Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is the worst bug in DF?

Bug #535: Equipping weapons/armor on military is erratic [34.11 save for subbug 1445]
Bug #1582: Injured dwarf in bed in stocked hospital ignored by idle doctors and #94: Injured dwarves not recovered
Bug #5312: Undead reanimate too quickly (and forever)
Bug #2712: weapons, especially whips, cut through steel armor like butter
Bug #1451: Military equipment interferes with civilian equipment - results in miners/woodcutters/hunters unable to work and/or wear their military uniforms [34.11 save]
Bug #2922: Population Cap not working
Bug #412: Nobles job priority is weird (trading, diagnose, talking with liaison and attend meeting jobs have extremely low priority) [34.11 save]
Bug #5097:  Names overwriting text with TrueType
Bug #296: Pools/smears/spatters of blood, dust and other materials multiply themselves, get tracked around too much
Bug #2780: Turtles went extinct on my map (applies to all aquatic vermin)
Bug #5611: Cities overwhelmingly build textile industry shops, almost never wood, stone, or metal-related shops - results in nearly no weapons/armor for sale.
Bug #425: Dwarves Not Cleaning Blood
Bug #4299: Some events can't be zoomed to (from announcements menu) even though they have a definite location
Bug #3190: Long Patrol Negative Thoughts seem to escalate, even with long break. [binary patch in bugreport]
Bug #5263: Abandoned shops not reclaimed - Older towns are almost entirely abandoned in spite of Legends listing population in thousands  [34.05 save]
Bug #4552: Siegers waiting by bodies of dead leaders
Bug #136 When embarking on large area, DF hits 2GB memory limit and crashes
Bug #3981: Dwarf with "Installing Colony in Hive" Job stuck in middle of nowhere.
Bug #1346: Adamantine thread used for suturing.
Bug #33: Bronze colossus, skeletal creatures, fleshballs, and others are impossible to kill
Bug #3898: Entire Bone Stacks are used in Reactions instead of a single Bone
Bug #2327: Blunt weapons extremely ineffective, extended single combat with groundhog
bug #4230 - bucket with water inside becomes unusable
Bug #4590: Unarmored creatures give in to pain too easily - Elephant killed by three hoary marmots when elephant gives in to pain from nibbling
Bug #5106: Slain bandits/companions respawn/duplicate in their original location
Bugs #287 & #3147: Medical Dwarfs prefer using non-hospital stockpiles than hospital stocks
[NEW!] Bug #4380 Stockpile options don't work for cloth
Bug #4430: Large gems not moved to stockpile
Bug #3685: Goblin squads invading a fortress will kill their non-goblin squadmates, sparking loyalty cascade
Bug #3015: Invader/sieger mounts flee combat, preventing their riders from fighting (worse with [FLIER] tag)
Bug #4550: Dodging into river/lava/from cliff etc
[NEW!] Bug #5994: Destroying a wall empties the wood stockpile.
[NEW!] Bug #5991: Dwarf tries to build wall standing on the construction site
[NEW!] Bugs #3221 and #600 - hauling ignores burrows
[NEW!] Bug #4530: Marksdwarves won't use training bolts unless combat bolts all used up [34.10 save]
[NEW!] Bug #5895: Bins, bags used for hauling in situations when it is not necessary
[NEW!] Bug #5986: Designating large areas for smoothing slows game to a crawl [34.10 save]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The worst bug - 34.11 poll  (Read 46156 times)

Berlioz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The worst bug - 34.11 poll
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2012, 03:24:44 pm »

The military stuff is bad, but the bin hauling gets my vote, because it affects everything!
All my working class gets interrupted all the time, because some stupid dwarf carries all the necessary stuff around in a bin. Jewellers cannot find their gems, farmers have no seeds, trade stuff is nowhere to be found when a caravan arrives, etc. Extremely annoying!

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2012, 06:54:36 pm »

I'm not sure if this is even on the bug tracker, but my own vote for the worst bug would be that having large quantities of Uniits on the dead/missing list causes Unrecoverable lag.
As a work around i basically just turn invasions off once the lag gets significant.

This.
The only solution I've come to so far is to grab DFHack, designate a ton of corpses/my refuse pile to dump, and then use autodestroy. Helps so much with lag.
I also use it to remove all the single bolts littered outside, any clothing my dwarves drop in the fortresss and decide to leave there forever, etc.
Autodestroy is your best friend  ;)

Wait, does using this autodestroy function remove the names of the creatures whose corpses you destroy from the units list?  If so, I need to start doing this before the huge pile of corpses in my piles decomposes enough that I can no longer destroy them...

Bulwersator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2012, 02:07:00 am »

Deconstructions causing item teleport seems pretty bad too, maybe could add it to the list.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5994

Done, replaced a bug without votes.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

vonduus

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your captain speaking
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2012, 10:05:43 am »

The military stuff is bad, but the bin hauling gets my vote, because it affects everything!
All my working class gets interrupted all the time, because some stupid dwarf carries all the necessary stuff around in a bin. Jewellers cannot find their gems, farmers have no seeds, trade stuff is nowhere to be found when a caravan arrives, etc. Extremely annoying!

This.

I voted already, pointing at the hospital bug, after another legendary warrior died on the doorstep of my hospital, because he had a slight wound in the left foot, and nobody cared to help him. His buddy, recruit Urist McGreen, who was severely wounded and unconscious, was immediately carried to the hospital, and is still alive. If you can talk, you can walk, seems to be the dwarven logic.

But this bin-cirkus is really a pain. Not only in the day-to-day collection of stuff, as mentioned by others.

My dwarves dealt succesfully with a double ambush, and as soon as I lifted the civilian alert, literally everybody grabbed a bin and went outside to collect socks.  Then a human caravan announced its arrival, and two seconds later: An evil Force of Darkness. I put my fortress back on alert and everyone took refuge inside, except my soldiers, who went outside to protect the caravan. I managed to get the caravan and soldiers inside my fort and seal it, just to find out, that I had no finished goods to trade with. All my bins (except perhaps four or five) and their content is littered all over the place - OUTSIDE.

I find it hard to decide which of these two bugs are the most annoying. I think that perhaps each user should be allowed two or three votes?
DF: where imagination beats animation

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2012, 11:29:33 am »

After playing around with the Item teleport bug and finding it inconsistant i've decided the bin hauling bug to be far more annoying and therefore voted for it.
I couldn't find any particular cause of the teleporting, it seemed to frequently teleport everything i had inside a dump and forbidden, but sometiems not, often it telepoprted stuff that had previously teleported but which wasn't forbidden anymore, also apart from dumped objects i noticed it only teleporting wood from my stockpiles, nothing else.
So uh, i dunno, very random.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2012, 01:25:21 pm »

I voted for 1451 (again), but if I had the option to pick two bugs, I'd add 5895 (bin hauling).
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2012, 03:01:57 pm »

I voted for 1451 (again), but if I had the option to pick two bugs, I'd add 5895 (bin hauling).

Yeah, now that I see 5895 (bin hauling) as an option, it probably is my biggest priority.  I'm still in 34.07, and that bug (along with the mysterious deconstruction teleportation I'm just learning about) is my biggest obstacle to upgrading to 34.11. 

It seems irritating enough that I may hold off on upgrading if a bugfix update looks possible in the next few weeks/month.

Bulwersator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2012, 03:05:20 am »

It seems irritating enough that I may hold off on upgrading if a bugfix update looks possible in the next few weeks/month.
In this timeframe the best that I expect is releasing version with new features and bugs.
the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2012, 09:54:02 am »

In this timeframe the best that I expect is releasing version with new features and bugs.

Darn... I'm not looking forward to having to choose between minecarts and stockpile linking on the one hand (34.11), or sensible hauling on the other hand (34.07)...

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2012, 07:53:01 pm »

The bin/barrel hauling is pretty annoying up until about the three or four year mark, at which point you have enough stuff in enough bins that it's not a horrible problem to have dwarves with bins of stuff running around, since there's other bins of stuff for your workers to work on/from. Then it's just a slight annoyance, usually coming up when jewelry is involved. I wish they'd use spare bins and bags to collect things, though, and then dump stuff from the spare bins to the bins that are sitting in the stockpiles.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2012, 07:06:41 pm »

Another vote for #5895 here.  Totally disrupts fort operation. 
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2012, 08:12:02 am »

Vote  #5097:  "Names overwriting text with TrueType" when I thought it's easier to overcome bugs with forum reading than guessing at text, but I should have gone for:
[NEW!] Bug #5991: Dwarf tries to build wall standing on the construction site.
This one is a killer.
Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

zackman0010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2012, 12:22:20 am »

How about adding bug #4380? Cloth stockpiles ignoring different types. For example,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bulwersator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2012, 01:45:31 pm »

How about adding bug #4380? Cloth stockpiles ignoring different types. For example,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Done as "[NEW!] Bug #4380 Stockpile options don't work for cloth"

Lurking Grue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2012, 02:14:14 pm »

personal peeve.

[DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:FORTRESS]

this causes the game to crash now.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6