Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Healing a critter?  (Read 624 times)

Hamek McEisenfaust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Healing a critter?
« on: June 06, 2012, 11:14:00 am »

I have a green glass chameleon forgotten beast that shoots webs trapped. My only problem is, every time my hunters go near the damn thing, they love to take potshots at it. is there a way to heal non dwarf critters using Hack or one of its plugins? BTW, its a superb silk farm (^8
"here's 7 inebriated borderline psychotic bastards, go dig out a living space for 200 of them that will be coming soon btw there's also a terrible tentacle monster-panda made out of barf to deal with have fun" -PsychicKid

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Healing a critter?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 06:14:03 am »

Well you can get a creature surronded with obsidian with LIQUIDS of DFHACK and carve fortification in it. Then make a burrow near that creature and make so that hunters don't go near it. Or even better - make it with locked door and position some trapped goblin in front of it - so it will shoot webs at it repeatedly:) Or at least leash a cat - he will shoot at it too i think. And then just farm it:)

Hamek McEisenfaust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 08:42:55 am »

I have already created the silk farm, and built a wall around it. I am unable to build a cover to the obsidian cell though, the dorfs see the critter below them and wont build the last set of floors, I have restricted the area, but when the hunters go out, they path, even with restrictions near enough to pop a couple bolts off into the poor feller. My main question is, does DFHack have the ability to remove damage from a creature, be it dorf, or silk farming forest titan that shoots webs (^8
"here's 7 inebriated borderline psychotic bastards, go dig out a living space for 200 of them that will be coming soon btw there's also a terrible tentacle monster-panda made out of barf to deal with have fun" -PsychicKid

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 09:09:17 am »

I think that dfhack don't, but the thing with the nuclear sing did, however it's outdated I think. Wait a second and I'll come back with the name.

I think is Runesmith! But alas, it works up to 2010, the .25 version I think.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 01:18:54 pm »

What kind of bolts are we talking about here? If it's not steel or candy, it should still live fine. Check the combat reports, if it just says "material bolt hits the body, chipping the skin!" or something similar, you're probably fine letting it get pelted a bit.

Edit: Also, someone made a utility that should heal it if you need to. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=110671.0

Edit2: Although, it doesn't say if it works on creatures.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 01:20:27 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.