Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27

Author Topic: Gnomoria: Is this the next DF-Like?  (Read 92297 times)

RoboB0b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gnomoria: Is this the next DF-Like?
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2012, 01:08:56 pm »

I hope there'll be some sort of craft which would allow your gnomes to create/tame automated guards such as wolves or automated drones to patrol your base.

I also think that would be cool.  I've been considering crafting automatons as a high level engineering recipe.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2012, 01:18:15 pm »

The problem with ramps is that you have to designate them one at a time.

You're right!  I just changed it right now.  It will be an area select action in the next update.
How do you handle orientation?  Is it automatic based on available walking space above/below or can you rotate all ramps you place by pressing R?
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

RoboB0b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2012, 01:21:56 pm »

How do you handle orientation?  Is it automatic based on available walking space above/below or can you rotate all ramps you place by pressing R?

Ramps are automatic.  They look at the configuration of walls around them and destroy themselves when there are no walls.  I was thinking about having constructed ramps be free standing and rotatable in the 4 cardinal directions only, (ie no multi wall configurations like natural ramps).  I'd want to clearly label them as something else to avoid confusion.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2012, 01:25:47 pm »

How complete is the demo compared to the current indev and the final product?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2012, 01:52:47 pm »

It stops you at day 6, so whatever you can get done in that time you can accomplish!  If you're streamlining it, you might have some metal and attract a trader by then.  But certain things like growing trees for lumber, and even seeing your crops develop is a bit out of that timeframe.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 15, 2012, 09:44:40 am »

Am I the only one who dislikes huge crates and bags (which look like crates)?

This is the version I am playing with:

I've also made a few other tweaks, so if someone wants me to share, feel free to ask.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 15, 2012, 10:21:48 am »

They threatened a release today that would include new graphics for barrels, crates, and bags.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 15, 2012, 11:13:37 am »

They threatened a release today that would include new graphics for barrels, crates, and bags.

hahahaha. And yes Deon I am always up for your mods!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 15, 2012, 11:50:46 am »

The only problems with my mods is that this game is mostly .xnb files, so I cannot mod it yet. But graphics are the first! Also, making them will make me delay the "most wealth" competition, but I guess it's okay :). I never strive for more score, I like aesthetics more.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 15, 2012, 08:51:15 pm »

Is there any way to check the map seeds you have generated?

I generated this map with twin mountains in the middle but lost it. :(
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

RoboB0b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 15, 2012, 09:00:03 pm »

What do you mean?  Did you lose the seed or the save file?  You can see the seed from the Kingdom menu if you can still get into the game.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 15, 2012, 09:07:30 pm »

What do you mean?  Did you lose the seed or the save file?  You can see the seed from the Kingdom menu if you can still get into the game.

I lost the save file. I generated that map and did not take note of the map seed. The game crashed when I was fiddling around with screen resolution and the game did not get saved because when I fired up the game again I only had "New Game" in the menu.

BTW, great game, loving it already although it is still in alpha.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

RoboB0b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 15, 2012, 09:19:43 pm »

I lost the save file. I generated that map and did not take note of the map seed. The game crashed when I was fiddling around with screen resolution and the game did not get saved because when I fired up the game again I only had "New Game" in the menu.

BTW, great game, loving it already although it is still in alpha.

Aww, that's a bummer.  Sorry :(  I'm glad you're still having fun despite the crashing :D

Should I start a new Gnomoria thread focused on questions and stuff in the game?  This one started off more as a "what does everyone think" kind of thread.  I'm not totally sure on the etiquette for starting/continuing threads around here.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 15, 2012, 09:27:50 pm »

Personally I think this one will do. We tend to dislike multiple threads for the same game because that means the information will be all over the place.

RoboB0b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 15, 2012, 09:40:06 pm »

Personally I think this one will do. We tend to dislike multiple threads for the same game because that means the information will be all over the place.

Yeah, that was the impression I got so I've been keeping everything here.  I thought I saw some people asking for a fresh thread, so I just wanted to double check what the consensus was.  Thanks :D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27