Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Heroes and Gods  (Read 4425 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Heroes and Gods
« on: June 07, 2012, 09:24:43 pm »

Based off of the suggestions from another thread, I'm making this multiplayer suggestion adventure. At the beginning, you control the actions of a variety of minor gods that you make up. Later on, you'll also be able to dictate the course of humans and other creatures. Think like Godhood, only with pictures.

Rules:
1. Don't make up incredibly absurd stuff when playing as a god. For example, I'll ignore actions that are on par with 'I create the cheesites, sentient blocks of cheese!' Other than that, you get pretty much free reign.
2. Gods can affect the environment and only interact with designated prophets. Exceptions are when a hero has just completed a great accomplishment that merits a god speaking directly to him or when a god sets a hero on a quest.
3. You can control multiple characters, but leave individual characters to their inventors unless the player drops out or something.

I'm trying to draw this with a tablet and Photoshop, a combination I am horrifically cruddy with. The departure from Illustrator has not been kind to my artistic abilities, so suggestions for improvements are welcome. I mean, except at the beginning, because my drawing ability is basically at the point of having any change be an improvement.

A new world. Fresh out of the metaphorical world-oven like a world-cake. Ripe for change. You've come into being at the whims of some distant being, and now you see your domain for the first time.

Time to get busy messing with it!

Format for characters:
 - Name
 - Domains
 - Description

Choose actions to take, create races, terraform the land, etc.!

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
Re: Heroes and Gods
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 09:31:07 pm »

Name: Jilganheim
Domain: Chaos
Description:

A pale man who's face is never seen, with an ever changing mask and shapeshifting clothing.  His hair is medium in length and changes color at will.

Jilganheim sees the humor in everything, whether appropriate or not.  He tends to laugh at his own jokes for far longer then he should, and has been known to laugh for years if something truly tickles his funny bone just right.  He does not enjoy to kill just for the sake of killing, he'd prefer it if their was a sense of irony in someone's death.  He enjoys doing what he wants regardless of what is allowed, and enjoys mortals who follow the same view points.  But as stated earlier he does not enjoy death, and rarely rewards those that kill, because to take someone else's life infringes on their freedom as well.  Jilganheim's followers tend to be thieves, revolutionists, anarchists, and sometimes the occasional philosopher, as well as anyone who enjoys a good laugh at the expense of others or themselves.

copy paste of my character from godhood 5?  Copy paste of my character from godhood 5.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 09:32:13 pm »

Interested.

Here's one.

- Name: Shin
- Domains: Death/War/Destruction
- Description: He is the God of war, death, and destruction, and he can invoke fear with his taste for both vengeance and justice. He does not condone needless death of everything and anything in some scheme to wipe out the world, but instead represents the finality of death - that it must happen, eventually, for all things in this world. Among these commoner worshipers there are many temples, and he is typically referred to as "Death" or by his name. Soldiers, bodyguards, assassins, mercenaries, and almost all fighters of any caliber worship this god as the God of War, commonly referring to him as "Warpath", despite the fact that he represents discipline, loyalty, and bravery in battle, as opposed to senseless slaughter. Very, very few worship this god as simply the God of Destruction, and he does not recognize these cultists as part of his faith. Around 30 percent of his worshipers worship him in the true, Decaric sense - as all three aspects, representing that death comes in all forms, and that war and inevitable destruction are sometimes best for the world in the long run. Among these is a group refered to as "The Untold Legions", warriors who follow Shin's decrees - or, at least those of his prophet-generals - when he believes that war is in the best interest of a kingdom.

Or, at least, that was last universe. This universe, he's still on war and death and destruction, but starting at the beginning.

A blue-haired humanoid with grey eyes, often in armor, wearing  a golden torc. Many claim to see him fighting in battles, but soldiers say a lot.

Action: create death.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 04:40:57 am by Ross Vernal »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 09:40:23 pm »

Remember, the world is currently uninhabited. There's plant life and animals there, but no sentients. If you want followers, you'll need to create a race and guide them through the initial stages of civilization.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 09:42:30 pm »

Just consider that as a personality description instead of, you know, jumping ahead a million moves. :)

I shall edit. And done. Whoo, god backstory.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 09:44:03 pm by Ross Vernal »

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 09:48:13 pm »

Can I reserve a spot? I will write the sheet up later, I don't have time now.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 10:05:16 pm »

- Name: Tizi
 - Domains: Ice, Order, Justice
 - Description: Tizi typically appears as a tall, thin, pale individual of ambiguous gender, in loose, simple grey clothing. It wears a silver circlet, and has white hair and eyes. It resents the chaos of the natural world and attempts to impose civilization upon it where- and whenever possible, in an attempt to make things fit its vision of an ordered universe. It is fond of the cold (for cold things move less, and are therefore more orderly), and adores justice, as crimes are against the rules, and therefore disorderly. Its followers consist chiefly of residents of cooler regions, those who have taken up a career in law, such as judges, legislators, and policemen, and government workers, particularly those of an authoritarian bent.

Action: Cause ice age, create a race of large, long haired, tusked humanoids suited for cold climates.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 08:47:20 am by AntiAntiMatter »
[/post]

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 10:06:38 pm »

- Name
 - Domains
 - Description

Name: Leviathan
Domains: Water: oceans, rivers, humidity, moisture, etc.
Description: Non-corporeal, omnipresent consciousness. However, fond of taking the form of a giant, mile-across oceanic tentacle demon.

Choose actions to take

I make a vast saltwater ocean, full of treacherous reefs, bottomless pits and regions of unexplained magnetic disturbances should any future race develop compasses. And a nice light rain for the surface plants on land. They get thirsty, you know.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 11:06:49 pm »

Name: Nikalas
Domains: Fear,bravery,monsters
Description: If you don't know what Nikalas looks like by this point thats pretty sad but I'll go over him once more.
Nikalas is a tall humaniod with no face. In the place of his face are glowing slits that look like eyes and a moth. These slits only appear when he wears his red fedor since they appear in its shadows. He wears red trenchcoat as his other coverings.

Action: In the birth theros Nikalas takes latent energy and creates his own plane. It looks like whatever its home plane looks like at them time. It is populated byexcat reprensations of living beings on said home plane expect 2d and with their greatest fear. Any being that enters this plane will find themselves to terrfied to turn around to face the Fear. All colors and sensations on this plane are muted and dull.In the center of each hemishpere there is a grand staircase leading down to the grand city of Hope where Nikalas holds court. The city is populated by all manner of monsters and terrfying beasts. If one is able to turn around and face their Fear the grand city of Hope becomes a bright and welcoming place and they are allowed entrance in to Nikalas's palace and will take a place at his side as the Fearless. If their beavery is rended by their Fear the grand city of Hope become a dark and claustrophobic place and they must skulk in the slums. The plane can accesed by Shadow gates, which Nikalas has not placed yet. This plane is called Terror.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 11:36:52 pm »

Name: Taol
Domains: Gluttony, Labor, Excessiveness
Description: Taol takes the form of an immobile snow-capped mountain.  Delighting in excesses of virtually any form, he is particularly impressed by shows of great hedonism or self sacrifice.

Action: Create the first dozen members of a race of genderless midgets from your own rock.  They shall have two castes; the majority belonging to the worker caste, while around 25% will make up the ruling class of hedonists.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 01:57:08 am »

- Name: Baltharion
 - Domains: Moon(s), tides, night.
 - Description: Baltharion takes the form of the very moon itself ( the picture lacks one), blue and craggy. He is stoic and icy who seldom speaks, and when he does, only very shortly. He only appears to the world at night, when he reaches prominence and shows his form. Baltharion will aid those who requests aid, but only if he does not believe it would harm to many. He tries to stay neutral in affairs of the gods, but will not hesitate to tamper on the world itself if needed.

Action: Appear as the moon. Create the tides.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 02:12:54 am »

Create the tides

Leviathan: ...such gentle rocking...makes...sleepy...

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 02:32:58 am »

I'm trying to draw this with a tablet and Photoshop, a combination I am horrifically cruddy with. The departure from Illustrator has not been kind to my artistic abilities, so suggestions for improvements are welcome. I mean, except at the beginning, because my drawing ability is basically at the point of having any change be an improvement.
Jeez, you're almost as critical of your own abilities as I am of mine. You'll do fine.

CHARACTER:
 - Name: Shmitty
 - Domains: Poverty, Mundanity, Farming
 - Description: Shmitty usually appears as a hobo or a farmer, but always with a mouth full of gleaming gold teeth. He promotes giving to the poor, leading a quiet and productive lifestyle, and attempts to farm more land. He will only rarely give quests to heroes, instead opting to visit the especially generous and bless them with years of good crops or a peaceful death. Shmitty is generally regarded as a neutral god prone to agonizing over destroyed farmland. His followers consist mostly of the poor, the generous, or those well-ingrained into the farming community.

Action: Create a rabbit-like race capable of working the land.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 02:36:27 am by TherosPherae »
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 06:41:36 am »

Name: Sinterous
Domains: Technology, Machines, Insanity
Description: Sinterous' true form can be seen as the machines it creates, but usually appears as a cloaked, nightmarish automaton when dealing with mortals. Sinterous values creativity and "thinking outside the box" to the point it would be seen as complete insanity. It's followers consist almost solely of eccentric inventors and visionaries.

Create the basis for a gigantic machine at the center of the world too confusing and complex for a mortal to witness and stay sane.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 11:55:48 am by Sinpwn »

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 11:53:35 am »

Name: Obenu
Domains: Magic, Balance, Nature
Description: he takes the form of a gryphon, portraying both magic through its magical nature, balance through the balance of lion and eagle, and nature, for it being a creature. Obenu values neutrality, and will reward the few who walk the line between good and evil. His followers are usually mages, druids, and farmers.

Create two apple trees.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis
Pages: [1] 2