Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Progress :: Never Split the Party, Scooby Doo  (Read 47724 times)

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: And The Sun Rises!
« Reply #345 on: August 11, 2012, 07:44:55 pm »

"Ugh... Well, these may at least sell to wizards or something..."
Hedric takes the scrolls, and heads off to join Talendir, Sinterous and Lei, suddenly noticing the shadows.
"Ah! What are those?!"

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 11, 2012, 10:50:23 pm »

"Hey, Hedric. I'm a wizard. Want to trade those scrolls for some green stuff? Could be poison or something. Poison's fun. Oh, and don't mind those guys, they're just kind of hanging around."
Sinterous picks up the green liquid and tries to trade it to Hedric for the scrolls.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #347 on: August 11, 2012, 11:06:45 pm »

Mina just follows the general party.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 12, 2012, 12:15:52 am »

"Hmph. I know for a fact that poison sells well on the black market, and these scrolls could well be worthless..."
Hedric accepts the deal.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 12, 2012, 02:47:12 am »

Talendir

[5] You dig out a full waterskin and a fairly fresh heel of bread from your pack, tossing them to Lei as you set off down the road again.

+2 XP
____

Derm

With a fierce cry, you fall upon the socks and fedora. [3] As you pull on the socks, you realize that they are just plain wool. [6] You shove the fedora onto the peak of your Stack of Hats. Your headwear now provides an additional +2 damage soak, as well as making you look much more stylish.
____

Aero

Still struggling with your spear, [5] you finally manage to pull it free with a great spray of dried blood and ash. The blood and brains of the daemon appear to have soaked into the wood and metal of your trusty weapon, permanently staining it. After staring at it for a moment, you fly down towards the others to claim whatever remains of the contents of the sphere.

Gain: Bloodstained Spear
____

Lei

You take the pince-nez with a slight smile. [6] Placing it delicately on your nose, you peer through. You happen to gaze upon [2] the strange floating magician [Derm] ((roll based on post order for the this turn, though arguably this is bad luck as well)). You see a strange, mad-eyed figure quite literally armed with tentacles. You jump, catching the pince-nez as it falls. You then [3] try to examine yourself, but aren't really sure of anything beyond being hungry and thirsty. As Talendir tosses you a waterskin and chunk of bread, you snatch them from the air and quickly dig in as you begin to walk East.

Gain: Enchanted Pince-Nez (?)
____

Hedric

At first, you snatch up the scrolls, but then quickly accept Sinterous' offer to trade them for the large flask of neon green liquid. [5] The brew sloshes noisly, glowing with a cheery light as you slip the corked bottle into your pocket.

Gain: Large Flask of bright green liquid
____

Sinterous

Thankfully, the rogue accepted your rather generous offer, and quickly handed over the no-doubt valuable magical scrolls in exchange for what was almost certainly some sort of vile swill. [6] As your hands close on the scrolls, their respective sealing runes pulse with gentle light, as if in tune with your own power. The first of the three glows orange-yellow and is composed of naturalistic curves. The second is cornflower-blue, a series of seemingly unconnected dots and lines. The third is a dull rust-red, angular and jagged. You feel that you may be able to learn more with further examination.

Gain:
-Orange-yellow sealed scroll
-Cornflower sealed scroll
-Rust-red sealed scroll

____

Mina

Ignoring the more greedy of your companions, you continue East towards the rising sun.

1 HP healed.
____

Aero arrives just in time to scoop up the linked rods and four vials filled with golden liquid. [6] The former are forged from what appears to be cold iron, yet are suprisingly light. Spirals of copper appear to have been worked into preforged grooves in the surface before being sealed over somehow. One of the rods has a very clearly shaped grip at the unchained end and is roughly 30cm in length, while its companion is closer to 20cm. They are joined by a slender, finely forged iron chain entwined with lengths of copper. The chain itself is around 65cm in length. Small sparks leap across the surface of the entire thing.

[4] The four vials shine in the sunlight as Aero slips them into one of his pockets.

Gain:
-Chained Iron/Copper Rods (?)
-4x Small Vials of golden liquid

((Nunchaku? What're those? Not with a [6], not in my house. Bwahahaha...))
____

The party continues east as the sun rises, hilltop and village fading away in the distance. After several hours you crest a small ridge covered in tall grass and light shrubs. To the South is the termination of the ridge the road has roughly followed thusfar; to your North-East lies a large, shallow valley which opens out onto the fairly level plains covering much of the distance between here and the fjords of the Northern coast. Perhaps twenty minutes walk from your position lies a large, low stone tower. A small gathering of buildings lies further to the East, and a number of farmhouses are scattered around the valley and plain.

A ragged banner flies from the tower; it bears the crest of Greenhaven. Dozens of bodies lie strewn across the scarred earth near the tower, some in Greenhaven heraldry and others in crimson coats bearing a stag. Perhaps thirty of the attackers are still actively engaged against a dozen defenders attempting to hold their ground, while ten redcoated crossbowmen fire from behind barricades a safe distance from the melee. You can see a handful of longbowmen returning fire from the roof of the tower, and arrows occasionally fly from some of the upper arrowslits in the rounded walls.

[5]

None of you are certain who was the first to notice, but after a few seconds of squabbling you return your attention to an additional bit of information: a quartet of cloaked figures stand in the shadow of a small patch of trees perhaps one hundred meters to your North. Aero claims that they are all intently watching the battle, though he is the only one with vision keen enough to have any certainty.

In any case, this tower is in the general area that Freeholder Leira claimed Brehelm Watch would be, though she evidently overestimated her control of the area. In any case, this is where the scout you were supposed to meet is stationed, though his continued survival could reasonably be construed as questionable.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: Where's a Strider When You Need One?
« Reply #350 on: August 12, 2012, 04:02:59 am »

As Aero continues with the group, he examines his now demon blood-stained spear. Has the unholy ichor made the spear more durable?
Aeros eyebrows furrowed as he began thinking on recent events. Once again, his lady chasing ways had nearly gotten him killed. He shrugged it off. There couldn't be a life lesson hidden in there.

In fact, that new girl, Lei, looked worth a shot. Not Mina though. Paladins are nuts, and Aero keeps his distance from them, even if they're female and kinda attractive.

"Oh yeah. I kinda forgot to mention dis, but dat 'erbalist lady turned into goo and tried to eat me. I'd reccomend stayin away from dat village next time."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 02:32:54 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: Red Sky At Morn'...
« Reply #351 on: August 12, 2012, 04:22:52 am »

"Seems you can't swing a cat without hitting something that wants to tear your face off, out here. Anyway, I figure that scout we're supposed to find can wait a few minutes. It's time for Magic!"
Sinterous takes a seat on the ground and examines the rust-red scroll, trying to unravel its mystical secrets.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 01:26:59 pm by Sinpwn »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 12, 2012, 06:57:48 am »

((Until said otherwise, I will assume that 'several hours have passed' means I have full mana again due to logic.))

"Good news everyone! I've discovered a way to make knights useless in battle!"

Turn all attackers helmets 180 degrees. Any direction.

HP: 25/30
MP: 41/41
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 01:30:28 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: Where's a Strider When You Need One?
« Reply #353 on: August 12, 2012, 08:54:19 am »

Talendir sighs and simply decides his group to start their work antics. Most probably, they will get in trouble soon, and it hardly matters to try and do anything sensible. He mostly tries to try and see what the shadows are doing and if they are armed, but his vision is lacking such effectivity.

He then turns back to the young woman. She seemed to have just been through some terrible ordeal, judging by her face, whcih apppeared to be the one of a person who hadn't eaten or consumed water properly. Had she been under the constant threat of stalkers during her travel or had she been prisoner?

"What happened to you?" he asks while staring at Lei. "You seem pretty weak. Did something happen before you met us?" He stops for a moment before continuing: "You do not need to talk about it, though."

Wait. Stay ready. Try to analyze both the field and the figures.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 01:40:21 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 12, 2012, 01:00:06 pm »

Hours had passed in their travels. Lei had gotten used to the company pretty quickly. Talendir was levelheaded, until Mina came close, then he was rather... defensive. Mina, herself, was an odd paladin; she didn't talk too much. Aero was a fascination for Lei. She had never seen a winddancer up close before. Sinterous amused her with his story of being a strong archmage that lost his memory. She did wander if she could fix that. Hedric... went missing for a while in... something. Lei never understood that part.
Then there was Derm. Weird glasses vision aside, he was the most eccentric and engimatic. Lei was not using her powers on this group, as she hates to pry when she doesn't have to. But curiosity on Derm nearly had her check anyway. His hats made her smile.

Reaching where they are now, the sight that greeted them had Lei put both hands to her mouth. Dead people. People fighting just to stay alive. Then she saw Sinterous and Aero just... checking their equipment. ''Wha-?'' She heard Derm, which made Lei sigh. Ironic as to who was trying to do anything, though also impressive given the distance between them and the fighting.

Then Talendir asked his question. ''You're asking me this now?'' Lei looked in utter bewilderment at the man. Several hours of foot numbing walking, and he asks her that now, as people were fighting and dying. ''Why aren't we doing something to help!?''

As she said that, she did a mental scan of the four figures, trying to see why they were doing what they were doing.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 12, 2012, 01:26:46 pm »

((Until said otherwise, I will assume that 'several hours have passed' means I have full mana again due to logic.))
((Yep, travel sequences can generally be assumed to refill your mana. If you've got a health restoration thing like Mina/Skyrunner, I'll do a rough estimate and note that in the turn after travel ends.))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 12, 2012, 01:36:03 pm »

((Not one to ask questions right away, is he?
Also, defensive near Mina? He is mostly aggressive and a general ass. :P))
Then Talendir asked his question. ''You're asking me this now?'' Lei looked in utter bewilderment at the man. Several hours of foot numbing walking, and he asks her that now, as people were fighting and dying. ''Why aren't we doing something to help!?''
"Well, why aren't you doing something to help?" Talendir asked in deadpan. "You berate us, but you have magic and you aren't helping them anyway."

He shrugs aftewards.
"Our main concern is staying alive. Rushing in without analyzing the situation is the same as comitting suicide. Calm down."
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 01:37:54 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 12, 2012, 07:21:44 pm »

''You...!'' Lei was unusually angry, but her small frame meant she wasn't exactly intimidating. ''Atleast I'm not making idle chat!'' She retorted, internally trying to focus herself and finish the mental scan. ''Oh, and I'm doing more than you think to help!'' She finished, taking 2 steps ahead of the group holding her staff with both hands.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 12, 2012, 11:38:56 pm »

Hedric's attention quickly turns to the shadowy figures. He figured that these people were assassins, and he knew that assassins loved to use poison.
"I'll be back, I just... Need to do something?"
He quickly walks to the shadowy group of people and attempts to sell them the green potion.
"This is number one, top quality poison right here! I'm selling it now for a negotiable price!"

Stats: HP: 34/35
MP: 0/0
Skills:Nimble Hands, Leaps and Bounds.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 13, 2012, 01:21:22 am »

''You...!'' Lei was unusually angry, but her small frame meant she wasn't exactly intimidating. ''Atleast I'm not making idle chat!'' She retorted, internally trying to focus herself and finish the mental scan. ''Oh, and I'm doing more than you think to help!'' She finished, taking 2 steps ahead of the group holding her staff with both hands.
Aero glanced around at his teammates, hoping for one of them to take initiative and go calm down Lei. With a silent sigh, he closed the gap between him and her. After slicking his hair back, he tapped her on the shoulder.
"Ey. Lei? Don't mind 'im, dat's just da way he acts. He ain't da social type like I am, but he can fight pretty well. Besides, we can't 'ave fightin between us, we gotta save dat for da lich. So, uh, why don't ya just rejoin da rest of us, huh?"
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36