Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Queen bugged on edge of map  (Read 707 times)

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Queen bugged on edge of map
« on: June 04, 2012, 08:54:58 pm »

Any idea why my queen is stuck on the edge of the map even if I open the main gates? She won't budge, and the entourage isn't showing up despite being in Dwarf Therapist along with her husband (also can't find him anywhere, but can check him through relationship tab and shows mood etc like any other dwarf).
Possibly related: Vampire mayor won't leave the jail either! He's stuck with "fell tree" as his job and won't move anywhere. At one point in his sentence I had him swapped to a different chain so maybe he tried to move off to do that job then got jailed again and is constantly trying to resume the task?

Any idea how I can fix either of these? At the moment I'm going to have to build bridges around the queen so she doesn't die to ambushes =(
Quote from: Gerottomo on May 03, 2012, 04:34:11 pm
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

The Giant Bat who decided an axe made a better weapon than claws:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108229.30

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Queen bugged on edge of map
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 09:35:46 pm »

Update: An ambush revealed the "entourage" and seems to have gotten the queen moving around now, no idea what happened there. Mayor is still bugged though so going to try dropping him through the ceiling and see if that does anything interesting.
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 03:23:52 am »

Try to (r)emove the major's job in the Units screen. Though it beats me why you want him running around.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 03:47:33 am »

Oh no, I just want to put him in his "office" aka swimming room. I figure it's an amusing way to guarantee my fort won't end.