Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What's new?  (Read 1287 times)

Portalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What's new?
« on: June 08, 2012, 06:39:39 pm »

I haven't played since .34.05 or so, so can anyone spare some time to detail what's changed/new?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: What's new?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 07:45:15 pm »

Minecarts.

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 07:50:14 pm »

For the changelogs you can check out any of these (listed in order from most to least recommended, if you're only going to read one):

1) Wiki Release information - includes links for each release to lists of bugfixes, tweaks, and new features given by Toady One and his comments from the dev log and the forums.  It's concise and fairly complete.

2) Development log - includes lists of bugfixes, tweaks, and new features, along with Toady One's comments on where the game is going.  It's not concise, but complete and adds other interesting info.

3) DF Announcements forum - includes lists of bugfixes, tweaks, and new features, along with some other comments from Toady One.  It's concise if you only read the first post, but long if you don't, though there's other good info hidden in each thread.

4) Bugtracker changelog - includes bug description links, but does not list new features.  Concise and informative, but incomplete.

5) My ultra-concise but leaves a lot out list - many bugfixes, some new bugs, some basic improvements, animal domestication redone/improved, wheelbarrows and minecarts added, many hauling improvements, item weight now affects hauling speed (use minecarts/wheelbarrows for heavy items), falling damage changed (falls less hazardous, while items dropped on creatures became more dangerous), workshops can be linked to stockpiles, and stones and ores now drop 25% of the time (instead of being based on miner skill) but stones and ores now produce x4 blocks and bars, respectively, to make up for that (bituminous coal and lignite also produce more coke).  EDIT: Oh yeah, and adult dwarves now require new(ish) upper- and lower-body clothing plus footwear or they start getting bad thoughts, so don't neglect your clothing industry.  (Thanks, King Mir.)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 09:26:54 pm by HiEv »
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 07:57:07 pm »

Negative thoughts from too little clothing.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 09:28:12 am »

Clothing has been fixed, exotic animal training has been fixed and a new system implemented involving assigning trainers and expanding civilisation knowledge, various nobles have been removed or fixed, various military bugs have been fixed, multi-item hauling, carts and wheelbarrows have been added, mining drop rates are no longer depend on skill and have been changed, stone block and ore metal rates have been modified, and stagnant water and salt water are no longer as troublesome as they used to be.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.