Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Progress :: Never Split the Party, Scooby Doo  (Read 47740 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: Ain't Dead Yet, Jim
« Reply #210 on: June 27, 2012, 09:05:59 pm »

Talendir looks around with an uninterested look at his face. What was supposed to be a simple travel has been going for quite a while now.

Loot the rogue's body before it disappears automagically due to GM's intervention. Then move to the stranger who called out.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 10:20:35 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 27, 2012, 10:05:22 pm »

"So, do you know the way to [Our destination]?"

HP: 21/30
MP: 38/40 (Regens 5 MP/turn)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 10:15:53 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 28, 2012, 11:38:51 am »

Cast detect magic.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 05, 2012, 03:45:33 pm »

Posting to watch. Also, Derm seems to be a more magically versatile Black Mage from 8-Bit theatre. Just sayin... ::)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 05, 2012, 03:47:50 pm »

On that note, we seem to be missing a few actions.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #215 on: July 05, 2012, 03:49:30 pm »

Oh. I see.

Well, I

watch derm.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 05, 2012, 05:50:32 pm »

((I'll poke Spinal_Taper with a gentle reminder. Just a bit of warning: I'm going to continue to be rather busy with work through the end of July, but once I'm back at uni I should be able to update more often. Maximum McDreich has expressed interest in subbing into the game and is apparently working on a character sheet, but I haven't heard anything further from Tiruin, though that is mostly my fault for dropping off the map for a few days.  :P))
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 05:53:00 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: Yet Another New Title
« Reply #217 on: July 05, 2012, 07:12:53 pm »

"So, what do you do usually, when we're not bothering you?"
Hit on the local women.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 05, 2012, 08:25:28 pm »

Hedric looks around with growing concern as magical energy builds up around his body. The air begins to smell of ozone, and sparks crackle along his body. With a sudden, rather anticlimactic pop, a glowing tear opens in the air to his left. Threads of light reaching out and starting to pull him through. He doesn't seem to struggle very much as his arm passes through, and his eyes begin to glaze over.

____

Talendir

Feeling very slightly bored with the time consumed by what was supposed to be a simple, short leg of your journey, you look around. When you notice Hedric being dragged away by forces unknown, you decide to make the best of a strange moment and steal whatever you can from the apparently-braindead man, trying to reach him before he is pulled all the way through. [6] You manage to get your hand into one of his pockets and feel something hard and angular--a cut gemstone, perhaps? Your hand tingles as the pocket passes into the rift, and you close your fingers around the stone, which feels as if it is moving in your hand, drawing back from the abnormal portal.

Opening your hand, you discover that what you took isn't a gem. Or at least it isn't now. [3] A small, crimson-hued blob rests in your palm, sprouting a number of what appear to be teeth, both human and animal. The thing weighs more than it should, unless it is abnormally dense. The reddish skin (you can think of no better way to describe the surface) is constantly shifting, scraping the teeth against your hand.

After staring at the thing for a second or two, you move towards the four in the clearing. ((I'm assuming that's what you meant with the last bit?))

Gain: Teething Fleshball

____

Derm

Thinking clearly, you ask the herbalist if she knows the way to Brehelm Watch. [4] She nods, saying that it is further along the road, but that the people in the town back to the west tend to overestimate travel time because they prefer to travel around the forest. She claims that it is only another thirty minutes or so to the edge of the forest at a fast walk, and a bit more to her village. From there, you can travel the rest of the way along the hills to your destination in around 6 hours.
____

Sinterous

With a muttered word, you search the area for traces of magic. [5] You sense a fairly powerful magical source in Derm, as well as minor ones in Mina and Aero. There is a very minor spark of magic in the herbalist's dagger, likely some sort of weak enchantment. The strange rift which has almost completely consumed Hedric is of comparable strength to your entire pool of energy, but feels as if there is a taint upon it. There are no other sources of magical energy within a 20 meter radius of you.

-3 MP
____

Mina

You carefully watch Derm, [4] and notice him talking to the herbalist, overhearing snatches of their brief conversation.
____

Aero

With a playful tone, ([5] and [2]), you hit on the herbalist and her assistant. She smiles slightly, flirting a bit in return. Her assistant scowls, telling you in a deep bass voice that you're barking up the wrong tree. He turns back towards the forest.
____

With a final flash of movement [4], a cat darts out of the trees, making a beeline for... [1]; [4]; [3]; [6]; [5] ...Mina! It weaves a few figure-eights through her legs before attempting to climb up onto her shoulder, digging its claws into her leg. Its eyes glimmer with a spark of intelligence.

Mina gains: Feral Cat (Follower)

((I'll be abstracting unimportant travel from this point on, to avoid having to chain together encounters and because I don't think anyone is interested in that. Unless there are any objections before I get off for the night, I'll go ahead and do that for the upcoming bit of the journey.))

3. Run Resize Enable

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 05, 2012, 08:36:54 pm »

"Right. Come bird man, we fly!"

Reduce personal gravity and bound forth!

(How much HP do I get per turn?)

HP: 21?/30
MP: 40/40 (Regens 5 MP/turn)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 05, 2012, 08:39:54 pm »

Talendir shrugs before enveloping the eldritch object full of teeth in a far amount of cloth and throwing it into his backpack/large pouch. The thing keeps shifting and changing, but it does not seem aggressive, but it also isn't useful. Well, he may still sell it to a crazy mage later or destroy it. For now, it was time to sleep.
"Let's just get going to the nearest settlement. It is dark already, so I guess we're sleeping in the village."

Keep walking.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 05, 2012, 10:14:18 pm »

Aero turns towards Derm, and says
"Ey, just gimme a minute with this fine lady!" he punctuates the line with a saucy wink towards the herbalist.
Then he shifts his attention back to the herbalist.
"Ey, see ya round. Soon, hopefully."
After he finishes flirting, he takes off with Derm, stopping at the Herbalists village.
"Well, she was nice. Don't know bout 'er buddy though."
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 10:21:57 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 06, 2012, 02:49:57 am »

Blinking a few times at the slightly disconcerting anomaly that swallowed one of his group members, Sinterous turns to Talendir.
"I may be interested in studying that... Artefact you have acquired at some point in the future, with your consent."

Head towards the town. Attempt to coax the mushroom stalk to relocate further back, under my wizard hat.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 06, 2012, 05:55:28 am »

(How much HP do I get per turn?)

((There is no automatic HP regeneration at the start, though you may come across things that give you a degree of it. You can attempt to heal yourself, be healed by other other players, ask NPCs to heal you, and will be healed for a decent amount if you get a few hours of sleep. The last of those is most reliable, followed by asking an NPC with medical training/experience; the former is always going to heal you and the latter will be more likely to succeed than attempts by an untrained player or NPC. There will be other things the party will encounter that will give one-time healing, such as some of the Alchemist's draughts.))

3. Run Resize Enable

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 06, 2012, 07:37:05 pm »

Name: Lei Senai
Description: Chestnut brown hair that just reaches her shoulders, though it is often done up in a loose bun. Has a sideswept fringe to the right. She has dark brown eyes and fair complexion. Wears a brown shawl that goes over a white dress that ends just above the ankles, both with unusual patterns and styles not common to these lands in navy blue. She has a fair complexion.
Background: Lei's family were a fading force in higher society. The name still held immense value in politics, but the family were slowly being impoverished, though that was a tightly held secret for obvious reasons.
Lei's parents were strongly involved with the family, and often were central to their success. Though they used their powers to help the people they led, they never used it in politics unless absolutely necessary. Seeing an opportunity to gain land that would pull them out of their monetary problems, they engaged in a risky political manouvre. It seemed to work right up till Freeholder Leira somehow managed to find out of their Kin heritage.
Kin in politics is almost taboo, due to their little understood powers, and how powerful they are in politics when used. The family begged Leira to not divulge this information. She gave an offer: the Senai family would side with her in all political debates. If they wished to be able to abstain from supporting her when they wished, they would have to hand over one of their sons or daughters as Leira's servant, never to see them again. Lei put herself forward without hesitation to grant her family the choice, though they desperately told her not to go.
Leira saw the deal done, and Lei was gone. 2 years since then, she has proven herself a capable servant and a kind person, putting others before herself. Leira, though, was disapointed in how Lei didn't use her strange abilities very often, if at all. Frustrated, Leira has sent Lei on the quest for the Lich.

To hide what she is, Lei pretends to channel magic through her staff when she uses telekinesis. Having both the Senai name and affiliation with Freeholder Leira gives Lei a certain amount of respect with anyone that understands these things.
Class: Kin
Stats:
HP: 35/35
MP: 0/0
Skills:
Minor Empath
Mental Sensitivity
Telekinetic
Telepath
Mental Mapper
Inventory: Quarterstaff. It's reasonably ornate.
Family Heirloom: Pendant Necklace. The pendant looks like a coin made of flint with a small marquise-shaped green gem inlayed. The stone itself has an intrinsic set of patterns cut into it that is unusual. However, it does not look like an expensive pendant by any means.

(Sorry this has taken so long. A mixture of RL, this being my first female character and wanting to get it right slowed me right down. Now that I've put all this work in, she'll probably die quickly :P)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36