what is needed, and clothes are what is in there!
As an aside, she ignored Th.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2012, 10:43:54 am »

((Cut me some slack, the GM is absolutely ruining my character concept. Basically, ignore the actions imposed on my character by the turn. They do not correspond to reality.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2012, 10:44:55 am »

((Cut me some slack, the GM is absolutely ruining my character concept.))
((Which was ...?))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2012, 10:56:04 am »

((Which was ...?))
((Which was being a reasonably good guy, if somewhat easily flustered. A common guy, but tending more towards meek Azastre.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Diarrhea Ferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2012, 11:17:18 am »

Sorry Caelleth, I see your point as I reread that last turn. I will try to do less impromptu characterising. Sometimes I forget that I am not just writing for pleasure by myself, and that you all have your own ideas of what your characters are.

Although having said that I do not see that I have particularly made your character not seem like a reasonably good guy. Sure he does not point out that she has forgotten to make herself some useful clothing, but this is in response to her arrogance. I feel like it would be boring if I didn't do anything like that. If you disagree then please say so, and I will stop doing it.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.
YOU MUST ADD THE ABOVE QUOTE INTO YOUR SIGNATURE, RIGHT NOW.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2012, 11:26:47 am »

Search for exit to clothes storage.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2012, 11:31:06 am »

((Nevermind, going to discuss the character's concept with the GM via PMs.))
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:02:51 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2012, 05:13:17 pm »

((Are we only missing TCM's post?))
>Yes?

Diarrhea Ferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2012, 06:57:46 am »

Yes. And why do you use double brackets? (())

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2012, 07:00:39 am »

Yes. And why do you use double brackets? (())
((Out Of Character. Basically I use it for OOC talk.))
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2012, 03:44:07 pm »

((Bumping for missing post.))
>Yes?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2012, 03:47:03 pm »

Run back to everyone, get clothing.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Diarrhea Ferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2012, 04:29:12 pm »

Turn 4
Things are really starting to kick off now. TCM has the first brush with death of the game. For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow...

Craft another set of clothes from the rags. This thing is addictive.
[6] Hot damn! This is so much fun! You go about making a succession of wonderful pieces of clothing, each more excellent that the last. You craft a pile of essentially useless crap, like vanity wear. You also craft some underwear trousers and shirt for Sabana (you feel kinda bad about making fun of her earlier, even if she did probably deserve it). Even if she didn't want it at least it would make you feel better. Unfortunately in your excitement you use up all of the rags.

Disregard Angelo's glare and get some pants on.
[3] Although Angelo continues to glare at you for some time, you wouldn't know about it as you totally disregard him. You rummage through the piles of clothes and eventually find some white y-fronts. They're a little snug, but they will suffice. Certainly better than being on show.

Try to make a whip out of the rags, then see if I can get some glass stuck in it.*
[6-1 skilled work] Yeeeeees...yeeeees, you think. A brilliant weapon! Decorated with studs of glass! Of course. You map it all out in your head, you know exactly where everything should go. You turn towards the pile of rags to begin work, and...it's gone! *sigh* Well, there is more than just rags for fabric around here. Gathering together some clothes from the storage room, you piece together the whip part of the whip. Now to make it deadly...you select a lovely, long thin and brilliantly sharp piece of glass from the pile and push it through the end of the whip. Very nice. You have gained the skill weaponsmaking. You made a glass whip (+1 to damage rolls, on a bad roll the weapon will break due to being so unsturdy).

Hop into le hole!
[5] You hop into the hole with the grace of a lithe city cat. Neatly done. The others nod at your smooth arrival appreciatively.

Search for exit to clothes storage.
[6] The clotehs storage room is quite small so you quickly spot the door on the far side of the room. You consider leaving it at that and spend some time just standing around and waiting for the others to gather clothes and such. But you inevitably become bored so you walk over to the door and try the handle. Locked. LOCKED?! In a sudden rage you smash the door off it's hinges. [5] You feel a little worried that whoever owns this place might be annoyed at your wanton destruction of the door and the floor in the corridor above, but you listen and can hear no kind of reaction. So far it seems like this place is deserted apart from the six of you. Then you hear it, quite faint...

Run back to everyone, get clothing.
[2] You turn to head back to the others. You happily stretch your legs again and make it halfway down the corridor before you hear the buzzing sound. [5] With some kind of in-built instinct you throw yourself at the floor. Some kind of flying metal robot with a buzz saw attached to it's front and a blinking red light for an eye flies over you - if you had hairs on your head it would have shaven them right off! [1] It musn't have been expecting such an excellent reaction, as your neatly timed dive throws off it's targeting systems and it flies headlong into the wall. The machine twitches, almost like a living creature in it's last throes of life, and then the blinking red light goes out. However it doesn't seem to badly damaged on the outside. You think that maybe if someone had the skill and inclination they could rewire the thing. You can hear more buzzing [4] you now notice a small pipe in the ceiling. That is where the buzzing is coming from.

P.S Being a GM is harder work than I anticipated :P if you spot any mistakes in this turn please point them out and I will correct them asap.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2012, 04:35:56 pm »

Take the Buzzsaw robot, smash it into the wall a few times to make sure it stays down.

Diarrhea Ferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2012, 04:39:19 pm »

Another important post to be read!

Ok, so now things start to get interesting. Each one of you needs to pm me some aspect of your character that you have remembered. Maybe it's your proffession, maybe it's some details of your wife, or what you used to do with your kids. You don't remember anything about where you came from or anything like that, just something that could apply to living anywhere.

Maybe you should bear in mind that I will be assigning you a skill based on this. So you might not want to remember that used to be a crossdresser (or maybe you do, I don't know).

Also, it would be nice if this revealed some aspect of your character (bad guy, good guy, kind guy etc) so it would be easier for me to flesh out the turns a bit.

EDIT: Also, this is totally private between me and the individual player. So if you want to tell me your character is serial killer, feel free, I won't tell anyone if you don't :P
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 04:44:11 pm by Diarrhea Ferret »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5