Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New Stone/Block Interaction Question  (Read 2265 times)

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New Stone/Block Interaction Question
« on: June 07, 2012, 02:37:12 pm »

With the new hauling changes when you craft stone blocks out of a boulder you get multiple blocks.

Can anyone confirm, is this the case with clay?
DF without DT isn't DF, it's a keyboard-based exercise in masochism.

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Stone/Block Interaction Question
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 02:41:25 pm »

Here's the Clay Brick interaction. But I don't have any experience with the raws.

[REACTION:MAKE_CLAY_BRICKS]
   [NAME:make clay bricks]
   [BUILDING:KILN:CUSTOM_B]
   [REAGENT:clay:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FIRED_MAT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:BLOCKS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:clay:FIRED_MAT]
   [FUEL]
   [SKILL:POTTERY]

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 03:33:07 pm »

I don't know about clay blocks, but glass blocks reaction only creates 1 block.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 03:59:49 pm »

One boulder in, one block out.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 04:00:58 pm »

Not that it matters much since clay is for all intents and purposes infinite, but it would be nice to get more bricks from one lump.
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 04:06:58 pm »

I think you can make the change you want for yourself by changing this line:

to read:

[PRODUCT:100:3:BLOCKS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:clay:FIRED_MAT]

That would give you 3 bricks per lump of clay.
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?
This quote right here is the essence of DF.

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 04:47:43 pm »

I think you can make the change you want for yourself by changing this line:

to read:

[PRODUCT:100:3:BLOCKS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:clay:FIRED_MAT]

That would give you 3 bricks per lump of clay.

Can you break this line apart for me? The Wiki doesn't cover this yet.

I assume it's PRODUCT: (Chance of success?) : (# items received) : ? : (Needs an item to work) : (Item needed) : ?

Also, thanks!

My frustration is that while clay is effectively limitless it's still a pain to haul it from the collection site, to the stockpile, to the kilns

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 05:19:14 pm »

That's it, give or take. To be honest I don't know a ton about editing raws, but I found this from the appropriate wiki page.

[PRODUCT:<probability>:<quantity>:<item token>:<material token>]

Here's what each part means:

PRODUCT: identify the type of action as a PRODUCT (as opposed to some other interaction like a decoration on the item)
<probability>: exactly what it says on the tin
<quantity>: exactly what it says on the tin
<item token>: set the item type to be BLOCK
<material token>:get the physical properties of the bricks from the material data for clay as a fired material (as opposed to raw clay lumps)

Edit: It's important to understand that
Code: [Select]
GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:clay:FIRED_MAT is the entire material token.
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?
This quote right here is the essence of DF.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 06:18:17 pm »

My frustration is that while clay is effectively limitless it's still a pain to haul it from the collection site, to the stockpile, to the kilns
I solved this in Mazemerchants by putting the four kilns on either side of the clay stockpile, which was immediately adjacent to the five-tile fire-clay collection point.  When the stockpile filled, they kept gathering, and quantum stockpiling the stuff in the collection zone. *shrug*
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 07:30:44 pm »

I solved this in Mazemerchants by putting the four kilns on either side of the clay stockpile, which was immediately adjacent to the five-tile fire-clay collection point.  When the stockpile filled, they kept gathering, and quantum stockpiling the stuff in the collection zone. *shrug*
That doesn't work so well if you use magma kilns.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 07:37:00 pm »

In my current fort, which is all above ground, my only collection point is half the map away, on the side of a hill.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 08:12:04 pm »

For the record, logs only produce a wooden block apiece as well.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 08:15:12 pm »

Crafting stone blocks at the Mason's workshop is a hardcoded reaction, which was changed in the last release. Clay boulders are not used for this kind of reaction.

Using carts would be a great way to speed things up. In fact, the advantage with using carts to transport clay boulders is the clay collection is stationary, so you can have a permanent system in place.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 10:09:17 pm »

Minecart quantum stockpiles. Hauling boulders: It's what minecarts are for.
The space under the shaft makes a great vampire disposal unit.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 01:43:40 am »

I've yet to figure out how to move a cart over z-levels, otherwise, great idea!!!
Pages: [1] 2