Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Heroes and Gods  (Read 4424 times)

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes and Gods
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 01:21:15 pm »

- Name: Luminus
 - Domains: Light, Dark
 - Description:

it may be pure light, or it may be pure dark. This depends on whether the world is dominated by dark forces, and evil thoughts, or light forces and good thoughts.

If one is the dominant, the other will only be heard at it's decided praying areas.

Neither care much of what the mortals think of them, but they care of what the mortals think of the other. They generally favor the one who dislikes the other, and dislike the ones who favor the other.

If one does something, the other will do something of the opposite nature. (Edit: Unless this action has been requested by a mortal being,)
~-------~
Create the orbs of light and dark. Which are spheres that allows the holder to speak to the god of the same alignment. But only of their soul is of the same nature as the orb.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 01:23:41 pm by sayaks »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2012, 03:04:45 pm »

Okay, calling a halt to suggesting gods until I've caught up with drawing them all.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2012, 03:14:52 pm »

Posting to watch.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 03:03:20 pm »

Just to let everyone know, I haven't updated yet because a windstorm messed up my Internet yesterday. I'm limited to my phone currently, so I can't upload images until my internet gets fixed in a few days.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2012, 04:19:57 pm »

Spoiler: Jilganheim (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tizi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leviathan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nikalas (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Taol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Baltharion (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Schmitty (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sinterous (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Luminus (click to show/hide)

The world has it's pantheon. The gods have begun to shape their land. What happens next is up to them.

Sentients:
 - Rhaelons | Genderless stone people, split into two castes.
 - Tusked beast-men
 - Agrarian rabbit-people

The races need names, by the way.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 04:58:36 pm by Araph »

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 04:40:47 pm »

I made a race already :-[

Call them the Rhaelons.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 04:49:57 pm »

Rabbit-people are called Asokites. I totally made that up by banging on the keyboard, so don't yell at me if it has some other sort of origin.

Schmitty: Teach the Asokites the joys of farming and a quiet lifestyle.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 04:56:35 pm »

I made a race already :-[

Call them the Rhaelons.

Gah, I missed that! Sorry! I'll edit that in now.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 05:39:25 pm »

Baltharion watched and saw intelligence. It was good. It had not made it, but it was there. It saw the living stone and the farming creatures...and the tusked men, without purpose and task.

He watched and saw the world. It was curious. A world of ice and death and seas, and machines.

He watched saw the gods. They were strange. Chaos, death, drunkenness, water, order, indulgence, fear, machines, and the light and dark.

Baltharion looked upon the world and said, "A new world with so many things. I shall grant it one thing; my protection and care in certain places."

Create the Lunarcemi; areas of eternal night where plants grow normally and one cannot be stricken or hurt by disease. These areas will vary from 1km-5km in size and are quite rare.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 05:52:06 pm »

There was death, and it was good. The creations of the other Gods would fade in time, and only Death would remain.

Create the Servitors.

A skeletal, grim, and savage race of bipedal scavenger/predator omnivores that breeds quickly with large litters, organized by matrilineal clans. They look vaguely like a cross between raccoons and cats, but with opposing thumbs. Females are larger, dominant, and more rare; males are small and common, and die in droves competing against each other for food, property, honor, and breeding rights, or in clan wars and feuds.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 06:43:15 pm »

"..."
In a desolate land far from the other creations of the gods, a large spire of blackened metal, bristling with machinery is thrust up through the earth. The sounds of  steam, gears, electricity and countless taps of metal upon metal resonate from inside.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2012, 07:24:59 pm »

Leviathan:

For my next act I create an aquatic race known to the land dwellers only as Behemoths. Hundred foot long monsters covered in 20 foot long tentacles, several foot thick chitinous armor on their bodies, and dozens of foot-wide eyes across their length...the gaze of which extends throughout the spectrum, allowing them to see through stone and into the hearts of living souls as easily as through air. Their true name cannot be spoken with air-breathing vocal chords as their language is a slow, siren song of such tonal range that most creatures cannot hear a quarter of it. This call perpetually fills the depths of the ocean with its frightening beauty, and some land dwellers have been driven insane from fear after having heard it.

They're also really quite friendly, deeply respect the sanctity of life, and especially like to be petted. They siphon salt from the ocean for sustenance because the idea of eating a living creature would never even occur to them.

Pages: 1 [2]