Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Progress :: Never Split the Party, Scooby Doo  (Read 47735 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: Where's a Strider When You Need One?
« Reply #315 on: August 09, 2012, 11:34:38 pm »

"Latah suckas!"
Dive towards the corpse, take spear and shinies. Bring in dark clouds, if they aren't already there.
((Just how strong are Aeros weather powers? Are we talking like Storm from X-men, or more of just being able to call down lightning. Like, in an emergency, could I make a hurricane?))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 09, 2012, 11:35:32 pm »

I like how everyone goes after loot when it's immediately clear that everyone that isn't me is being surrounded by Grues. And then if I succeed my cast none of ya'll are gonna be able to fly up and get it. x'cept bird man.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 09, 2012, 11:36:33 pm »

I like how everyone goes after loot when it's immediately clear that everyone that isn't me is being surrounded by Grues.
((Hey, at least I've got the "It's in character" excuse.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 09, 2012, 11:37:26 pm »

So do I, but I also have the motivation: Not about to be messily devoured.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 09, 2012, 11:40:10 pm »

((I knew that the bird guy was a good choice.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 10, 2012, 12:12:07 am »

Talendir sighs at the almost suicidal loot-seeking instincts of his teammates. He temporarily analyzes the situation, considering staying behind to help the group since they most likely will get assaulted while trying to scavenge the remains of the daemon ((ooc: but then they won't die anyway because then the game would be boring :P)). Sighing, he decides to make a break for it and try to try and keep the escape route open for more time.

Make a break for the escape route, trying to keep it open for more time for the team after getting to safety.

Help Lei get away in the process (a.k.a grab her with one arm and keep running for it).

« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 03:01:12 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 10, 2012, 01:06:06 am »

((Hey, for all you know, they could be friendly shadowy figures that just so happen to live in a small, secluded village and only come out to greet travellers during dark and gloomy nights. They might just be inviting you down to tea!))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 10, 2012, 01:07:49 am »

((Are they?))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 10, 2012, 01:10:59 am »

((Are they?))
In the words of Terry Pratchett: When a wizard is tired of checking for broken glass in his food, he is tired of life. PARANOIA FTW! I think that means paranoia for the win.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 10, 2012, 01:26:01 am »

((That daemon could have been building a gateway to a magical land full of ponies and friendship. And the lich you are all nominally tasked with killing could be a pretty swell fellow who just raises a few undead armies on the side as a little hobby. Does that answer your question?  ;)))

3. Run Resize Enable

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 10, 2012, 01:27:05 am »

It is settled. The king hates hobbyists. He must die.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 10, 2012, 01:45:36 am »

It is settled. The king hates hobbyists. He must die.
We will hang him upon a castle parapet, for all to see.
The artists shall draw overpriced characteratures of him, the bakers and candy makers shall make sweets in parody of him, and many an itchy wool sweater shall be knitted by senior citizens to immortalize the day.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 10, 2012, 01:49:50 am »

We must then have a new king . Who could it be? I'd ask the crossed out question, except for the derail.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 10, 2012, 02:30:51 pm »

(... dice gods, when I said better rolls, I mean ones that get me out of trouble! Not ones that simply don't ACTIVELY try to get me killed.)

''Hah...hah...'' Lei panicked, physically our of breath, and mentally paranoid. She saw the danger all around her, and with no time to confirm intentions, she decided that she had to run. She saw the opening and ran as fast as her exhausted legs could carry her. She gave a panicked yelp as she went, trying to think of a way to help.

Lei ran for the opening, not stopping as she went passed whatever that horror was. (If) The warrior man held the opening, Lei ran just passed him before stopping and raising stones and rocks, making makeshift obstacles for the shadows to help keep the opening open. (Oh, so much on the assumption she makes it to the opening at all...)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 10, 2012, 03:59:06 pm »

Derm

A glint in the daemon's corpse catches your eye and you reach out, willing it to come to you. [2] Nothing happens.

-3 MP
____

Hedric

Given your life as a gentleman of somewhat disreputable character, you [5] don't hesitate for a moment as you clamber over the mount of flesh and bone, which has already begun to rot. You get a handhold on the shiny thing you saw and remove it, revealing a sphere of red-gold metal, the outer surface of which forms a cloudlike pattern. An intricate golden lock seals the two halves together. It is roughly 1/3 of a meter in diameter.

It is [5] surprisingly light, almost as if it has been charmed to weight less. You heft it with both hands, tucking your new knife into your belt.

Gain: Strange Metallic Sphere (Locked)
____

Sinterous

Ignoring the potential threat posed by the shadow people, you [5] root through the daemon's corpse, gathering several bits of its body that you know can be used to enhance newly-crafted spells or enchant mundane things with magical effects. Sadly, most of the body was ruined during the battle. From the corner of your eye you notice Hedric lifting a reddish-gold sphere.

You also locate the daemon's stomach. Through the lining you can feel parts of several skeletons and a number of metallic objects.

Gain:
1x Chunk of Daemon Heart
1x Daemon Eye
1x Daemon Horn
____

Mina

Quirking an eyebrow, you [6] pull yourself onto the daemon's shoulders, walking over to where Hedric has removed the metallic sphere. You carefully examine it. It feels as if doesn't belong anywhere near such a repulsive creature (the daemon, not the rogue). When you look over the space where it rested, you find a bracket forged of some dark metal, as if the sphere had been artifically implanted.
____

Aero

Diving towards the daemonic corpse with greed in your eyes, you [1] smash facefirst into the ground. You then [2] wave your hands around, doing absolutely nothing.

-5 HP

((It depends on how well you roll. Asking for something insanely above your ability like calling down a massive tempest miles in diameter could possibly succeed if you rolled perfectly and had something major (a deity, etc.) helping you out, for example. On average, you could probably call down a small lightning bolt or a couple of rainclouds with your current level of power, but as this is an RTD, absurd outcomes can happen. Do note that a failure on a large-scale/difficult action is going to be much more painful than on a minor one, as well. A [1] for a simple lightning bolt might give you a nasty shock and some damage; a [1] on a massive storm could cripple your ability to control the weather, destroy your ability to regenerate mana, target the storm on you/the party for days on end, and so on.

So yeah, Aero, by your own description, is still fairly young and inexperienced. Plenty of room for improvement. A hurricane would probably be out of your reach, even with a [5]. Though if you had a bit of a boost you could possibly manage a localized effect similar to one.))
____

Talendir

Once again finding yourself in the position of being the only responsible party member, you [4] rush towards the opening, [6] dragging Lei along behind you. You take up a defensive position, trying to stop the nearest shadows from linking up as you push Lei outward.

+2 XP
____

Lei

You start to run for freedom when Talendir grabs you, dragging you faster than you could run. As he pushes you past himself, you turn and focus your mind. You attempt to raise rocks from the ground to create a barrier [1], but succeed only in pulling a fist-sized rock towards yourself. It smacks you in the face, and you rub your temples, struck by a matching pair of headaches from the impact and the exertion.

-4 HP
____

The swarm of figures move to close the circle, converging on Talendir, with a few breaking off towards Lei.

They whisper as one, urging you to leave, lest you suffer a terrible fate.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36