Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Progress :: Never Split the Party, Scooby Doo  (Read 47717 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: Hoo Boy...
« Reply #195 on: June 16, 2012, 10:56:00 am »

((Man, everyone is getting bonuses left right and center.))

((More like everyone getting too damn lucky on their rolls keeping me from giving them horrible debuffs/deaths. The result for a 1 on that infestation check? You are all familiar with that zombie-ant fungus that takes over their brains, makes them climb up high, and then explodes out of their heads? Yeah. :3

Incidentally, borno dropped out of BMXXXIV recently & said that he won't be coming to B12 much; I'll poke him in a bit and see if he wants to go inactive and let someone from the waitlist/sub in someone if he doesn't respond.

On another note, there are ways to get things like these infestations removed. That, and they might make certain groups and individuals less than happy.))
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 11:06:16 am by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 16, 2012, 04:57:07 pm »

Derm

Coughing, you call out to the two,"Hello there!"

They whip around, weapons raised. You examine each other carefully for a moment before the woman with the dagger and satchel calls back, "Who are you, and what business do you have in this place?"

The man with the spear half-turns back towards where they had been facing, apparently trying to watch both the forest as well as you and Aero.
____

Sinterous

With one hand on your focus, you raise the other again, putting examination of the strange growth off until later, projecting another blast of freezing air at the mass of flesh and wood, [4] v. [1], freezing it solid! The glow from your head and skin reflects from the many-faceted surface of what was once a flower.
____

Mina

Part of you is in shock, trying to process what has just happened, to comprehend this unexpected corruption of your humanity. Thankfully for your sake, another part of you is more confused and revolted than anything else, shrugging and continuing down the road.
____

Aero

Lowering Derm to the ground, you casually wave and walk towards the two, greeting them, "Hey? S'up, guys?"
____

Talendir

Walking down the road with the rest of the company, you needle Mina, "What of your purity now, paladin?" You smile faintly. It was rather nice, seeing hypocritical scum brought low in such a humiliating manner.

Mina silently brushes her skin and hair with light fingers as she walks, ignoring you so completely that you wonder if she even heard you speak.
____

Talendir, Mina, Sinterous, Hedric:

You continue walking for several minutes, but pause as you see a clearing off to the right of the road ahead, with four figures standing in it. Two appear to be vaguely familiar.
____

((Can you tell us what the bad results were? Curiosity :P I wonder if ... being body usurped was in there >.>))

((As above, zombie-fungus with head explosions; mental disabilities from turning into a plant a little too much; ending up with a hornet nest in your chest cavity, with the caveat that they treated the human parts of you as hostile; a tree growing rapidly within your body and pulling an Alienesque chestburster scene in a dozen turns or so; etc. In other words, whatever horrible, nasty things I could think of.

There may also be events in the future that force you two to make additional checks for the infestation spreading, if you don't do anything to get it removed. Those rolls could result in anything from additional benefits, to losing the infestion, to losing it but being partially crippled by it, to having it do nasty things to you or kill you.))

((Re: the above post: I've messaged borno, and will inactive-list him if he hasn't responded in a few days; he'll just be assumed to be following the party but not participating until then, if he doesn't post any actions. I've also messaged Maximum McDreich and Tiruin, and will add either or both of them to the game if they're still interested.))
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 05:00:06 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 16, 2012, 05:00:00 pm »

"A couple schmucks what killed a wisp. Currently seeking help for a large shard of ice that got crammed into my leg."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 16, 2012, 05:14:30 pm »

"Yeah, what he said. You guys know medicine?"

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 16, 2012, 06:43:35 pm »

Exert magnificent mind-power upon the fungal symbiote to make sure it's completely under control and doesn't get any ideas about further colonization. Observe conversation.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 16, 2012, 06:57:37 pm »

Talendir turns back and stares at the female paladin. He has already seen that expression and behavior in other people; she seems to be in a state of shock or dangerously close to it. The paladin is unresponsive and eerie...

Even though his smile has already faded back into his usual expression, the knight still feels better than before.

Watch the confrontation and defend any companion in danger except the paladin.

Defend the strangers if such is needed (as in unprovoked attack on our side or other threats).

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #201 on: June 16, 2012, 07:05:29 pm »

"Grow, merge, defend, consume," mutters Mina under her breath. The words seem to be coming from somewhere, but it's hard to tell.

She blinks, then shakes her head in an attempt to clear her mind. She faintly remembered someone talking to her. Soldier?

Mina turns around and says,

"What did you say?" to Talendir.
No angry inflection. Her expression was a bit more serene, and not in a paladin-way, either.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 16, 2012, 07:10:32 pm »

"What did you say?" to Talendir.
Talendir turned his head to address the paladin, his face now back to one of a conformed man who has seen too much for his comparatively short life.
"I asked what has become of your purity, paladin. As far as I can see, you have been corrupted by some kind of parasite, and I do not think that is readily accepted by paladins."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #203 on: June 16, 2012, 07:18:21 pm »

Mina pondered the question for a bit.

She slowly said,
"Well... I suppose that's right. Not pure. Impure. But maybe better."
Mina added in a stiffer tone, "I also do not recall any statements in the Unabridged Code of Paladins, revised edition seven, about the acceptability of parasites or any similar. The closest I can remember is §729.22Iib, which is strictly about undead parasites."

After an increasingly sheepish silence at the probable look on Talendir's face, Mina said,
"So...yeah."

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 16, 2012, 07:39:54 pm »

Talendir shrugged before answering her.

"Sure then, but remember you are now inhuman. If we happen to meet more paladins, I am fairly sure they will be interested by your 'improvements'. After all, I have seen these fine individuals attacking to kill for lesser offenses."
>Yes?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 19, 2012, 05:54:49 pm »

((I've been PMed by Skyrunner; she's going to be gone all week. Borno is dropping out, and both Tiruin and Maximum McDreich are going to be added in. Currently in a busy/stressed time at work so I'm going to take the opportunity to slack off think carefully about how I'll get things back together and write up a few new starter classes for those two. I'm not going to give a specific date for an update because that'd be the one thing to make me not update on time, so I'll just say: before next week.))

3. Run Resize Enable

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 19, 2012, 06:21:00 pm »

((So, borno is dropping and Sky is gone for the week. How will you deal with borno's character and does that also means Sky decided to drop out of the game?))
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 19, 2012, 09:12:35 pm »

((I've been PMed by Skyrunner; she's going to be gone all week.))
D:

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #208 on: June 24, 2012, 04:38:42 pm »

((So, borno is dropping and Sky is gone for the week. How will you deal with borno's character and does that also means Sky decided to drop out of the game?))

Non! D:
I just meant I wasn't going to be here for that week so just do turns without me.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 27, 2012, 08:47:43 pm »

((And this is why I shouldn't ever set deadlines for myself. Ever. New players will enter the party in the upcoming (ingame) night/whenever they choose a class after that point.))

____

Derm & Aero

You cut to the chase, and briefly wonder why you're in a forest instead of a large city. [4] The two people seem to believe you, and the one with the satchel approaches while the other stays near the edge of the clearing. She examines Derm's injury [5] and starts working on it, removing what was left of the ice. She then digs a pestle and mortar from the satchel, crushing a number of round, broad leaves and applying the paste to the wound, claiming that the "planmaj" will help keep the wound sealed.

Derm: +3 HP
____

Sinterous

It is quite obvious that no mere fungus could ever match the glory of your mind; in order to reinforce this, you look inward, examining the new addition to your body. [5] You confirm that the symbiote is completely benign, at least for the moment.
____

Talendir

You stare at the paladin for a moment, rather pleased with the outcome of the encounter with the parasite. You keep walking forward, putting yourself at an equal distance from the two groups, ready to defend any of them except Mina. The stranger with the spear notices you and calls out; the other three glance up. You recognize Derm and Aero.
____

Mina

Feeling rather out of sorts, you shake off a strange feeling and turn towards Talendir, asking rather eerily if he had said something to you. He turns with a cold look in his eyes, commenting on the affect of your infestation on your oath. You consider the statement for a moment, then a switch clicks in your head and you note in a slightly different tone that nothing in the regulations of the Order expressly condemns natural parasites. He shrugs and expresses his doubts regarding the willingness of your comrades to accept that, at least in so many words.
____

You can all see that the few rays of sunlight reaching the clearing are dimmer than when you entered the forest; your best estimate of the time is midafternoon. A shadow slips from tree to tree on the side of the clearing away from the new arrivals. Each of you (as well as the herbalist and her assistant) peer into the shadows, trying to determine what (if anything) is out there. Aero hesitantly mentions a tail.

____

New starting classes for the new players to choose from ahead. Also note that one of you can choose to play Rogue, as that class is now open.

Spoiler: Alchemist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sharpshooter (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kin (click to show/hide)

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36