Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Progress :: Never Split the Party, Scooby Doo  (Read 47691 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: (6/6) :: Stop Hitting Yourself
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2012, 09:36:44 am »

"Finally. You bunch are slow as bricks, you know that?"
"Just shut up and keep walking."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: (6/6) :: ♪On the Road Again♬
« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2012, 10:54:31 am »

Throw the sphere high into the air, extending a hand and letting the sphere fall to a stop above it before repeating. Continue walking.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((How are the blank scrolls used. Am I able to invent spells?))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2012, 12:46:01 pm »

((How are the blank scrolls used. Am I able to invent spells?))

((Basically, you can attempt to create a new spell. You give me the effect you want, with a specific role [In other words, you could attempt to create "an offensive ice spell", and the result would be some sort of attack spell that uses ice, with the strength/usefulness determined by the roll for spell creation. So a 3 might give you a weak spell that causes mild frostbite for a small amount of MP and has a mild drawback; a 5 would give you a strong spell with MP costs in line with your other spells; a 6 would give you a strong spell with negative side effects on casting; a 1 would mean you ruined the scroll, and so on.]

You'll get a +1 to the roll if it is a spell type you have seen used before, and you might get a -1 if you try to create a really over-the-top spell for your point in the game; trying to create a Meteor equivalent right now would take a lot of luck to get right, whereas trying to create it quite a bit further on would be more likely.))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2012, 04:20:25 pm »

"Now, why did you do that? I was about to resolve the situation!"
Aero says, as he walks down the road, clearly in a huff.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2012, 05:12:17 pm »

"Who's Haedric? Definitely not me. And why would anyone have a gem? The only way to have a gem is to be royalty, and we have no royalty. Nope. None at all."

Hedric starts walking quickly away from derm.

Stats: HP: 35/35
MP: 0/0
Skills:Nimble Hands, Leaps and Bounds.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2012, 06:32:13 pm »

Party

You walk down the road.

____

Sinterous

As you walk, you toss and catch your focus a few times experimentally; the spell seems to be holding up perfectly.

____

Hedric

You make sure to stay as far away from Derm as the road allows.

____

After around thirty-five minutes, you reach the edge of the forest and pass under the crumbling stone arch. The trees grow tall and wide, interlocking branches allowing only a few rays of sunlight to reach the forest floor. If it weren't for the darkness, you feel that you could see quite far, as few bushes grow between the old, thick trees. What grasses and fungi there are hardly reach past your shins. The air chills slightly, more so than simply being out of the sun would cause. A bobbing cyan light hovers above the road about a dozen meters farther into the forest. The glow it emits doesn't seem to reach far from it, and pulses in a short cycle. It darts back and forth as if encouraging you to follow.

3. Run Resize Enable

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: (6/6) :: Hey! Listen!
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2012, 06:41:25 pm »

Keep walking.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2012, 06:46:48 pm »

Hedric's eyes flicked back and forth, as he felt a sense of unease. He hated dark forests- They were the perfect places for ambushes.
"Hey, could you please stop making that light? It makes me feel... Kinda worried..."
Hedric suddenly breaks into a trot.

Stats: HP: 35/35
MP: 0/0
Skills:Nimble Hands, Leaps and Bounds.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2012, 06:50:40 pm »

"Go bother someone else."

Levitate the light away from the path and keep walking. If it does anything threatening, repeatedly bash it against a tree.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2012, 07:15:44 pm »

"A Will-o-Wisp eh? Their dust is very useful..."

Increase it's gravity field significantly. Harvest remains.

HP: 30/30
MP: 29/40 (Regens 5 MP/turn)
Inventory: Towering Pillar of hats.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: The Forest
« Reply #115 on: June 09, 2012, 07:43:28 pm »

((Just a bit of notice, but as of Monday I'm going to be really busy and might not be able to do updates right away.

3. Run Resize Enable

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 09, 2012, 07:49:36 pm »

Chase the light!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2012, 08:26:15 pm »

Just keep walking.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2012, 11:05:09 am »

Talendir

You ignore the light, walking past it without changing pace.
____

Hedric

You trot past Talendir and the orb, asking nobody in particular to stop making the light.

The orb's glow dims for a moment, then intensifies. You hear a faint whispering in your head.

Kill, devour, kill...
____

Sinterous

You attempt to levitate the orb of light away from the path [1], but your spell doesn't seem to have any effect. The orb weaves back and forth a bit; the temperature drops noticably and frost begins to form on the grass and leaves. The orb's glow brightens further. You hear murmurs, but they aren't loud enough for you to understand.

-4MP
____

Derm

You weave your power, trying to intensify the pull of gravity on the orb. [3] You feel your tendrils of energy catch for a moment, but they pass through. Traces of white crackle through the cyan glow.

-6 MP
____

Aero

You run at the light, trying to chase it. [6] You grab on to it, though it seems rather insubstantial. A broken, shaky voice speaks, "Poo-ooorly d-done!"
____

Mina

You walk past the orb and the fool hanging from it, trying to ignore the voice and changes in temperature and light.

____

The orb growls, somehow, and the air hums with raw power. Patches of ice grow across the road and along the trees. A moment later, spikes of ice erupt, thrusting themselves at you!
____

Talendir: You feel a cold breeze and turn; a shard of ice is flying towards you! [1] v. [4] Thankfully, it doesn't have enough momentum and rebounds off of the road several meters away. You sidestep as it skids past you.
____

Hedric: You hear noises behind you and turn to see what is happening. A patch of ice to your left quivers and a large spike stabs at your stomach. [3] v. [5] You jump, landing atop the spike and stab down with your dirk, breaking the ice into fist-sized chunks.
____

Sinterous: Musing over your failed spell, you don't notice the spear of ice stabbing at you from behind. [3] v. [1] It slashes through your clothing, missing you by less than a centimeter! You slip on a patch of ice, smashing your face into it.

-2 HP
____

Derm: Ice stabs from a patch nearly underneath your feet ([6] v. [1.]), cutting along your leg and penetrating deep into your thigh! The shard of ice overextends and breaks off, stuck in your leg.

-12 HP
____

Aero: You notice a bit of movement behind you and let go of the orb. [2] v. [4] A spike of ice shoots through the empty space where you were a moment ago.
____

Mina: As you walk past the orb a fragment of ice is projected from a block of the stuff in the crook of a tree, heading straight at your head. [3] v. [4] You duck, and the ice lands on the road several meters behind you.
____

A scream echoes through the forest and the ice spreads further. The temperature is very low; your breath fogs the air and several of you shiver slightly.

3. Run Resize Enable

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: Ice, Ice Baby
« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2012, 11:27:44 am »

Launch some of the nearby spikes of ice at the orb using Levitate.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36