Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: So Apparently I'm the ForeverAlone Guy  (Read 35542 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: So Apparently I'm the ForeverAlone Guy
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2012, 10:21:40 pm »

Hell, sometimes that even motivates a woman to woo a man.
A partner should, in a sense, be your best friend.

But my bro's, dude! Come on. Who's going to go to the pub with me every other night? And play action rpg's until 5am? And go to rock clubs? And make whimsical threads about make believe games on forums of dwarves? And go to the gym? And Poultrygiest? And and and

And from that day forth Korbac knew he would never have a girlfriend.

EDIT: I currently have 2 (3 but one's away for the year) of these ultimate bros. Who needs a life partner when you've got ultra mates?  8)
Now imagine having one of those ultra-mates with boobs.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2012, 10:45:26 pm »

By that logic all straight men have been putting all their male friends in the friend zone since the beginning of time.

My god, I've found a gold mine of OOC quotes for the OOCQ thread today. :D
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2012, 10:51:19 pm »

Anyway, I can't wait until I'm no longer forced into being ForeverAloneGuy by my living situation. Student loans and crippling debt for years and years, here I come!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2012, 03:24:47 am »

But my bro's, dude! Come on. Who's going to go to the pub with me every other night? And play action rpg's until 5am? And go to rock clubs? And make whimsical threads about make believe games on forums of dwarves? And go to the gym? And Poultrygiest? And and and
My wife would do or does any/all of that with me. We play games, she tells me funny dwarf fortress stories about her forts while I'm building shit in minecraft. We go out, we stay in, as we like. Its a very close friendship in addition to a loving relationship. A person doesn't need a penis to be your friend. If you find that you only ever want to hang out with male friends, you may need to examine your preferences more closely.  ;)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 04, 2012, 05:05:12 pm »

My wife would do or does any/all of that with me. We play games, she tells me funny dwarf fortress stories about her forts while I'm building shit in minecraft. We go out, we stay in, as we like. Its a very close friendship in addition to a loving relationship. A person doesn't need a penis to be your friend. If you find that you only ever want to hang out with male friends, you may need to examine your preferences more closely.  ;)

I don't know even vaguely of any girls that will do all of this.

I'm probably not looking hard enough.

...Are you sure she'd Poultrygeist? XD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poultrygeist:_Night_of_the_Chicken_Dead

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2012, 07:23:58 pm »

I've seen girls that ignore their boyfriends and play video games while at their house.

I mean, my gender is stereotyped for doing that not the other way around.

These women do exist, but as far as I can tell they are a minority.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2012, 10:16:17 am »

I've seen girls that ignore their boyfriends and play video games while at their house.

As long as you're LANning it, there's no problem.  :P

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2012, 11:55:04 am »

"Jenna?  Have you been raiding with other people?"

"Steven, it's not what you think...  xXmoonBiscuitXx has been there to rez me many times in the past, and we have a true and powerful build compatibility.  You mean a lot to me, and I still favorite you...  But there are some niches I have that you can't qualify for.  I hope we can still be party members after this."

Okay, yeah, I think too much...

I was at a party with one of my girly friends a while back, when an old Gameboy with a Super Mario cartridge started making the rounds.  She not only made sure to get a turn on each circuit, she also trounced me (the only boy playing at that point) and my score/progress.

And that's not even mentioning the gal I was dating before that, who clearly stated that she was looking for a guy who could, eh, "be intimate" with her while she was gaming.

Then again, she also said she wanted to eat bacon off of my privates (and this before our first official date), so maybe we shouldn't be using her as a particularly reasonable example...

Recently, one of my old acquaintances from school put up a request on Facebook for anyone possessing a Nintendo 64 to deliver it to her forthwith.  By no circumstances are these people mythical beings (nor are any of the examples I mentioned by any means unattractive, should someone choose to stereotype).  You just need to crack your eyes open.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2012, 05:12:01 pm »

"Jenna?  Have you been raiding with other people?"

"Steven, it's not what you think...  xXmoonBiscuitXx has been there to rez me many times in the past, and we have a true and powerful build compatibility.  You mean a lot to me, and I still favorite you...  But there are some niches I have that you can't qualify for.  I hope we can still be party members after this."

Kagus, that was amazing. XD

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2012, 10:26:23 pm »

My lesbian best friend is the nerdiest girl I know.

... I... probably am not the best person to be posting in this thread...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kidhedera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 12, 2012, 10:56:03 pm »

Hey man,

I wrote a bunch of stuff, but then it turned into a stupidly long essay. So here's my core bit of advice that I think is underrated: Smile.

Smiling is so important. If you are looking at someone, and they 'catch' you, don't try to look away super fast, just smile at them, nod and then look away. If you are in a group interaction and can't think of anything to say, smile at the people who are doing the talking. If someone is talking to you, and you aren't sure of how to respond, give them a smile and a nod. Smiles make you friendly, approachable, and better looking with little to no effort on your part. (Althought at first remembering to smile instead of hide can be really hard!)

Anyway, best of luck. :)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 12, 2012, 10:59:24 pm »

Hehe, is this a bad time to mention that study that found women find neutral or negative expressions on men to be more attractive than smiling? :P Science is too clinical though, in practice, smiling makes you more approachable. Being hot but unattainable is not good. Being normal but approachable is. :D Whoa, I just out-scienced science. Again. ::)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kidhedera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2012, 01:20:04 am »

Hehe, is this a bad time to mention that study that found women find neutral or negative expressions on men to be more attractive than smiling?  Science is too clinical though, in practice, smiling makes you more approachable. Being hot but unattainable is not good. Being normal but approachable is.  Whoa, I just out-scienced science. Again.

No doubt in some contexts you are right. After all our society does glorify the angry bad boy, the sulking sparkly vampire, the stoic and unapproachable hero type. If it comes to a poster on her bedroom wall, no doubt most ladies would like a nice pin up boy looking sulkily hot, than a pic of a guy from the front of a knitting mag. (Notorious smilers are knitting-mag men). When its assessing whether you are a creeper, dangerous, friendly, approachable, thinking nice things or unkind/creepy things, a smile goes much further than a scowl.
I know I'm much more likely to banter and chat with a conventionally unattractive geek man who's smiling at me, than the handsome fellow who's scowling at me over the lid of his laptop. (I'm a woman now studying computer science, I'm surrounded by socially awkward men all day every day, have been since I started working in IT 5 years ago).

I'm a dyke tho, so I don't know whether I'm a better or worse source of information on what women want when it comes to men! My girlfriend is bisexual, and upon consultation she wants a man who is 'big, sweet and loyal, like a German Shepherd puppy'. :)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 13, 2012, 03:19:43 am »

Why all the love lost for short dudes? C'mon, now.

kidhedera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 13, 2012, 03:28:54 am »

Heh...  she's over six foot, so she's never actually been with a guy taller than her. I think she meant big as in chubby tho, given her dating history. :)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17