Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Progress :: Never Split the Party, Scooby Doo  (Read 47743 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: But This Isn't Mars...
« Reply #300 on: August 07, 2012, 04:07:39 pm »

Talendir grimaces in concentration as he tries to get a firm grasp on the daemon's head. The gate seems to be almost completely assembled, and there is no telling what the creature may bring from within.

Stab the sword through the back of the daemon's neck and rip his head off.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 07, 2012, 04:32:19 pm »

''O-oh my gosh.'' Lei exlaimed at the sight of the mass of flesh and bone. It was bad enough that she was sure what was behind her was not good. Caught between a rock and a hard place, she sent out a wave again to read the thoughts and intentions of those around her: Namely, the ones fighting that thing and the shadowy figures. She dare not ever touch that thing's mind.

(When I said 'first to die' I didn't mean it! Dice gods, save me from your displeasure!!!)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 07, 2012, 06:04:58 pm »

"I don't think you get it, we don't pike you!!"
Stab it in the face! Groan at own pun!
"Oh yeah, guys, there's some guys coming up there!"
Warn teammates about reinforcements.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 07, 2012, 06:09:47 pm »

"Freeze, damn you! FREEZE, DAMN YOU, YOU DAMNABLE MEAT-MUPPET!"
Freezing Spray 2: Sub-Zero Boogaloo.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 09, 2012, 02:05:13 pm »

((Maybe I should take a leaf out of Skyrunner's book and just update any time I get around to it. :V))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 09, 2012, 03:06:17 pm »

"Gah! Get it off of me!"
Hedric tries to throw the dagger away from him, preferably towards the monster.

((Question: Is the dagger actually stuck to my hand or something?))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 09, 2012, 04:05:33 pm »

((Question: Is the dagger actually stuck to my hand or something?))

((I was thinking that that would be pretty funny, but then I thought of something better.))

3. Run Resize Enable

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #307 on: August 09, 2012, 09:41:01 pm »

((Maybe I should take a leaf out of Skyrunner's book and just update any time I get around to it. :V))

((Yes. Skip people mercilessly if they don't do anything to keep the ball rolling :3))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 09, 2012, 09:43:22 pm »

((Yes. Skip people mercilessly if they don't do anything to keep the ball rolling :3))

((Post your turn already or I'll be using Mina as a human shield next turn. D:< ))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #309 on: August 09, 2012, 09:49:15 pm »

Throw myself at the daemon, just attacking.

((Because everyone knows Paladins are Lawful Stupid.))

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 09, 2012, 10:40:15 pm »

((Lawful Asshole is more fun, though. Especially because it is completely in-character to make up dozen of laws and demand that everyone you meet abide by them.  :P))

____

Derm

Deciding to prioritize the impending Bad Things over the shadowy figures with unknown intentions, you [5] lift your hands, raising a massive spike of rock from the ground beneath the daemon, tearing off a leg in a spray of gore and disrupting the balance of the nearly-completed gate.

-15 MP
____

Talendir

Unwilling to allow this to progress any farther, you [2] swing your sword through the air above the daemon's head.

____

Lei

Yet again you project your thoughts, this time towards everything in the area other than the daemon. [3] You accidentally touch the daemon's mind and quickly close your mind before any harm can be done, preventing you from feeling anything else.
____

Aero

You shout a warning to your teammates as you stab at the daemon's face, [6] driving your spear straight through its skull! With a gurgle, it slumps back, ripping your spear from your hands. Your spear is now stuck in the daemon's face, with barely half a foot of shaft protruding from between its four bloodshot eyes.

Lose: Spear
____

Sinterous

You see the daemon breath its last after taking a spear straight through the skull, but remember that there is no such thing as too much paranoia when dealing with creatures not of this world. [4] You blast the daemon's corpse with a spray of frigid air, freezing the part of its torso from which the base of the incomplete gate sprouts.

-6 MP
____

Hedric

Cursing, you [3] trip, stumbling several steps towards the daemon, hand with the knife outstretched. It strikes a patch of frozen flesh with an audible ringing sound.
____

Mina

As a paladin, you know full well that such foul beasts often feign death to lure in unsuspecting pillars of Justice and Law. You [5 + 1] charge at the corpse, slashing at it with your holy sword. The blade bites deep, cutting through still-cooling and deeply frozen sections of the daemon's body, muscle and bone alike. As you complete the follow-through on the strike, the icy section shatters, revealing something strange just below where the hearts once were.
____

Every member of the party gains 30 XP, except Derm, who gains 40 XP due to his Artistic Bonus.

Aero's cry draws the attention of the party to the large swarm of dark, night-shrouded beings that have ascended the hill. They have nearly surrounded the altar, the daemon's corpse, and the entire group save Derm, who is still swimming towards the others. There is a small opening to the North-East, but it will be cut off inside of a minute.

A glint of red-gold shines within the shattered ruin of the daemon.

3. Run Resize Enable

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: Where's a Strider When You Need One?
« Reply #311 on: August 09, 2012, 10:47:33 pm »

"I spy with my little eye... something shiny!"

Summon shiny thing!

HP: 25/30
MP: 5/41
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 12:15:13 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 09, 2012, 11:18:10 pm »

"Loot! I call it!"
Completely forgetting the pain in his arm and the dagger for now, instead running for the shinies!

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 09, 2012, 11:27:47 pm »

"Well, that could ha- Shiny things."
Sinterous disregards the swarm of cloaked figures and instead loots the corpse of the daemon.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #314 on: August 09, 2012, 11:32:19 pm »

Mina raises an eyebrow at the something. She investigates beneath the hearts.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36