Trial by water!
- 2 (33.3%)
Bury it alive, Mebuy style!
- 0 (0%)
The poll was confusing.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 61

Author Topic: Murderfarmed, A Farming Village Succession Fort (Overseers Needed)  (Read 82340 times)

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murderfarmed, A Farming Village Succession Fort (34.11)
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2012, 05:03:53 am »

Great! I survived :D, now to wait until i get a pc so that i can write my journal :)

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2012, 05:43:22 am »

24th of Felsite

I'm healthy today, to bad there was no way of etching, wait maybe i could've etched! there must've been some way of etching something into the floor? Well... Anyway, i'm healthy... Oh you should've seen Nerjin's face today when he walked into the bar! He was terrified he probably thought i was dead because i wasn't where i used to be when i actually was in the pub drinking wine and telling people a story about the log which nearly killed me (I mean, i almost DIED) that was hilarious Nerjin's face that is, not the fact that i was almost killed.Note to self, shorten sentences. Add more commas. (and do not forget whatever these are called: . (Periods?))

*There's a picture of a poorly drawn face with a funny look between the two entries.*

26th of Felsite

Nerjin told me i'd be his upstairs neighbour today! Wait, i probably should tell you that tey celebrated me healing today that was great i mean celebrating me! It was while we were celebrating me he told me i'd get that room! I'm so happy now!

First journal entry i've ever written, hope t turned out well :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 05:45:27 am by sayaks »

InfinityWEAPON

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as he thinks he is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2012, 12:53:55 pm »

You ramble a bit too fast, and you need some more punctuation. Then again, you ARE playing a dwarf...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 01:13:08 pm by InfinityWEAPON »
The bacon is currently molten, this is a problem.

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2012, 01:42:35 pm »

It was partially on purpose, i have bad punctuation already, and i made it worse by removing the commas.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2012, 12:21:17 pm »

Journal of Nerjin

5th of Hematite, 337
Mebuy gave me quite a scare. He managed to get up and walk around and I sort of lost track of him. However I found him in the makeshift hospital. Currently I am trying to find a way to get him back into his holding cell. I was worried that someone was… well it’s not important right now. Once he wakes up I’ll see what I can’t do. On a side-note I didn’t think vampires could sleep.

9th of Hematite, 337

Well I decided to cut our losses. We left Mebuy in the attic of the inn to… can vampires die? Never-the-less I just couldn’t deal with the threat of death anymore. He refused to go to his three holding cells so I personally removed the stairway to the top of the inn. I told Mebuy what had to happen and then removed the stairway. I am having a wall built there to ensure that he can’t escape. If a future over-seer wants to give it a go I wish them the best of luck but I just can’t devote any more time as is. We still have homeless people [two less than we used to] and I just can’t put them off any longer. It’s summer and the cold weather could kill them. I wish Mebuy the best of non-lethal luck.

10th of Hematite, 337
I awoke this morning to grave news. Mebuy is dead. I brought up the idea of a funeral but… none of the others would have it. I have decided to build a morgue for future dwarvern deaths but it appears Mebuy will lie forever in some unmarked grave. We have decided to commemorate his attempt at saving Broseph Stalin with a  casket. But past that he will have nothing. On the bright side this means we can reclaim the upper portion of the Inn again. I think we’ll place the casket in the dark tunnel he was first captured in. I wish you the best of luck in the vampire afterlife… If they have those.

16th of Hematite, 337
I miss strawberries. So succulent and juicy. So I have decided to extend our farming program by one field. Only three crop types isn’t enough. So I have extended it to four. I feel that if each over-seer adds one and builds five houses we should be good to go as far as comfort goes. I have heard talk of some form of Cave Wheat that grows above ground but I discounted it. To grow such an abomination would incur the wrath of wizards. But if someone else wants to go for it I wouldn’t say no.

20th of Hematite, 337
No one has arrived so far this season. I am glad for this. If we had any more people I think we’d overload at this point. Mebuy  still has no coffin. A town full of carpenters but no coffin as of yet. Nor any new beds. I’m thinking of setting someone to just carpenterize. For now though I’ll start working on this backlog of work we have. Each house is complete. But as far as actual houses ready for using… we have nothing.  To clear up my thoughts I’m going to write down what I want to get done.
-Bury Mebuy [a tad literal on this one]
-Build a prison for Paintbrush our beloved sherrif.
-Set up small apartment bloc which should be a multistory building with six “homes” on each story.

30th of Hematite

Well I noticed a bunch of tables and chairs flooding our settlement when I realized… we have no spare beds. So I told everyone that only beds are being produced for now. We need more beds for the apartment block which has finally begun its second level of construction. We are also starting work on the crypt. Hopefully a small tunnel will suffice and not anger our founder. If it does however I shall merely inform him that it is by his rule that we cannot place corpses outside. Something about the sun not being good for “ghosts” or some such non-sense. Either way in review I think this month was… mixed. Mebuy died which is a good thing. After long thoughts on this subject I have decided he was a menace to society and had to be stopped. I read some of the stuff he scratched on the bed posts… Not really good for a citizen of our fair “city”. Most of what happened this month was interior work. Just setting some things up for easier living. Houses for all within the next month I hope. My rein is already ¼ over. I hope I am remembered fondly.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2012, 01:00:54 pm »

* All houses must be individually built: no apartments.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2012, 01:58:51 pm »

Huh... Well that sucks. Wish you had informed me of that before I built Sayak's house on top of my own. Oh well this will lead to a very interesting journal entry. I'll do that very soon.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 10, 2012, 03:13:35 pm »

Of importance, is Sayaks living above me a negative thing? Or is that acceptable?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 10, 2012, 03:31:38 pm »

Of importance, is Sayaks living above me a negative thing? Or is that acceptable?
Eh, originally I viewed it as a crawlspace to house a criminal rather than an apartment so I guess it's fine. Still it should be the only stacked home.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 10, 2012, 04:10:12 pm »

Diary of Nerjin [A doodle at the top of the page shows a monsterous dwarf throwing crying children from a secure housing project.]

1st of Malachite, 337
Well this is a real elf maker. It would appear the Broseph Stalin is against public housing. Never-the-less it is his land and I will abide by this rule. However Sayaks stays for now. While others may be out of luck he has went through enough and is still perfectly fine for now. When everyone else gets a new house [hopefully by the end of the month] I will say goodbye to my upstairs neighbor and send him off to a mansion six times better than Broseph Stalin’s. I hope this teaches him a lesson about making me follow perfectly logical rules. In other news, regarding Sayacks oddly enough, I found that he still had his right arm busted open. Hopefully he’s alright. But he hasn’t keeled over or said anything so I think he’ll be okay. Either that or he just hasn’t noticed… I hope it’s the former. The second would be unsettling.

2nd of Malachite, 337
I looked out my window today and saw Miquito Men. I hate misquitos soooo much. I hope they move on or else I’ll get our local hero to go deal with them.

16th of Malachite, 337
Nothing is happening around here. After the two last flurries of activity this farming community has become what I feared it was destined for. Boredom. So to alleviate the sorrow of sadness I have ordered a crypt built for our friend Mebuy and all others who perish in our settlement. It’s bigger than my house and is right across the way so that I can see it very very well. I fear that I have become morbid this month.

21st of Malachite, 337
I am very close to just drowning the whole village. I give out a very simple task. Build a crypt. Floors are all we need. We can deal with the walls later. Not only do they not do it but they lie and say that what they need is destroyed or misplaced. That’s lovely. IT’S WOOD YOU MORONS!!! We have a fuckton of it lying around. Don’t have any wood? Lies. I see it lying around. Our wood-cutters are doing nothing but that. Next person who says the thing is missing is getting smacked.

24th of Malachite
Finally got the flooring done and have a casket set aside for Mebuy.  Lovely. Now that my near melt-down yesterday has been put into check I shall see about getting a prison set up. No new houses are built just yet but I am working on it personally.

30th of Malachite
Well in review this month was tedious other than the misquito demons who look like men. Whatever the foul magic that bound them in that form I hope they don’t come back. As far as I can tell the people here prefer roofs over floors. Each roof necessary is built [if any work on the house has begun at all] but as far as flooring we are usually ill-prepared.
5th of Galena, 337

Turns out that everyone has a home… I have no idea why no one mentioned we were building houses for no one. I suppose it’s due to the married couples or something. Well at least we’ll have some for migrants. If migrants show up at all. As for the farm building we’re still having troubles. Only part of it is dug out. Hopefully our miners will deem it important soon enough.

15th of Galena
Well I realized how very… “true” we stay to certain crops. Growing them all year round. I have improved on this by switching up which crop grows in each plot per season. Except for certain crops such as rope weed which we need for eventual clothing. But for now we should do well. At the very least more variation on booze and food will be nice.

21st of Galena, 337
I enjoyed informing Broseph Stalin what I was doing today. “Oh just building a new house for Sayaks. Wanna see the blue-prints?” he got real quiet when I showed it to him. A HUGE house. Bigger than his. It is the biggest building in our town or at least it will be when it is completed. Best part is that they are going to be neighbors. Take THAT Stalin and your anti-commudwarfism! Don’t worry though I put quite some distance between the two houses so that it’s not public. I sort of wish for a similar house, but I am a mere book-keeper so I don’t require anything fancy.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 10, 2012, 10:07:50 pm »

Diary of Nerjin [A small doodle of a large group of Wren people is on this page. They seem to be making off with several pieces of paper]

1st of Limestone, 337
Those bastards stole pages from my diary. I can’t believe it. Wren people can’t even read! Why would they take it? Well it’s not important nothing really happened on the last days of the month. So whatever. The sudden chill signifies both Autumn’s appearance and a dwarvern caravan in the future. I think that’s when they said they’d show up. That’s when they did it last year. But that’s not the important part. I heard today that there ARE Goblin caravans that sell meat and the like. I’ve never seen one. I hope they decide to trade with us… Although I’m not entirely sure that will happen. Well I’ll wait for winter and see what I can’t do.

2nd of Limestone, 337
Chairs and tables for everyone! We finally have enough that I have deemed it acceptable to give some to everyone. One per house-hold at least. In other news I think doors would look lovely for each house. So far only one or two people have them. Work on the mansion goes well. Again the roof is done before anything else. Some sort of roof fetish I guess. The prison is nearly complete as well. At the very least the “wardens” office is complete. Paintbrush will be so happy when I tell him.

10th of Limestone, 337
Why aren’t we making bricks? We have all this clay and the best we’re doing is clay walls. We’re better than that. Bricks are a much better building material. Both aesthetically and structurally. I miss having iron though. Rocks would be nice too… But bricks will suffice.
Secondly I’ve been pondering all of this flora. It’s odd to look at so much of it for so long considering all of our origins.

13th of Limestone, 337
Stardust looked at me weird when I told them to slaughter some newborn kittens. After a bit of convincing they grinned at me and took off. Broseph said she shouldn’t be doing that kinda thing. I beg to differ. I feel like I’m acting too bitterly towards Broseph Stalin recently though. So I think this will be the last thing I do out of spite for a while.

16th of Limestone, 337
Chicks have hatched. I thought we were getting all of those eggs though… Never-the-less I have decided to build a small hut [again bigger than my house] to house all the nest boxes. This will include a door to lock so that way the eggs will be able to hatch providing us with plenty of chicken meat. When asked about the door plan I informed everyone that eggs need privacy to hatch. They looked at me weird. I love messing with people.

27th of Limestone, 337
Sayaks has finally been allowed to move into his new home. It’s spacious but not complete just yet. The furniture hasn’t been added yet. As it stands me and him have declared that it is just a quarters. Which is pretty good for not even having the whole floor complete. Unfortunately no more projects will be started by me. At least not until all the others are completed.
In other news Thorick has reached an amazing skill at cutting wood. It’s like she walks up to the tree hits it once and down it goes. It’s the stuff of legends I swear. No dwarf in history, to my knowledge, has managed the feat before. I am in awe. I watched for almost an hour today before confirming that, indeed, she was legendary in this field.

9th of Sandstone, 337
Who likes succulent chicken meat? I don’t know and honestly I don’t care. I told Paintbrush to stop EVERYTHING and butcher all the chicks. They’re getting in the way of the construction of the hen-house.  It’s unfortunate as they’re so cute… but we’ll make many many more this way. I’m considering building a kitchen. Maybe if there is time after all my other stuff finishes.

11th of Sandstone, 337
More chicks. I order them killed immediately.

16th of Sandstone, 337
The jail and warden’s office are complete… At least according to our sherrif. In reality I think that he just realizes that it’s probably not gonna get done for a LONG time and that what we have is decent. In celebration I say “Indeed.” And get back to work. I created a HUGE backlog. We have a long way to go.

18th of Sandstone, 337
Well… that was unexpected. I was watching Stardust on her way to go butcher some kittens. She was walking through the warehouse when she caught me watching her pull the kitten. She gave birth right there. It was… unexpected is really all I can think of to say.
Okay… Stardust is an awful mother. She left her newborn RIGHT in the warehouse as she went to go butcher the cat. I know she enjoys it. I know I said “No matter what slaughter these animals.” But I didn’t expect this at all. The poor tot crawled around the depot and eventually got into the lumber pile. I thought tragedy was about the strike when the little doll started crawling towards the river. I was on my way to stop it when I saw Stardust sprinting for it. Covered in cat blood and fur. She swooped up the baby just before it got to the water’s edge. We’re nicknaming the baby “Led” until Stardust thinks of a proper dwarf name for it. It took her three days. What a awful parent.

26th of Sandstone, 337
A Giant Red Panda… Pretty nifty. Hopefully I won’t have to call Doctor Badass over to deal with it. Oddly enough despite being panda bears, a panda is not really a bear. It’s more like a opossum.

7th of Timber, 337
Well a curious event today. The Giant Red Panda was wandering around town and not causing even a kobold worth of trouble. Odd considering I had been informed that Giant creatures generally cause trouble wherever they go. I will keep an eye on this creature. I sort of… I sort of want to keep it.

16th of Timber, 337
Well the basic building is finally complete. For the prison that is. I’ve ordered two stockades made. Knowing that we’ll be safe should any crime occur is comforting. [A picture of a smiling red panda is drawn here]

18th of Timber, 337
A dwarvern caravan has finally arrived! I order all the crafts that have been made taken to the depot. Now would be an excellent time to note that we have made no crafts. I order, instead, some splints and bricks and cloth taken there. We have lots of that I think. Yes, yes we do.

25th of Timber, 337
WHY!? Why so many thieves? We have nothing worth stealing! Want clay? We have that! Clay and wood. Help yourself. Blasted goblins.

27th of Timber, 337
Oh I’m sorry that your office isn’t good enough. Sorry it’s too meager… Bah ungrateful. You have four chairs. Two of which are your favorite wood! You have a table and a house filled with stuff! You need to get your head out of dream-world. You’re lucky you’re getting anything at all. Nah I’m just kidding diary. But seriously I thought he liked the sherrif’s house. But whatever I’ll get to work on that. Maybe moving stuff from his home will work?
In other news the crypt is finally done. Clay walls look very nice with wooden roof and floor and wooden caskets. Right?

28th of Timber, 337
I went with Stardust to sell our leather and cloth. I’m proud to say “Gentlemen… We have stone.” We bought out all the stone the merchants had. Hopefully now we can get a mechanics workshop up and build a traction bench. Sayaks hasn’t healed fully because we don’t have one. While there we also grabbed a bronze sword and well… I suggested this myself… We got some toys for Led. All metal. So even if future over-seers don’t like it or perhaps if Led outgrows them we have a source of some metal. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say I did pretty good. Although the merchant smiled at me weird when I left and Stardust seemed a bit more than worried at my orders… Did I give away too much?

30th of Timber, 337
In review this season was pretty bare as far as events go but I think things are looking up for us. If nothing else we have stone and a legendary wood-cutter. I think we’ll be alright. As I write this the weather has grown cold. I’m beginning to think that I’ll retire after winter. Maybe years later I’ll give this another go but… All of this responsibility is getting to me. I’m starting to get angrier with my fellows quicker than I should. I don’t want to be “that” guy… So… Well now all that’s left is choosing a successor.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 11, 2012, 11:28:05 am »

savegame?
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 11, 2012, 12:32:34 pm »

Two things regarding that. I will have my turn done later today and I was wondering how exactly DO I get the next person my save game? Secondly, if this last long enough does the turn list loop? Or do I have to sign up for another turn or am I done for good after my turn?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 11, 2012, 01:06:26 pm »

Two things regarding that. I will have my turn done later today and I was wondering how exactly DO I get the next person my save game? Secondly, if this last long enough does the turn list loop? Or do I have to sign up for another turn or am I done for good after my turn?

To post the save you just compress it to a zip file then upload it to DFFD and then post the link here. After we're done with the list we'll go back through it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 61