Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Progress :: Never Split the Party, Scooby Doo  (Read 47737 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((@GM: Yes, thank you, it helped. :) I was asking mostly because Talendir had taken a lot of damage when compared to Mina's even poorer rolls and inferior armor. But the system is arbitrary, so there is that. Well, he did get a free dodge out of an attack that should have hit the turn before this one. :P))

Talendir clenches his teeth and furrows his brow as he retreats after the attack. If the daemon is stupid enough to leave itself wide open while building a gateway, then it must be just asking for retribution. He looks towards the skies and stares at Aero for a moment. It seems the birdman can't think of an offensive spell other than calling lightning upon enemies. He really should update his repertoire.

The sorcerer keeps floating helplessly...And the rogue suddenly pops in the plane of existence. The latter is certainly unexpected.

His eyes quickly flit to the paladin to check on her state... And he catches the female touching herself and somehow appearing better than she was before. He shrugs at the scene and gets his focus back to the fight. Paladins.

Move to the demon's back while he is busy building the gateway, grab his head and twist it until his neck snaps. Then rip his head off.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 03:10:22 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: Lay on Hands
« Reply #286 on: August 01, 2012, 11:56:04 am »

Grimacing and climbing to his feet, Sinterous turned to see the party's rogue falling from the sky.
"Oh hai, Hedric. How was your vacation? If you're wondering where your gemstone went, it's that large fellow over there."

Spray the gateway with freezing air to slow its construction down.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 01, 2012, 12:09:04 pm »

Derm frowned as he continued drifting higher into the air. 'This... is not entirely what I had hoped for.'

Thinking for a few moments, he snapped his fingers.

Increase my air resistance to a bit less than water. Swim towards the battle.

HP: 25/30
MP: 19/41
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 01, 2012, 02:48:15 pm »

"Tsk.. Tsk.. Tsk.. If da spear of ice and massive lightning bolt didn't tell ya not to mess with us, maybe dis will help you get the point"
Aero circled round to the demons face, continuing the bad one-liner spray. Once near its face, he hurled a javelin into its eyes or other most fleshy point.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 05:06:29 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 03, 2012, 03:22:47 pm »

(yay)
(Also, I just have a hilarious image of Derm swimming in mid-air with his big hat and robes XD)
(Final also: Man, am I glad that 1 and 2 didn't go much much worse...)

Lei stumbled, and suddenly realised she ought to have assessed herself, instead of being so caught up in the moment. But with the imminent presence of others stalking her, she couldn't stay. ''Oh gods...'' She cried weakly, trying to assess her options, holding her staff close. She didn't stop running though. She gave another mental scan as she went, this time more general, so as to know distances between her and those around her.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 04, 2012, 06:55:23 am »

((Sooo, just letting everyone know: I'm going to be gone for a day or two, but after that I'm officially done with my monumentally shitty job for the season and will have a couple weeks of near-complete free time before going back to uni, so updates will only be restricted by my own motivation.))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 06, 2012, 10:09:13 am »

((Eheh, plenty of free time to update now. Still waiting on borno and Skyrunner;) ))

3. Run Resize Enable

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #292 on: August 06, 2012, 10:22:45 am »

(Forgive me for not posting my character sheet, or writing this short. No time, no battery, no accuracy Dx)

Mina slowly tries to circle the daemon and get to its back, then attacks. Pain. Lessened by the light, sure, but still pain. But a paladin must endure it for good, and so Mina will endure it for good too.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 06, 2012, 05:47:16 pm »

((Eheh, plenty of free time to update now. Still waiting on borno and Skyrunner;) ))
(Forgive me for not posting my character sheet... No time, no battery, no accuracy Dx)
((Will post this waitlister's sheet...soon!))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 06, 2012, 06:06:28 pm »

(Forgive me for not posting my character sheet... No time, no battery, no accuracy Dx)
((Will post this waitlister's sheet...soon!))
((And that'll bring us up to 8 players—my favorite number! Luckily enough, the class you selected will be rather useful in the near future. Incidentally, I think I'll implement a policy where if all save one of the players have posted their actions and the final player doesn't do anything for a day or two, I'll go ahead and roll up the turn to avoid making everyone else wait on them. I'll give borno until 11:00pm EST before I start working on the turn.))

3. Run Resize Enable

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 06, 2012, 11:35:06 pm »

((Sorry for holding everyone up.))

"What? That can't be my gem, it's too... Alive!"
Hedric starts frantically searching through all of the pockets, hidden folds, and holes in his suit.
"Ugh! Where could it be?!"
Suddenly he realizes that the rest of the party is in danger. With a sigh, he scans the ground for any rocks, pebbles, or anything that he could throw while still retaining a safe distance from the monster.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 06, 2012, 11:36:58 pm »

((Cutting it to the wires edge, ain't ya?))
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 07, 2012, 01:40:41 am »

((Heh, more like fashionably late.))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: But This Isn't Mars...
« Reply #298 on: August 07, 2012, 03:48:11 pm »

Talendir

You carefully circle around behind the demon and [2] tug on one of the daemon's horns. It doesn't appear to notice you. That, or it just doesn't care.
____

Sinterous

Casually greeting Hedric, you extend a hand towards the half-assembled gateway/daemon. With a few sweeping movements you [3] emit a small sputter of cool air. This has never happened before, you swear!

-6 MP
____

Derm

Deciding that drifting off into the aether is not the most promising of futures, you snap your fingers and [6] increase your personal air resistance to allow you to swim through the air as if through water. Unfortunately, the air being as thick as water makes it rather difficult to breathe. You struggle for each lungful of fresh air as you pull yourself towards the hilltop.

-9 MP
____

Aero

As you continue to indulge in punnery, you fly towards the daemon's face with a javelin readied. You're barely five meters away, so close that you can't possibly see yourself missing. [2] The javelin goes horribly off course, slipping from your hand in the middle of the throw and flying off into the darkness.

-1 Javelin
____

Lei

Desperately trying to reach the otherworldly abomination and group of possibly unhinged adventurers at the top of the hill, you continue to run as you clutch your staff close. Sending out a more directed mental pulse, you [2] fail to sense anything at all, instead receiving a touch of static that causes you to stumble slightly. Taking in deep, gasping breathes, you pull yourself over the top of the hill and see a group of people confronting what looks like a large mount of flesh and bone. The shadowy figures continue to follow you at a slightly slower pace; they are still have more than a quarter of the hill to cover.
____

Mina

Feeling a bit better after that unplanned healing session, you circle around the daemon a few steps behind Talendir before striking towards the wall of bone and muscle that still bears a passing likeness to its back. [2 + 1] Your blade skips off of a ivory plate, chipping off a tiny fragment of bone.
____

Hedric

Giving up the gem as a lost cause, you search for small things to throw at the pile of wrongness. [6] You see a glint of metal at the base of one of the freshly revealed standing stones and dig it out, recovering a finely crafted knife. The blade has the unmistakeable watery appearance of damascus steel and is coated in a bluish aura. As your hand closes on the hilt, you realize that it is perfectly balanced for both throwing and hand to hand combat. A moment later a hot, searing pain runs up your arm, following behind a spiraling tracery of glowing runes. A feeling of permanence settles over you, and you feel a slight drain as the burning fades.

-1 HP

Gain: Enchanted Knife (???)

((Yes, you'll be able to find out what the knife does. But you'll need someone with a lot of luck or a bit of relevant skill to examine it.))
____

The autoassembling daemon/gate continues to work. It is a bit more than 80% complete.

[3]; [1]; [6]; [5]; [2]; [2]

As Derm continues to swim towards the hill, he notices a crowd of shadow-shrouded figures ascending from the village. Aero, trying to track the flight of his javelin, sees the same.

((For those who are curious, there probably won't be any fatalities from Derm's experiment with radiation--I estimated the exposure of the worse off of the two who got hit to be around 2 Gy, and the mortality rate for that without care can get as low as 5%. So a good couple saving or healing rolls might prevent a really nasty death from overexposure to gamma rays.))

3. Run Resize Enable

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: But This Isn't Mars...
« Reply #299 on: August 07, 2012, 04:05:46 pm »

'Right. This is getting annoying. Demon or shadows... Demon now shadows later. Idea!'

Sharply raise a pillar of earth underneath one of the demons feet.

HP: 25/30
MP: 15/41
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36