Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Progress :: Never Split the Party, Scooby Doo  (Read 47748 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: Uh-Oh
« Reply #255 on: July 10, 2012, 05:56:19 pm »

((I popped in to say Spinal repeatedly calling himself attractive is probably reflex of deep parental issues, low self-esteem and a possible forbidden love with a relative.

And nah, Mina is not like that. Sky's (and for that matter, anyone's) attempt to throw that :3 do not work.

Edit: Freudian explanations rock.))
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 05:59:04 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 10, 2012, 06:04:05 pm »

((I popped in to say Spinal repeatedly calling himself attractive is probably reflex of deep parental issues, low self-esteem and a possible forbidden love with a relative.

And nah, Mina is not like that. Sky's (and for that matter, anyone's) attempt to throw that :3 do not work.

Edit: Freudian explanations rock.))
((WE HAVE A WINNER! Great job Caellath, who guessed my confidence issues. Unfortunatly, no prize.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 10, 2012, 06:09:28 pm »

((What are you even talking about?))
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 10, 2012, 06:15:37 pm »

((What are you even talking about?))
((I think it was about yandere vs. tsundere, then Caellath went all Freud. Then everyone learned how wierd I am.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 10, 2012, 06:26:39 pm »

((Yeah, and for clarification purposes, there are three main types of yandere: The ones who kill the lover and the ones who kill anyone else who isn't her lover instead. And the third, which is prone to both options.

@Spinal_Taper: I had picked not commenting at the "yandere" and Sky's ":3" matter just because I didn't think it was necessary and also due to the fact Mina does not have the traits of a yandere, but your intervention gave me material I could not waste.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 10, 2012, 06:38:45 pm »

((Wow, I should probrably learn when not to comment on things.
And about the yandere bit, I know Mina isn't one, I had tsundere and yandere mixed up.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 10, 2012, 06:41:47 pm »

((Wow, I should probrably learn when not to comment on things.
And about the yandere bit, I know Mina isn't one, I had tsundere and yandere mixed up.))
((Yeah I saw that. But thanks for the opportunity, keep up the good work. :P

Which remembers me, is Aero going to help fight off the giant eldritch abomination?

Edit: I ask that because Talendir will "accidentally" trip Mina into one of the monster's mouths, so we need help to deal with the monster after she is unfortunately killed during the battle.))
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:46:17 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 10, 2012, 06:50:17 pm »

Which remembers me, is Aero going to help fight off the giant eldritch abomination?
((Probrably.))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 10, 2012, 07:17:47 pm »

((I think that that was more horrifying than anything I could have come out of that crit failure.  :P

Update(s) on Thursday. Shit, I just gave myself a deadline, now it'll never get done.))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 12, 2012, 08:28:12 pm »

Derm

Moments after feeling that pulse of wrongness, you [3] attempt to magically view Sinterous, but can only see a wavering blur in the air.

You hear a weak voice screaming for help. It appears to be coming from the floor beneath the curtained-off section of the hall, and offers assistance against whatever it is that that foolish meddler called from beyond the veil of time and space.
____

Talendir

Hearing the cry, you look up [4], noticing a disturbing glow near the crest of one of the hills above the village. Knowing that it is likely Sinterous up there, you race to his defence [6] and somehow manage to cross the village and run up the side of a hill in less than a minute, despite the weight of your armor. Taking a defensive stance in front of the squishy wizard, you attempt to determine some method for attacking the writhing mass of flesh and bone before you. [3] You can't determine any sort of visible weakness, and the thing is still growing out and up.
____

Sinterous

Realizing that randomly prodding unknown artifacts from other planes might not have been the best of ideas, you attempt to sunder the altar. [3] You knock some dust and dirt from the worn stone, but otherwise leave it unharmed.

-8MP
____

Aero

You ask the woman if otherworldly screaming is the norm around here, preparing to call down lightning if you don't like the response.

She responds with a smirk, "Not quite; it is usually much more... human." Her skin begins to burn and peel away, a mass of orange-purple ooze leaking from her skull and chest cavity. Deciding that discretion is indeed the better part of valour, you [2] attempt to zap the thing with lightning from the heavens, but the night sky remains cloudless and calm.

-4 MP
____

Lei

You shout for help, trying to project your weak voice through the solid iron and stone of your cell. [5] ((See above.))
____

Mina

Embracing the true paladin mindset, you charge off in the wake of a comrade who hates you, determined to smite some sort of evil tonight. [5] You reach the hill moments after Talendir, and without any hesitation continue to charge at the still-forming daemon.

[5 + 1] v.  [2]

You leap onto its back, stabbing deep with your holy blade! A spray of blood washes over you as the thing howls in pain, the sheer volume shaking your bones.
____

The remnants of its human shell fallen, the slime-creature crawls over Aero's prone form [2] v. [3], doing essentially nothing.
____

Upon the hill, the daemon has completely assembled its mortal shell. It stands more than 25 feet in height, a mass of muscle and bone,
armored with thick ivory plates and spikes. The ground smokes beneath its feet as the knee-deep grass withers. It roars in anger, and brings one fist down towards Sinterous and Talendir.

[2] v. [4 - 1] Sinterous staggers as hardened fingers crash into the ground just in front of him, falling back a few steps before catching himself.

[5] v. [2 + 1] In his efforts to defend Sinterous, Talendir fails to dodge the daemon's blow, taking the hit on his shield. His feet sink into the ground as he holds the slightly dented heater shield up, supporting it with his sword-arm.

-9 HP (Talendir)
____

As Mina clings the hilt of her sword while trying to keep her feet planted on the slick muscle and bone, the daemon reaches back with its other arm, clawing at her. [6] v. [1] The creature rips Mina away, drawing her sword out as well. It wraps its fingers around her, attempting to crush her to a pulp! She is now trapped in its fist, though she still has her sword.

-15 HP
____

((Things aren't looking so hot for our crusader for Lawful Good, eh?))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 12, 2012, 08:37:52 pm »

Almost absent-minded blasting the origin of the voice with elementally neutral force, Derm rebounded outside. Spotting the fighting in the distance, he smirked to himself. 'Finally, something big.'

Kicking off a nearby pillar, Derm begins to carve out reality.

Destroy the part of the floor what the voice is originating from.

Send forth a sphere astral fire (Read: magical term for radiation.) onto the hell beast.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 12, 2012, 08:41:22 pm »

"Eww. Gross. I knew I melted the ladies with a glance, but this is a bit extreme."
Aero continued trying to be funny as he fled the premises, flying to assist his team. He calls down rain to wash slime-lady off of him.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: Yet Another New Title
« Reply #267 on: July 12, 2012, 09:27:48 pm »

((@GM: Did Hardened come into play there? And does the combat system take the difference between rolls in consideration?))

Talendir grimaces a little as his boots sink into the ground, not from pain, but from concentration as he absorbs the blow. His eyes focus at the giant daemon holding the paladin as he moves out of the small holes created by his own feet, still keeping his defensive posture. "Move back until you are safe." he roars at the wizard nearby. He can't blame the older man, after all, magic can be treacherous and curiosity is a strong driving force.

The soldier watches as the demon quickly picks the paladins off from his body and starts to crush her in his grip. Talendir is confused for a moment before he makes his decision, although he is sure it will leave him with a sour aftertaste "Dying while fighting a daemon is too good a death for your kind!" he shouts before charging the tainted mass of muscles and bones.

Try to help and defend Mina, taking comfort in the fact she'll be indebted to him if he manages to do it. Since she is already setting herself free from the daemon's grip, cut his achilles tendon to distract him from her. If he drops, stab him in the face. Get back to a defensive stance -raising the battered shield once more - immediately.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:49:18 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #268 on: July 12, 2012, 09:50:14 pm »

Something snapped in Mina's body, but the pain had to rip, tear, and claw its way through her nervous system to be registered in the brain. And even then, it had to stand in a long line consisting mainly of itself, but also sound, taste, and a few miscellaneous sensory stragglers. Pain could not brush off the feeling that it had been tricked. It tapped its foot impatiently to be processed.

Meanwhile, in Mina's higher brain, something clicked into place, adding the information of the beast with what Talendir had said. A daemon! It is an opposite being of everything Paladins are for.

"I have a duty I'm sworn," states Mina calmly, taking advantage of the strange temporal quality of delivering lines without being pressed for time, "and by the Light, to it I am bound for all eternity. I shall stand as its sword and shield forevermore."

Mina then proceeded to try and slice off the demon's wrist.

(+2 damage from sword; +1 to action of slicing by oath.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((I hope changing the oath slightly is acceptable >.>))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

lopocozo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 12, 2012, 09:51:41 pm »

If I could, i'd like too be waitlisted or something, this looks like too much fun!
Generation 12 The First time you see this copy it into your sig and add one. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36