Go into more detail
- 4 (57.1%)
It's fine
- 2 (28.6%)
It's horrible get out of my forum
- 1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: CKII- Sicily!(Update Two)  (Read 5406 times)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
CKII- Sicily!(Update Two)
« on: June 09, 2012, 12:59:02 am »

Did you miss me? Of course not. Anyway, summer coming up and my infinite loneliness slowly driving me insane, let's play CKII!

For today's swiftly-ended LP, we will be taking on the grand undertaking of creating a great Sicilian nation as...

Spoiler: This Guy (click to show/hide)

I'll start this baby tomorrow. Suggestions? Cynical comments?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 04:22:19 pm by Megaman »
Hello Hunam

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: CKII- Sicily!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 01:00:45 am »

But he has no beard >:(
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 01:02:52 am »

One does not merely have a beard. One must earn a beard.
Hello Hunam

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 01:55:51 am »

At the moment, that mustache is an adequate substitute for a magnificent beard.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 04:49:50 am »

you own no land in sicily yet. but if the goal is a Sicilian nation... go sicily!

I demand that you take Palermo as soon as possible.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 08:43:59 am »

He's also English, not Sicillian.  >:(

Did you miss me? Of course not. Anyway, summer coming up and my infinite loneliness slowly driving me insane, let's play CKII!

I know just how you feel.  I started an LP for similar reasons.  I should probably check on that...

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 12:27:25 pm »

He's also English, not Sicillian.  >:(

that can be fixed by giving my heir a Sicilian guardian(but I'm not going to do that)

Anyway, UPDATE- COMING SOON.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 12:32:57 pm by Megaman »
Hello Hunam

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 01:06:58 pm »

IN THE YEAR 1066, WAR WAS BEGINNING
(But apparently, this guy was smart enough to rule in southern Italy instead)

Spoiler: WORLD VIEW (click to show/hide)
(We must be weary, I was playing as Novgorod a while ago and noticed that HRE conquered most of Italy. The house we're playing today was only a handful of counties outside of Sicily)

Spoiler: We can usurp Salerno (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Title loss? (click to show/hide)

Hello Hunam

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CKII- Sicily!(First Update!)
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 01:34:24 pm »

The title loss is probably because of gavelkind succession, yeah. You'll probably want to hold of on forming the Kingdom of Sicily until you have primogeniture succession enacted, since I believe you'll use the Byzantine's Crown Laws until then (you need high crown authority to change succession to primogeniture).
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 01:51:19 pm »

he is not english, he is norman. Which is quite normal. in that time period, everyone who had a ship sailed to get sicily at some point( or got it through marriage or whatever). arabs, normans, germans, french, spanish...

this gave sicily a rather multicultural heritage ( and an habit of not caring about foreign rulers. you can only see so many of them before you lose interest).

of particular interest was Frederick II, quite ahead of his time. sadly, things didn't go well for him toward the end.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 01:57:24 pm »

he is not english, he is norman. Which is quite normal. in that time period, everyone who had a ship sailed to get sicily at some point( or got it through marriage or whatever). arabs, normans, germans, french, spanish...
Wasn't English Saxon or whatever?
Hello Hunam

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 03:26:35 pm »

No, English is English. Anglo-saxon wasn't english.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 03:40:55 pm »

The title loss is probably because of gavelkind succession, yeah. You'll probably want to hold of on forming the Kingdom of Sicily until you have primogeniture succession enacted, since I believe you'll use the Byzantine's Crown Laws until then (you need high crown authority to change succession to primogeniture).

I disagree strongly.  The first son will inherit the highest title, then the second son will inherit the next highest title, then the third son will inherit the next highest, then the first son will inherit the next highest (as far as I know, only the first three eligible heirs inherit under Gravekind, everyone else is screwed), then the second son, etc.

What this means is that if you have two duke titles and no king titles, then your first and second sons will rule two different and completely automonous duchies.  Which means your holdings will more or less be divided in half upon death.  However, if you have a king title, then your first son will be king and your second son will be a duke under your first son, keeping everything you worked for under your first son who has the king title and control over your second son.

If you want to be a dick and consolidate all family titles in one person, you can implement seniority, which causes the oldest male heir in your dynasty to inherit everything whenever any member of your dynasty dies.  But again, this is a dick move, which causes everyone to hate you a bit because you're being a dick.   :P

I'd strongly advise against killing off second and third sons even with Gravekind.  Even though your next ruler will have less stuff if they have surviving brothers, the risk of having no males to inherit outweighs this loss.  While you might have a daughter inherit, you'll usually want to marry them off to other rulers that can help you out, meaning their children aren't of your dynasty and leading to the pesky "kill off existing husband and children" if they happen to inherit, which only works if they are young enough to still have more children.

Besides, relatives are more loyal vassals than non-relatives.  And if their schemes work, then somebody in your dynasty still inherits (even if you and your sons are dead, you play as them).

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 04:21:58 pm »

No, English is English. Anglo-saxon wasn't english.
I love being ignorant. Anyway...

IN THE YEAR 1066, WAR WAS BEGINNING(AGAIN)

Spoiler: Wise words (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: War! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: BUM BUM BUUUUUMMMM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Good news! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: A few battles later (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sicilian drama (click to show/hide)
Hello Hunam

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: CKII- Sicily!(Update Two)
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 02:00:22 am »

Nice.  Like the comedic style, but it just seems...detached.  There have been already two wars and no battle stuff, no nothing.  So yeah, please add a bit more detail.

Other than that, nice. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: [1] 2