Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32

Author Topic: Cybrid 5:The Tunnels Of Mars-Game End: Rebel Vittry (Plus Survivor plus scum)  (Read 58607 times)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid 5: The Tunnels of Mars - Day 1: It's all downhill from here.
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2012, 08:40:43 pm »

Tiruin:
Bookthras
> How did you see everyone else as the Emperor?
For a man who has moved mountains, it is no great feat to crush a worm.

What do you think about the current playerset before you now?
I think it's a fun mix with a little bit of everything. New, old, good, bad, goatfuckers and non-goatfuckers... has the potential for a great game.

Hapah:
I'd say my biggest takeaway from my last game is "Don't try to play the numbers game".
Cybrids have around even chances of hitting Imps and Rebs, Rebs are much more likely to hit Imps instead of Cybrids, since there are more of the former than the latter.
I'd want my faction to have majority [...] if the other faction has more players then the Cybrids should (theoretically) have better odds to hit them, right?
Good job. Question for you: if you were a rebel and could choose, would you prefer to be an informant or an organizer, and why?

Borno: please give your own answer to the question you asked ToonyMan, and explain any differences with his.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2012, 09:17:03 pm »

Hapah:
I'd say my biggest takeaway from my last game is "Don't try to play the numbers game".
Cybrids have around even chances of hitting Imps and Rebs, Rebs are much more likely to hit Imps instead of Cybrids, since there are more of the former than the latter.
I'd want my faction to have majority [...] if the other faction has more players then the Cybrids should (theoretically) have better odds to hit them, right?
Good job. Question for you: if you were a rebel and could choose, would you prefer to be an informant or an organizer, and why?
God damnit. You're right, of course; I just can't help myself! Numbers are a part of the game, but if my gut and the numbers don't agree I should go with my gut.

And Informant, I guess: Seems more proactive. Organizer you have to hope you get lucky with Rebels targeting you, Informant you can go out and gather intel. And knowledge is the most valuable commodity there is!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2012, 11:10:58 pm »

I'm tired and about to crash, but here's a post.

Book:
Toaster: What do you think about the changes to the rules? Specifically I noticed that inviting someone to a chat now seems possible as a free action, rather that at night end, that there's a specific role to guard against conversions, and that the infiltrator can have multiple brains. How do you think these will affect the game? Did you notice any other changes? If you were a Rebel Martyr, how would you choose when to use your bomb?

I think the biggest change will be the possibility of neutral survivors- it gives the cybrids a potential fakeclaim if investigated, and only a converter-role can out them... which outs the converter to the cybrids.  The chat will just make it slightly more useful- I don't think it has generally seen much use.  The infiltrator has always had the possibility of multiple brains.

As a rebel martyr, I'd fire it off either as a potential LYLO breaker or when I thought someone's death was worth my own life.

Tiruin:
Toaster
> Let's say you are an SK, the Metagen//Defective one, who do you fear the most among us all? How would your playstyle differ when it came to picking targets?

Convincing other cybrids that I'm not a threat, assuming I was a defective convert.  Other than that, my day game would be the same- I'd just pick out those I deemed the greatest threat.

Borno:  Are you happy with your alignment?  Which role in that alignment would you most like to be?

Dariush:  Let's assume you're not cybrid, and it's day 3 and you got an "unknown" result from your inspect target the previous night.  Would your alignment matter in deciding to claim it or not?

Toony:  Then why are you acting like one?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2012, 11:33:39 pm »

Are you kidding?  I see no evidence of this.  I haven't over-satiated the game with questions and I have't set sights on every single player.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2012, 11:35:02 pm »

over-saturated*

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2012, 12:24:28 am »

Ugh. Had my post all ready, but then I accidentally deleted it.
Bookthras:
Borno: please give your own answer to the question you asked ToonyMan, and explain any differences with his.
I would probably go for the enforcer too, because it would be best to get rid of any threats early in the game.
Hapah:
Hapah:
What group would you like to be on most? Rebels, Imperials, Cybrids, or other?
borno: Either Imperial or Rebel, since they're both functionally similar. I don't enjoy scum as much as town, typically.
So, you prefer to be town. What type of town, though? Anyway, Unvote.
Toaster:
Borno: Are you happy with your alignment?  Which role in that alignment would you most like to be?
Is it just me, or are you fishing? If you were a rebel, and I said I was an imperial, you would try to lynch me, would you not? So, let's turn this question around. How would you react if I ask you this question?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2012, 01:06:12 am »

Bookthras: Sounds reasonable to me. Unvote. I don't know if I'd be so quick to protect the Enforcer myself, I might go for someone I feel strongly town on, but I believe both are reasonable responses.

Hapah: You don't know Dariush very well, do you.

Hm, the third, Think0028? Why the ordinal numbering? Why the mention of the convert? Why the faction specification?
Assuming I'm a...Survivor Metagen then, as you didn't say what skills I have.

Hypothetically, I don't see if it would matter on what side the Enforcer was on. My first priority would be to lie low and generally try to discern who would be that cop, judging by his statements. Then I report what I know to the rest, if us cybrids have a quicktopic chat.

Tiruin: 0) These are hypotheticals. I provide extra details that may or may not be true or even relevant because I'm curious how people respond to the details as much to the questions.
1) The reason I mentioned an Enforcer instead of a cop was to in fact elicit a change in response: the existence of a cop is always in question til he dies, but it's pretty obvious when an Enforcer is around. The faction of the Enforcer matters in case you suspect he'd go after Imps or Rebels first if he was one faction or the other.
2) If you noticed, my questions were very parallel, and the other two mentioned two dead Cybrids. That was the frame of mind I was in when I wrote your question, and that's why I mentioned you were the third. Also alleviates the burden of being the starting Cybrid from your shoulders. One factor you didn't appreciate, however, is whether or not your conversion would have been noticed by the other players.
3) No, flavor is a trap. Every time I think I've figured out flavor, it bites me in the ass.
4) I'd say a plethora of Officers would really screw over the Rebels. In all seriousness, a good Zealot can really screw the Rebels over.
5) Speaking of reacting to details... Out of the 3 people who've responded to my question so far, you're the only one who seems to take offense at the question. Is there something wrong with me setting up a specific situation? Why the negative reaction?

Toonyman: How many cybrid deaths do you want to see before you feel confident that Cybrids are no longer a threat?

If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2012, 01:08:49 am »

Borno: You missed my question.

Think: Why are asking a question from a VK test?

The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2012, 01:10:43 am »

borno: Not any particular type, really. It's just...I don't know if anyone else will get what I'm talking about, but:

That moment as town when everything "clicks", and you see through all the misdirections and half-truths and deceit. That moment of realization is probably the most enjoyable experience (for me, anyway) that you can get in a Mafia. Bonus points if you can articulate it well enough to get people to act on it and it turns out to be correct. Scum is just so much damn work: the game feels so much simpler as a town, all you have to do is play as best you can. You don't have to consider how every action and phrase will reflect on your scumbuddies, you don't have to feign ignorance when you know damn well what the facts are. Playing a third party/"other" lies somewhere in the middle (I realize I sorta omitted that from my initial response).

PPE:

Think: I'll readily admit that I don't, I've only got the impression that I've picked up from my readings. It just seems like his life expectancy is not so good, from what I've gathered so far.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2012, 02:50:04 am »

Toonyman: How many cybrid deaths do you want to see before you feel confident that Cybrids are no longer a threat?
I don't think that could ever be safely confirmed.  However I think at three dead cybrids we should be late enough in the game that simple fact-checking and scum hunting should lead to victory.

Did you ignore my question because you thought it was worthless or missed it by accident?  It's my first post.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2012, 03:20:42 am »

Dariush: are you going to grace us with your presence? What do you think of ToonyMan's reaction to Tiruin's questions? Which aspect of the new rules do you think will have most impact on the game? If you were a survivor, under which circumstances would you claim so, and how would you convince the other players to believe you?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2012, 03:55:53 am »

Dariush: are you going to grace us with your presence?
Nah, fuck you all. Oh wait, I'm already here. Er, nevermind.
What do you think of ToonyMan's reaction to Tiruin's questions?
Scummy as all fuck.
Which aspect of the new rules do you think will have most impact on the game?
...There were rule changes? Huh.
If you were a survivor, under which circumstances would you claim so, and how would you convince the other players to believe you?
Never. Unless someone gets an inspection result on me, when it won't matter anyway.

Daruish: Have you ever considered trying to change your sometimes.....abrasive style? I've got no issue with it, but between it and your experience it seems like your life expectancy isn't so great most games.
Nah, this way I can rub it in everyone's faces that I was right and they were wrong at the end of the game. Also, fuckheads like Jack and Darvi are going to continue lynching people (i.e. me) for saying 'won't' instead of 'wouldn't' a single time regardless of the people's (i.e. mine) level of abrasiveness. So no.

Dariush: You're in a desert, walking along in the sand, when all of a sudden you look down and see a tortoise. It's crawling toward you. You reach down and you flip the tortoise over on its back, Dariush. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping. Why is that, Dariush?
Which desert?

> Are you going to flail and rage, or rage with style?

Nevertheless, if you were a Martyr, when would you use your ability?
Depends on the general stupidity of players. If it's Nuke+BMC+DrPhibes+Zrk-level of stupidity, flailing will definitely be required. Otherwise with style.

Only if I was invited to the rebel chat and somebody got an inspect on an imperial we suppose must be high-ranking. Otherwise I wouldn't waste my hide.

Dariush:  Let's assume you're not cybrid, and it's day 3 and you got an "unknown" result from your inspect target the previous night.  Would your alignment matter in deciding to claim it or not?
My alignment wouldn't matter. However, what would matter is my rough estimate of imperial and rebel team size.

Toony, why the epic overreaction to Toaster's question and Tiruin's elaboration? I think that's the first time ever I saw you use an exclamation mark. Also, why do you think Tiruin is going to use his ton of random questions to defend himself? From here, it definitely looks like he accomplished his goal of those questions by making you jump out.

Hapah,
As a Rebel, Imperial.
Why not Cybrid?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2012, 05:38:53 am »

Oh no that makes absolutely no sense.  Tiruin hasn't even read (or at least hasn't replied) to me yet Dariush you twit.  For him presently he doesn't even know what the situation is right now beyond his first few posts.  He has made no attempt to target me since he plans to target everybody!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2012, 06:59:00 am »

Think, curious as am I. Those were just to see your response.

When I wrote that, negativity wasn't in my mind.

Out of the 3 people who've responded to my question so far, you're the only one who seems to take offense at the question. Is there something wrong with me setting up a specific situation? Why the negative reaction?

Reaction test.

Toony
Oh no that makes absolutely no sense.  Tiruin hasn't even read (or at least hasn't replied) to me yet Dariush you twit.  For him presently he doesn't even know what the situation is right now beyond his first few posts.  He has made no attempt to target me since he plans to target everybody!
Very nice try to goad me with that there. What reasonable questions have you asked me?

Well, other than telling me that I asked too many questions, I ask you the same I did to Hapah. Are questions bothering you? And on your note on the "wall of text", it's pretty easy to read and see what I'm trying to say. You seem to be implying something else, though.

Don't imply that I'm not keeping an eye, by that 'hasn't even read'. Or are you trying to subtly set things in stone, judging by your tone there? Or the formatting.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2012, 09:20:35 am »

PFP

Daruish: Fair enough answer, I guess.

As for your question, I'd like to trim back the most numerous enemy first. I'll take what I can get, though; if I was a Rebel and someone derped and outed themselves as a Cybrid, sure I'd lynch 'em.

Who would you prefer to see lynched, in each case?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32