Trial by water!
- 2 (33.3%)
Bury it alive, Mebuy style!
- 0 (0%)
The poll was confusing.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 61

Author Topic: Murderfarmed, A Farming Village Succession Fort (Overseers Needed)  (Read 82328 times)

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
Re: Murderfarmed, A Farming Village Succession Fort (34.11)
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2012, 08:38:17 am »

have i been dwarfed yet? if the position has not been taken yet i humbly request to be appointed as the commander of the milita

PS: are open pit mines acceptable btw?
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2012, 08:42:53 am »

have i been dwarfed yet? if the position has not been taken yet i humbly request to be appointed as the commander of the milita

PS: are open pit mines acceptable btw?
The position has been filled by Tahudjt and I don't want to put anyone under him without building a barracks first. The last two undwarfed original seven are a fisherman/woodcutter with poor decision making skills and a miner/farmer with alot of free time on his hands.
-1z is the hard limit for mining all hard stone needs to be imported.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2012, 08:46:23 am »

Alright, Winter can be the Miner/Farmer.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2012, 09:35:36 am »

From the Journal of Broseph Stalin

10 Slate

Finished the roof today, I've cooked up something special to celebrate. Things progress surely but slowly cutting wood takes time and assembling it takes more time but stout labor provides sustenance. I've informed the woodcutter he's going to become our new fishery master so that we can do something with those mussels he's been pulling up. I figure a nice little hut by the river with a stockpile of fish awaiting processing ought to suffice.

13 Slate

Unveiled the surprise today. I personally cut two fine trees, carved them into two fine doors, and decorated them with the bones and horns of the yak. I don't expect either will ever sit in the kings throne room but they were made by steady dwarven hands doing good honest labor and that's what this is all about. The old days are done, we don't work to please gods or kings here just ourselves. I've evaluated the topsoil and been displeased. Stones and detritus are all about and will be difficult to move. I've ordered the miner- Winter he's calling himself- to dig down into the soft untouched earth. The valley shall provide excellent irrigation and allow my fields to be uniform.

Slate Close

Haven't started on my manor yet. I've got a few designs but I want more raw materials. I've ordered more trees to be cut and more clay collected. The wildlife includes Mothmen now, so far it's all been rather menacing but rather timid all the same. They don't bother us and we don't bother them, it's an arrangement I can live with. I had the druid train the dogs to fight just in case, he said he didn't have any experience with that sort of thing but I told him only a piss poor druid couldn't train a dog to fight I don't know what a druid does but he accepted my challenge and we have our stockpile guards. Next month I ought to get around to handing out necessary titles, I've already decided Thorick ought to be the manager of the tavern but we need someone to keep track of what's in the warehouse and to mind the fishing business and the proposed hatchery as well.

1 Felsite

Had some nestboxes made somebody is going to have to own a chicken coop, sooner the better. My newest mandate has ruffled some feathers. I've decided that we can't have rat carcasses littering our town- just not hygenic is it?- so I've ordered all trash objects large or small to be taken to the refuse pile. The Winter's all in a tizzy one of the cats took a shine to him and started following him about and bringing him all of it's kills. He'll be in the middle of something and his cat will drop a rat at his feet then he'll have to hoof it all the way to the dump and back. As funny as it is I agreed with him that it's not efficient so I took him off garbage duty so he can finish my fields.

18 Felsite

Finally finished diggin the field valley. Ordered more wood collected to build my manor and then we'll move on to Thoricks home being that he's the manager of the tavern then the woodcutters given that he's the best candidate to run the fishery the owner of the Hatchery is still up in the air and so is the ownership of the storehouse we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Felsite Close

The storehouse is designated as is my manor. I've discovered that damned seed trader swindled me however, I intend for rope reed to be our chief cash crop but the bag of rope reed seeds contains only a single usable seed! It will take time for our farm to start producing rope reed in earnest but once we do we'll need a textile workshop.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 11:01:47 am by Broseph Stalin »

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2012, 11:42:09 am »

I want a dwarf . The first doctor that comes will do, name Unbroken. Any gender will do, altough i prefer a male.
Also, can we have more info of the site? is there sand? if so mi second choice if no doctor appear will be a glassmaker.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 11:44:40 am by Broken »
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2012, 11:46:51 am »

The site is untamed wilderness and contains clay, plenty of trees, lots of small ponds and a river. No sand to speak of.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2012, 12:15:45 pm »

fair enough if not taken i'll grab sherrif/captain of the guard instead, failing that i'll take the hammerer :-D
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2012, 12:34:08 pm »

a7 Hematite

Designed and finished a solid clay bridge to span the river. The first seeds are in the ground and though the planting is commencing slowly but it is commencing. Booze is a little low I think I'll have to order a few of the farmers to stop their other jobs to get as much from our harvest as possible. Truth be told I can't wait for the first crop or the first batch of fish to be cleaned. I'm fairly certain that the gods created raccoon meat to give diarrhea to dogs that they hate.

16 Hematite

Work goes smoothly. We got two rope reeds from the planting so far. We still need a shop to work textiles. It's been a season since we started working, with any luck some more brothers have come to see our way of thinking and are planning to join us soon.

Hematite Close
The roof of the fishery is finished but the roof of my home isn't. I won't complain. If the men can be fine sleeping in the dormitory then so can I. We need a few more hands to get anything decent built in any amount of time. Still our humble little outpost is shaping up nicely. Saw a few more birds but again they seem to be content to leave us alone.

Thorik

• Bay Watcher
  • Inspector of Conspicuous Cheeto Consumption
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2012, 12:57:56 pm »

I'm apprehensive about this so called "solid clay" bridge.  I'd feel safer steppin' on wood.
I like sushi.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2012, 01:20:44 pm »

Malachite 10
I've joined in the woodcutting effot. I'm having wheelbarrows made to move clay about I swear lugging clay from the collection site by the river through the forest up the cliff and onto my roof nearly killed the mason conscripts. Still we've got some good fish from the river and the prickle berries are coming in nicely so these things all balance out. Still need to finish the still by my manor so we can get some more wine and ale.

Malachite 21
My roof is finished and I have a decent wine cellar/ larder as well. Thorick will have his home next, my experience as an architect says a nice addition onto the tavern will suit best. Still tossing around the idea of who the best warehouse keeper and hatchery master would be. Nobody has any real skill in raising chickens or numbers so I suppose I'll let them hash it out. Between the fishery, my farmstead, the warehouse, the clay works, the hatchery, and the woodworks and the tavern we all have our own little castles in which to be kings so there shouldn't be any harm.

Malachite Close

Three new migrants appeared on the horizon. A swordsman an Axeman (husband and wife) and an animal caretaker. I greeted them and welcomed them to our town. That caretaker seems a bit queer. He's on in years at 103 and he talks about an extended family that for whatever reason didn't come with him. I asked him where he was from and he gave me an earful. I've heard stories about... More on this later. I have to think.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2012, 01:21:43 pm »

Time for a good old fashioned IC debate. Nerjin, Dusty, make your cases for why you as dwarves of Murderfarmed why you should be our bookkeeper.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2012, 01:59:13 pm »

Well I obviously have a nicer name. Plus as a druid I can count. Something dust doesn't have. Dust is just a bunch of fine particles. How can it possibly count?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

mebuysword

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2012, 02:40:48 pm »

If i have not been dwarfed yet, can i take the vampire?

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2012, 02:53:04 pm »

put that bloodsucker into a holding cell....

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2012, 02:58:16 pm »

That evidence does not seem conclusive to me. 103 years is not so long, many normal dwarfs reach that and more. Adult sons don't come with their parents. The wife should be there, but she colud have died at world gen or something.
Any more data? Very high social or other skills? that often marks vampires.
Anyway, lock him. It should not take long to see and no harm will done to anybody.

Edit- scrap that, i just saw the list of former asociations. Is clearly a vampire.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 03:10:57 pm by Broken »
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 61