Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Roll To Pony, My First RTD  (Read 9452 times)

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Pony, My First RTD
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2012, 08:18:42 am »

"I don't know how you understand that gobbledygook, but I don't think he was talking about the plant; it only turned big once he said those words."
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2012, 01:19:53 am »

"Arright... dat vas a little bit anticlimactic. Miss Sparkle, could you perhaps help me identify dis metal? Even being a blacksmith, I must say its appearance makes me confused."

Bulat produces the strange piece of metal from his saddlebags and puts it on a nearby table.

"It came from de large rock dat fell into de town just recently. And dere vas a strange pony made of light dere as vell, spouting some end-ov-Equestria nonsense in de same kind of, as you put it, "gobbledygook", before disappearing. It might be a matter vorth investigating."
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2012, 04:32:22 pm »

The unicorn inspects the metal, and then surrounds it in a magical aura. A bolt of energy leaps to her horn, causing her to stop the spell. "What the...? The metal not only emits some sort of strange magic, it zapped my horn! Where did you say you got this? A meteorite? I think you should visit Copper, who lives in Canterlot. He's an armorer for the Canterlot Royal Guard and is an expert metallurgist. He should have some equipment to examine it." She hands you a bag of bits. "This is for the airship fair."

(P.s. IDK where my dad went, so I'll be taking GB.)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2012, 08:08:44 am »

((OOC: Can you switch to something different for Twilight's text? Like #D2A0E6 her coat color, for instance? For the benefit of us people using Darkling? Or at least #D0A0D0, if the other is hard to remember.))

Bulat hesitates for a moment, but is ultimately unable to resist money being offered. He puts the sack of bits and the piece of metal into his saddlebags, thanks Twilight, and turns to his companions.

"So den. I vill probably go to investigate dis strange metal forst and formost. I beliv it has some importance beyond just being from a piece of meteorite. I suggest ve take some time to gadder vat ve vill need and meet up at de airship dock. Assuming you two vant to go, of course."

With that, he leaves the library and heads for his smithy situated in a small house on the eastern edge of town.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2012, 03:23:52 pm »

"Yeah, I mean, if that stuff is magical, it might help in our quest to figure out what that whole"*waves hooves around in circles*"'Destroy the world' business. I mean, he's like some alien dude who is obviously not trying to do good. I think I whe should go to the market for supplies." He motions to the door. "Let's go."
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 08:36:40 am by CyberUrist »

Andal

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning! Fourth wall breached!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2012, 11:25:51 pm »

"I guess that is a logical course of action. I need to gather some things from home, but then I'll meet you all at the dock."

Cress glances at the newly christened "Chompy".

"Oh dear, what am I going to do with this sweet little thing? I can't leave little Chompy-whompy home alone."

He ponders the problem for a moment, then glances up with a gleam in his eye.

"I have it! What a brilliant solution, if I may say so myself!"

He turns his magic on Chompy, uttering "Herba crura".

((Attempting to give Chompy leg-like appendages.))
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2012, 08:44:41 am »

*Schloooorp* 'Chompy' grows legs complete with feet. It stumbles around for a bit before figuring out how to use his new legs. He seems to not crave for pony flesh anymore. "Wow, congrats Cress. You just domesticated a darn PLANT. That's gotta be quite an achievement."

You walk out the door and walk down the street, eventually leading to the market. There are many stores, that sell various things, including weapons, armor, and books. There is:

Stomper's Smithy
Bookworm's Place
Rosian's General Goods Shop
The Foitin' Place (Fighting)
Clover's Plant Emporium - For all your plant related needs!
The Uniqueness

Andal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2012, 10:54:55 pm »

Cress decides popping into a few shops before heading for his house would be acceptable.

He enters Bookworm's Place, and examines the shelves for any book that might have a clue as to Chompy's origin.
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2012, 03:42:24 pm »

You examine the shelves, and find these books related to plants:

Codex of Equestrian Flora
The Hitchhiker's Guide to Exotic Zebrican Plants
Plants and Gardening for Foals (For dummies)

Any book is free to borrow, you just need to see the clerk.

I go to The Foitin' Place and buy a blade.

Grumblebluster is now equipped with a steel blade! +1 to combat rolls.

Andal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2012, 09:46:50 pm »

Cress asks to borrow the Codex and Hitchhiker's Guide, and slides them into his saddlebag.

He then heads over to Clover's to poke his head in, looking for anything that might catch his eye.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2012, 12:27:44 pm »

((I'm holding this up, aren't I?))

Bulat takes quick stock of his belongings at the forge. Most are obviously too large or heavy to take on a trip anywhere, but he still takes with him a portable forging kit, some rope (never know when you need it), and pair of his own hoof-made daggers, fit for stabbing or throwing. And of course the strange piece of metal, and the money given him by miss Twilight. All this stuff weighs a fair bit, but Bulat wouldn't be an Ironwither if he allowed something as trivial as this to slow him down. He closes the door of his house behind him, and turns his eyes to the far mountains in the east. There, cantilevered off the side of a sheer cliff, the city of Canterlot looks to be almost weightless, and its waterfalls reinforce the illusion that the whole thing is built on a cloud. It looks majestic, even from this distance. Bulat shifts, testing the weight in his saddlebags, and, content, turns towards the path leading to the Ponyville Airship Platform.

"Vell! Let's get going."

((sorry if I'm taking over the GM's duties in describing the world, but everything is sorta dry here otherwise. I hope you don't mind, CyberUrist. :) ))

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2012, 10:53:29 pm »

(I don't mind at all ;D)

You arrive at the airship platform, where a red-coated, orange-maned conducter pony with a ticket for a cutie asks for the fare. "Why hello there," He says with a slightly british accent, "I am Conducter Golden Ticket. Just call me Ticket, or Goldie, I don't mind. Now then, shall I have your fares?"

Bulat's inventory
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2012, 05:27:21 am »

((this is silly. Where are you people? Andal's situation hasn't updated and Bluster seems to be nowhere in particular.))

"Ah, hello dere. My name is Bulat, I'm going to Canterlot. I'm vaiting for two of my companions to arrive, but do tell me ven the airship to Canterlot is about to leave. If dey don't make it on time, I'll be going alone."

Bulat stands on the platform, examining the airship from up close and intermittently looking around for Cress or Bluster.

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2012, 05:25:48 pm »

Bluster is already there.

Andal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2012, 09:14:45 pm »

((I was kinda wondering if I was supposed to have seen something at Clover's. Or if I had just magically appeared at the station. I will totes update, just not clear on what's going on.))
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6