Trial by water!
- 2 (33.3%)
Bury it alive, Mebuy style!
- 0 (0%)
The poll was confusing.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 61

Author Topic: Murderfarmed, A Farming Village Succession Fort (Overseers Needed)  (Read 82341 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Murderfarmed, A Farming Village Succession Fort (34.11)
« Reply #150 on: June 11, 2012, 05:17:53 pm »

I say we work a bit on potash. That's entirely farm related AND fun for all ages.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 11, 2012, 05:29:46 pm »

How many sheep do we have?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 11, 2012, 05:40:26 pm »

4. Two rams, a ewe, and a lamb.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Dustylou2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard of Yendor hits! You die... DYWYPI?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 11, 2012, 06:08:22 pm »

Oh god, so my dorf died? Guess I'll have to pull an Andreus on a migrant. Did the save get posted? I looked, but I couldn't find it.

As for what to mod in, I suggest bacon because bacon is the best meat ever. Would we be able to add it as a reaction at a kitchen or something without having to regen the world?

InfinityWEAPON

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as he thinks he is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2012, 06:17:13 pm »

We should be able to drop it in without having to regen. I think, anyway. Maybe.  :-\
We can add a reaction to turn [Creature] meat into [Creature] bacon, yes.

Also, I think we should bring the mods we want to use for our reigns into the conversations here. Both so we know what all is going to happen, and also so we can make sure that they work (I've had some viscious mod backfires before).

Also, just a side note, I would VASTLY prefer that my dwarf be a guy, but if the choice is between a chick with crossbow experience and a guy with none, I'd just take the girl.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 06:25:55 pm by InfinityWEAPON »
The bacon is currently molten, this is a problem.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 11, 2012, 06:33:39 pm »

Oh god, so my dorf died? Guess I'll have to pull an Andreus on a migrant. Did the save get posted? I looked, but I couldn't find it.

As for what to mod in, I suggest bacon because bacon is the best meat ever. Would we be able to add it as a reaction at a kitchen or something without having to regen the world?
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6479

I've been thinking and we should be able add a CAN_BACON or something (I don't know the syntax) tag to meat and replace the smelt adamantine reaction (or anything furnace related since there's no reason to buy ore from traders) with a reaction that turns meat into bacon. As long as we replace a reaction rather than adding a new one we should be able to do new things without regening.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 06:37:43 pm by Broseph Stalin »

InfinityWEAPON

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 11, 2012, 07:09:48 pm »

I think reactions are fair game in the system, though I'm not totally sure.
But adding new creatures and plants would definitely require worldgen (because that's the only way they can spawn).

Also, The Genesis mod has a working bread reaction. If anyone wants to add that in on their turn I could be convinced to steal their work...

(I suppose I should add to that by saying that it's goddamn complicated)

emeralis00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 11, 2012, 07:11:45 pm »

I've been thinking and we should be able add a CAN_BACON or something (I don't know the syntax) tag to meat and replace the smelt adamantine reaction (or anything furnace related since there's no reason to buy ore from traders)

Hehehe, forge the bacon!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2012, 07:13:16 pm »

But adding new creatures and plants would definitely require worldgen (because that's the only way they can spawn).

Also, The Genesis mod has a working bread reaction. If anyone wants to add that in on their turn I could be convinced to steal their work...

(I suppose I should add to that by saying that it's goddamn complicated)

No, you can add in reactions but you won't be able to use them. To do any reaction your civ needs [PERMITTED REACTION:WORDS_WORDS] and you can't modify an existing civilization via Entity_Default. 

edit: Actually all you would have to do is take the bread information from cave wheat and attach it to our altered cave wheat then add replace a smelter reaction with the Bake Bread reaction.

Hehehe, forge the bacon!
As awesome as that would be we only need the reaction [SMELT_ADAMANTINE] to stay the same we can make it take place at the kitchen.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 07:17:18 pm by Broseph Stalin »

InfinityWEAPON

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2012, 07:19:30 pm »

No, you can add in reactions but you won't be able to use them. To do any reaction your civ needs [PERMITTED REACTION:WORDS_WORDS] and you can't modify an existing civilization via Entity_Default. 
Oh. Damn, I forgot about that.
Well, that makes the whole bread thing waaaay more complicated....
(Ugh, ninja'd)

Does cave wheat actually have bread information? I don't remember being able to make bread in DF before.
And besides, it'd already have it there if it is on cave wheat. I pretty much just copy-pasted the entry  ;D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 07:21:43 pm by InfinityWEAPON »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 11, 2012, 07:22:39 pm »

Oh. Damn, I forgot about that.
Well, that makes the whole bread thing waaaay more complicated....
(Ugh, ninja'd)

Does cave wheat actually have bread information? I don't remember being able to make bread in DF before.
And besides, it'd already have it there if it is on cave wheat. I pretty much just copy-pasted the entry  ;D

Not really, the way I see it basically ever single smelter reaction is worthless to us we can just replace one every time we want to mod in a new feature. Bread making would be one of the simpler ones, just paste the genesis data over a furnace reaction and add in material_template:bread.

Edit: The data for bread should just be an addendum in Genesis to MILL under WHEAT_CAVE that classes the flour as a reagent for breadmaking. The actual reaction is pretty simple once that and the material template for bread are thrown in.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 07:25:07 pm by Broseph Stalin »

InfinityWEAPON

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 11, 2012, 08:07:42 pm »

Blarg, yeah. I know where most of the important stuff for the bread is (I tried to get it working once before), I just can't seem to get it to work. Hence, if anyone wants it, I'll try again (unless someone else wants to?)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 11, 2012, 08:11:00 pm »

Blarg, yeah. I know where most of the important stuff for the bread is (I tried to get it working once before), I just can't seem to get it to work. Hence, if anyone wants it, I'll try again (unless someone else wants to?)
I actually got it working. You probably missed the single line in cave_wheat that isn't with the Bread block that allows wheat flour to be used as a bread making material that's what stumped me. Made a magical wheat generating reaction to test it and it works fine.

InfinityWEAPON

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 11, 2012, 08:15:46 pm »

Yay, I don't have to do any work!

You have no idea how little I get to say that with things like this O.o

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 11, 2012, 08:19:49 pm »

Starting work on bacon now. How does the thread want bacon to work? Should it be practical or just for flavor?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 61