Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: So Apparently I'm the ForeverAlone Guy  (Read 35537 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: So Apparently I'm the ForeverAlone Guy
« Reply #135 on: August 13, 2012, 03:31:32 am »

Ah. I once dated a girl who was 6'4" and could benchpress 200+ lbs. At the time, I was 4'5", and weighed 85 lbs. She would put me up on her shoulder and carry me like a stuffed toy. It was hilarious.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 13, 2012, 03:33:00 am »

Wait, how old were you?  I seriously cannot see even a guy that short weighing 85lbs without being emaciated.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 13, 2012, 03:40:16 am »

I was really small in high school. At that point...I was 14-15.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kidhedera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2012, 04:12:53 am »

There was a girl in my class at high school who was 6'4". I had *such* a crush on her. She used to tease me by blocking door ways and making me walk under her arm. I was tiny back then, but I'm about 5'7" now, which is alright for a woman I guess.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2012, 04:14:25 am »

I don't think I've ever actually met a woman who was taller than me, which is strange since I'm only about 6'0''.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2012, 05:59:42 am »

Ah. I once dated a girl who was 6'4" and could benchpress 200+ lbs. At the time, I was 4'5", and weighed 85 lbs. She would put me up on her shoulder and carry me like a stuffed toy. It was hilarious.

4'5"!!?

And I thought I was short at that age, at a mere 4'10".

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 13, 2012, 08:00:31 am »

I'm currently 4'26", but I've never dated anyone who wasn't shorter than me by some fair amount.  Two of them were actually at the point where I could comfortably rest my head on top of theirs.

But it was the runt of our room in the military who was the perpetual player.

I think I lost grasp of why this was relevant.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2012, 09:43:15 am »

I'm currently 4'26"
If you're 4 feet and 26 inches, you are over 6 feet tall...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 13, 2012, 11:03:52 am »

I think that was the joke. :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #144 on: August 13, 2012, 11:23:41 am »

I think that was the joke. :P
Oh...

...was it funny?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 13, 2012, 11:34:21 am »

No. Not really.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2012, 01:22:56 pm »

Yes it was.  It was innately and objectively funny.  You philistines just can't appreciate my genius!

Anyways, I do think we're wandering quite a bit.  Now it's how tall people are, next it will be British archaeology.
Massive creds to whoever catches THAT reference...

As for something approaching the subject matter, I will say that I gained something from my experience with online dating.  I only tried the one site, but it did get me into a number of bizarre situations that I will absolutely chalk up to the learning process.  I will say that I got some truly positive lasting benefits from it, but I just cannot bring myself to be bothered with it anymore.  It's artificial, cold, calculating and oftentimes based off of a basic system that simply doesn't work all that well.  I wound up putting an insane amount of work into it, for little to no result most of the time.  And, I was paying for the privilege.

I'm still dating/focusing on the last girl I met via the site, but I've decided that from here on out, for the sake of sparing my sanity (and overall helping my social capabilities), I'll be approaching things the old-fashioned way.

Which, in effect, means casting longing glances at whichever girl is sitting across the tram from me, but never actually doing anything more than that.

Probably doesn't help that I'm currently living in a country where it's apparently considered a mortal sin to talk to strangers.

kidhedera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 13, 2012, 04:34:46 pm »

yeah... sorry about the height based derail, OP!

I met several girls off OKCupid. Years ago before I came out I chatted to some nice geek boys on that site too. Its a fun site, and their matching algorithm is really interesting.

Goacbc

• Bay Watcher
  • Vote or Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 15, 2012, 08:12:57 pm »

When it comes to women, I'm just like fuck it. Women are kinda burdensome. (cause they talk about the stupidest shit.) Hell, marriage seems kinda like a ball and chain to me. I'd rather be single forever, driving whatever car I want, go all over the world, be a badass, and not have to put up with the occasional menstrual cycle.

-Fuck Weak Motherfuckers

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 15, 2012, 08:15:02 pm »

When it comes to women, I'm just like fuck it. Women are kinda burdensome. (cause they talk about the stupidest shit.) Hell, marriage seems kinda like a ball and chain to me. I'd rather be single forever, driving whatever car I want, go all over the world, be a badass, and not have to put up with the occasional menstrual cycle.
Are you saying that because that's how you actually feel, or because that's how you think you're supposed to feel?
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17