Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is the worst bug in DF?

Bug #535: Equipping weapons/armor on military is erratic [34.11 save for subbug 1445]
Bug #1582: Injured dwarf in bed in stocked hospital ignored by idle doctors and #94: Injured dwarves not recovered
Bug #5312: Undead reanimate too quickly (and forever)
Bug #2712: weapons, especially whips, cut through steel armor like butter
Bug #1451: Military equipment interferes with civilian equipment - results in miners/woodcutters/hunters unable to work and/or wear their military uniforms [34.11 save]
Bug #2922: Population Cap not working
Bug #412: Nobles job priority is weird (trading, diagnose, talking with liaison and attend meeting jobs have extremely low priority) [34.11 save]
Bug #5097:  Names overwriting text with TrueType
Bug #296: Pools/smears/spatters of blood, dust and other materials multiply themselves, get tracked around too much
Bug #2780: Turtles went extinct on my map (applies to all aquatic vermin)
Bug #5611: Cities overwhelmingly build textile industry shops, almost never wood, stone, or metal-related shops - results in nearly no weapons/armor for sale.
Bug #425: Dwarves Not Cleaning Blood
Bug #4299: Some events can't be zoomed to (from announcements menu) even though they have a definite location
Bug #3190: Long Patrol Negative Thoughts seem to escalate, even with long break. [binary patch in bugreport]
Bug #5263: Abandoned shops not reclaimed - Older towns are almost entirely abandoned in spite of Legends listing population in thousands  [34.05 save]
Bug #4552: Siegers waiting by bodies of dead leaders
Bug #136 When embarking on large area, DF hits 2GB memory limit and crashes
Bug #3981: Dwarf with "Installing Colony in Hive" Job stuck in middle of nowhere.
Bug #1346: Adamantine thread used for suturing.
Bug #33: Bronze colossus, skeletal creatures, fleshballs, and others are impossible to kill
Bug #3898: Entire Bone Stacks are used in Reactions instead of a single Bone
Bug #2327: Blunt weapons extremely ineffective, extended single combat with groundhog
bug #4230 - bucket with water inside becomes unusable
Bug #4590: Unarmored creatures give in to pain too easily - Elephant killed by three hoary marmots when elephant gives in to pain from nibbling
Bug #5106: Slain bandits/companions respawn/duplicate in their original location
Bugs #287 & #3147: Medical Dwarfs prefer using non-hospital stockpiles than hospital stocks
[NEW!] Bug #4380 Stockpile options don't work for cloth
Bug #4430: Large gems not moved to stockpile
Bug #3685: Goblin squads invading a fortress will kill their non-goblin squadmates, sparking loyalty cascade
Bug #3015: Invader/sieger mounts flee combat, preventing their riders from fighting (worse with [FLIER] tag)
Bug #4550: Dodging into river/lava/from cliff etc
[NEW!] Bug #5994: Destroying a wall empties the wood stockpile.
[NEW!] Bug #5991: Dwarf tries to build wall standing on the construction site
[NEW!] Bugs #3221 and #600 - hauling ignores burrows
[NEW!] Bug #4530: Marksdwarves won't use training bolts unless combat bolts all used up [34.10 save]
[NEW!] Bug #5895: Bins, bags used for hauling in situations when it is not necessary
[NEW!] Bug #5986: Designating large areas for smoothing slows game to a crawl [34.10 save]

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: The worst bug - 34.11 poll  (Read 46168 times)

Bulwersator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The worst bug - 34.11 poll
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2012, 12:36:21 pm »

Is it reported on bugtracker?
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2012, 05:34:16 am »

Dodging off cliffs: not a bug. Feature.

Bulwersator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2012, 07:21:47 am »

It is a bug according to Toady and bugtracker admins.
the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2012, 09:36:50 am »

To be fair, it couldve possibly been a feature unlike most of the other bugs listed.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Bulwersator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2012, 10:35:17 am »

To be fair, it couldve possibly been a feature unlike most of the other bugs listed.
"Bug #5312: Undead reanimate too quickly (and forever)" requires introduction of pulping, "Bug #412: Nobles job priority is weird (trading, diagnose, talking with liaison and attend meeting jobs have extremely low priority) [34.11 save]" requires job priorities...

Wellincolin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2012, 11:13:41 am »

"Bug #5312: Undead reanimate too quickly (and forever)" requires introduction of pulping, "Bug #412: Nobles job priority is weird (trading, diagnose, talking with liaison and attend meeting jobs have extremely low priority) [34.11 save]" requires job priorities...

I don't think their priority is really weird. That is one of the benefits you get when you're important, our politicians do exactly the same.
"The WereAss collides with The Ostrich Cock!
The Ostrich Cock is knocked over and tumbles backward!

The Ostrich Cock is no longer stunned.
The Ostrich Cock stands up."

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2012, 09:31:13 am »

A workaround for Bug #5312 is you can actually change reaimate to monthly to make things far more managable, i forget where you need to make the change.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

arkhometha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2012, 01:38:19 am »

@MarcAFK

Please do tell us if you find a workaround.

Also, do you guys know if the old kobold dying on world generation got fixed? I was gone for a time so I don't know if it was fixed.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2012, 09:05:39 pm »

I haven't played .34.11 too much unmodded, but I got kobolds in my first fort and Toady claims it's fixed so I'm going with yes on that one.

As to the monthly reanimation, I'm pretty sure it's in the interactions folder in the raws.  If I had to guess, it's the one under raw/interaction_examples/interaction_region.txt

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:EXAMPLE DEAD ANIMATION IN EVIL REGIONS WITH MATERIAL CLOUDS AND RAIN]
[I_SOURCE:REGION]
[IS_REGION:EVIL_ONLY]
[IS_REGION:SAVAGE_ALLOWED]
[IS_REGION:ANY_TERRAIN]
[IS_FREQUENCY:100]
[I_TARGET:A:CORPSE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_REGION]
[IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[IT_REQUIRES:FIT_FOR_ANIMATION]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING]
[I_EFFECT:ANIMATE]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_INTERMITTENT:WEEKLY]

I guess you just replace that WEEKLY with a MONTHLY?  Haven't tried it.

I'm also not sure if that's the right folder... it says examples, but I don't recall seeing the interactions elsewhere.  It might be in the main raws folder somewhere, I haven't really poked around in it much.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2012, 12:16:32 am »

I think that's the one, i changed it in my save folder to monthly and there was definately a difference with the rate of regeneration, i actually had time to haul the corpses away, but it was maybe a bit too slow then, fortnightly would be better but i tried and it didn't work.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2012, 11:59:34 am »

I haven't played .34.11 too much unmodded, but I got kobolds in my first fort and Toady claims it's fixed so I'm going with yes on that one.

As to the monthly reanimation, I'm pretty sure it's in the interactions folder in the raws.  If I had to guess, it's the one under raw/interaction_examples/interaction_region.txt
That file has NOTHING to do with the interactions used in-game - it's even in a directory explicitly named "interaction_examples".
If you want to fix the interactions in an existing fortress, you will have to edit world.sav (or modify it in-memory using DFHack).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2012, 09:02:26 pm »

Once again my memory has been proven wrong it seems, but it was months ago and i must have done it before worldgen? I dunno, i might test later and see what's up.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2012, 02:08:34 pm »

I dont envy Toady. Poor guy has ten thousand bugs to fix and the community is arguing which specific bug is a big problem for them.

Phlum

• Bay Watcher
  • Above Is my true form, no mortal shall see it!
    • View Profile
    • Idontwanttowork
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2012, 05:37:49 pm »

Bug #5312: is not a bad thing. :-\
So I have spoken, may this thread live long!!

I don't share my age online, no one takes horny 14 year olds seriously.

"dwarf fortress is autism in a game"  -a guy named rick

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2014, 01:07:15 am »

How about being unable to butcher animals killed by invaders?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6