Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Progress :: Never Split the Party, Scooby Doo  (Read 47710 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: Ice, Ice Baby
« Reply #135 on: June 10, 2012, 11:39:38 pm »

"I am traveling through the air by free will via proxy. If that's not flying I'm willing to spend hours upon hours of pointless arguing until it does."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 10, 2012, 11:48:01 pm »

Hedric frowns. It must be an item of worth if he is keeping it from him.

He then tries to catch derm and take the feather!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 10, 2012, 11:50:43 pm »

"Hey guys, how about you wait until after you're out of danger to look at the feather."

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 11, 2012, 06:10:30 am »

"Don't worry about me, Aero. Help Derm."

Levitate a small patch of the road to fly out of the forest on.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 12, 2012, 10:39:42 pm »

((Poke. Skyrunner? I remember to post in your games.  :P D:))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Roll to Progress :: Burny Sez: Only You Can Set Forest Fires
« Reply #140 on: June 12, 2012, 10:46:16 pm »

((Oops.))
((Edit: Double oops. Should read other people's posts too, 'cept I was going to go to bed >.>))

Head on merry way.

"Thanks, I wouldn't have been able to do that without you. Stupid in hindsight, swinging a sword at a wisp," said Merchant Mina, while Paladin Mina silently railed against the possibility that it could have been wrong. Paladin Mina was the Law, and the Law was not mocked! But Merchant Mina was in charge of Project Be A Civilian, and it had a firm grasp on things now despite there being a minor slip.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 10:58:53 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 12, 2012, 10:51:33 pm »

Continue on justice-flamed flailing of sword at wisp.
((Dead wisp?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 12, 2012, 10:52:58 pm »

((I kind of went GOD OF THUNDAA! on it, so yeah it's dead already, Sky.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #143 on: June 12, 2012, 10:59:34 pm »

((Edited with more character and less laziness. I think I'll go to bed now. xD))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 12, 2012, 11:40:50 pm »

(("Thunda, Thunda, THUNDACATS HOOOOOOOOO!" Except that you're a birdman. D:))

Derm

You take the feather from where it fell and start off on a lovely stroll through the smoldering forest. As you pick it up, you notice yourself become noticably heavier; you leave deep footprints in the hard-packed dirt of the road, and each step requires much more effort than usual. Small patterns of frost form in your footprints and quickly melt away.

1 Frostwisp Feather get.
____

Aero

You offer Sinterous a lift out of the forest, but he ignores you. A few moments later, you see that Derm has a large, half-melted spike of ice stuck in his leg, and offer him help instead. He accepts, and you lift him towards the canopy, trying to find a way through. [6] Both of you stare hard at the branches before glancing down at someone...

While you look away, the branches bend and sway, opening a hole for you. Your heads are dusted with leaves.
____

Talendir

Apparently unfazed by the flames slowly spreading from the lightning strike, you continue walking at a steady pace along the road.
____

Hedric

You beg Derm to give you the feather, offering up your supposed expertise as a fence appraiser. He snubs you, and you try to catch him, taking the feather. After all, if other people want shiny magic items, they must be shiny magic items! [2] v. [5] You utterly fail to reach Derm, seeing as he is currently being lifted through a hole in the trees by Aero, who offers a few words of mediation.

____

Sinterous

You stroke your magic ball, whispering to yourself, trying to levitate a chunk of earth from the road as a makeshift flying platform. [2] You fail utterly. You wonder if Levitation is really capable of that sort of physical force.

-4 MP
____

Mina

For a moment, you heft your sword to smite the evil, tainted, demonic, unlawful glowing orb of magical light, before remembering the events of the past few seconds. With a mental laugh, you sheath your sword and continue down the road.
____

Aero and Derm can see out over the forested hills; the fire is relatively contained, and the forest gives way to more open land several hours to the east. A small village is visible in a shallow valley, smoke rising from chimneys. A number of terraced farms rise up along the hillside above it, further surmounted by a crude wooden watchtower. The sun has begun to sink. Below you, the leafy green ocean of trees is rather thick and foreboding. To the north, you can see the broken stump of an old stone tower rise up through the overlapping branches. A large flock of crows (according to Aero; Derm can hardly even tell that they're birds at this distance) rises from it, circling several times before heading toward the two of you.

You hover for a few minutes, taking this in, and trying to decide what to do.

Talendir and Mina continue down the road, followed shortly by a disgruntled Hedric and Sinterous (the Magnificent!). The four of you walk for several minutes, waiting to hear from the two who flew above the trees, when you come upon a stream flowing near-perpendicular to the road. It is wide, and perhaps six or seven meters across, but appears to be relatively shallow. There is no bridge, but you see nothing to prevent you from walking across. You can't see any footprints leading in or out, but the wagon ruts in the road lead straight in, and a matching set rise from the far side.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 13, 2012, 12:02:53 am »

((Oh, what what would I do without you guys correcting my dumb typos? Also, Dice, how much MP did my Thor stunt take up?))
Aero called a rainstorm down onto the forest fire, then spun to give Derm a better view of the area. fly Derm to the village.
"So, can you handle finding our teammates? I'm going to try and tame those crows."
"Watch those crows, make sure they don't get away."
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:24:41 am by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 13, 2012, 12:04:24 am »

((@Spinal_Taper: Your status should have your HP and MP.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 13, 2012, 12:07:21 am »

Take a moment to write a spell, specifically a cone-shaped burst of absolutely freezing air.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 13, 2012, 01:05:36 am »

((No treasure!  :( ))
"Hmm... I know poisoned water when I see it!"
Hedric climbs up a tree next to the river, and jumps across to a tree on the other side!

Stats: HP: 35/35
MP: 0/0
Skills:Nimble Hands, Leaps and Bounds.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 13, 2012, 09:38:26 am »

"Thanks, I wouldn't have been able to do that without you. Stupid in hindsight, swinging a sword at a wisp".
Talendir stared at Mina. He didn't even try and pretend he cared about the woman who he was now fairly sure was a paladin. He was still deciding whether he should or not confront her as soon as they got to the next settlement.

"Whatever."

Wait and see if Mina is harmed while walking through the river.

If so, find a tree and knock it down to make a bridge. Then Keep walking.

If not, Keep walking.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:26:11 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36