Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Community Mod  (Read 20325 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Community Mod
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2012, 10:26:52 pm »

Im up.

MODGASM. WHAT IS THIS STUFF?

-Edit-

Okay... I am just gonna make my own little file and just pretend you guys didnt touch this, because I cant understand anything you guys made.

-Edit-

A sieging race that finds animal-butchery appalling.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 10:48:48 pm by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2012, 11:51:12 pm »

I am down for a turn here.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2012, 07:00:18 am »

Do not forward files to me on weekdays GMT time. I can't do anything on Bay12 during those days.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2012, 07:18:03 am »

I'm going to make another civ that has some whacked out ethics. :P

In addition to the octopode-esque and giant-horned-goblin analogues. Maaaan this is goin'ta be so much fun.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2012, 07:53:42 am »

I've got a couple ideas, but I'm going to wait to see if there's any kind of theme going here before solidifying them.
Oh, god, I hope there's a theme...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jdf318

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2012, 10:50:12 am »

I'm just curious if there's any reason to wait in turns for contributions. Hell, even if we had two or three go at once, to keep the succession feel, would work.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2012, 02:41:53 pm »

The main reason it's in turns is that if it wasn't, someone would have to compile all of everyone's changes, and if multiple people change 1 file, it'd get rather.... messy. Even without multiple changes in one file, it means messing about with entity files and looking for wherever someone put their newest weapon or armor, and then adding that to EVERY playable civ, then finding every reaction, and adding it to EVERY playable civ, etc.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2012, 06:03:42 pm »

Indeed. Also, it's more Fun this way, and it gives folks like me more time to think and plan.

If we're just tossing random stuff in, how about this bit, allegedly-steampunk-but-not-even-remotely-steamy snail-car-thing I saw on Modern Marvels? It's called the Golden Mean, and it breathes fire out of its eyestalks.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2012, 06:04:50 pm »

I am... having a much harder time then I thought I would....

Yeeeeah, I will take until august 27 to finish, skip meeeeeeeeee.

-EDIT-

WHAT THE? GreatWyrmGold posted the second I editted, what.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 07:22:00 pm by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2012, 07:21:21 pm »

Is it something we can help with?
Sig

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2012, 08:30:51 pm »

I looked through the raws so we can update the list of contributions. Putnam added the Ansatsuken, a race that has a rarer caste that is capable of performing the thousand crack fist, which appears to cause massive bleeding, but has an aversion to weapons. They have an even rarer caste capable of doing various martial arts moves like Shoryuken and Ki blasts.
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

Nyan Thousand

• Bay Watcher
  • It's exactly nyan thousand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2012, 09:05:52 pm »

Oh, Person, can you post the latest save in the OP? You know, for future reference.

I'll probably start trying to find out how to implement my ideas today or tomorrow, to make my turn smooth. In any case, I need to start learning how to mod.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2012, 09:17:41 pm »

I looked through the raws so we can update the list of contributions. Putnam added the Ansatsuken, a race that has a rarer caste that is capable of performing the thousand crack fist, which appears to cause massive bleeding, but has an aversion to weapons. They have an even rarer caste capable of doing various martial arts moves like Shoryuken and Ki blasts.

Ansatsuken is just an in-file thing; they're martial artists because I couldn't come up with a good name. Ansatsuken is what they practice; it's a Japanese word that refers to martial arts invented for the purpose of assassination, which is certainly what Hokuto Shinken and Ryu/Ken/Akuma/Sean/Sakura/Gouken/Oni's style are.

Basically, one caste can shoryuken/tatsumaki and nothing else; the Satsui no Hadou caste can do Metsu Shoryuken, Tatsumaki Zankuukyaku, Metsu Hadouken and Shakunetsu Hadouken.

The Hokuto Shinken caste can do the Hundred Crack Fist.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 09:20:00 pm by Putnam »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2012, 09:57:11 pm »

so...much...japanese...
must...resist...irge...to...make...amorous...cephalopods...
Sig

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2012, 09:59:07 pm »

I did my best.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15