Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: ~Los Desperadoes~ (Ch. 6: I dun' goof'd)  (Read 12131 times)

barbequedcinders

• Bay Watcher
  • "The game is done! I've won! I've won!"
    • View Profile
Re: ~Los Desperadoes~ (Ch. 2: Training Time)
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2012, 09:56:26 am »

(Well, looks like I might actually have limited internet access here  :P)

G.E. is very frustrated by his inability to learn much about the competition, although he is happy about his increase in perceptiveness. He packs up his things, and heads off to town to get ready for his 5:00 gig at a local club. While he's there, he'll ask around after the show to try and find more information about #91. But, before that, he parties hard with all of the club-goers, as one must.

Train Endurance, continue researching #91

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2012, 10:00:14 am »

Action: Train Agility and Endurance, Research 92
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2012, 10:11:09 am »

((Nice work TCM, keeping it so that a medieval knight could learn his way!))
* Tiruin applauds this spectacle.

Veilen stroked his shaved stubble in contemplation. This was a layman, a...commoner in this era, for it seemed that even their devices were what he did not know of. A magical box that was a trove of limitless information and knowledge, though partly filled with chaotic influences, this was pretty efficient. And all it took to manipulate were his gauntleted fists! Bonus.

He made a note to interrogate the peasant if he ever chanced upon him.

Friend liege, I cannot find it in mine heart to duel this inopportune foe. I would request a scout to check on the eighty-ninth {89} competitor instead, as I train my precision along with the other archers ye hath sent to aid me. If time allows it, I've heard of one shady knight that knows his hand with fate. Introduce me to him if you would, I've heard he can teach others to be lucky like him.

Once again, I thank thee for this blessing. You and your men have been a Godsend.

--Veilen Farthan, Knight Errant of the King's Court

((Do all of us know each other's rank and place, and do all of us know each other's researches?))
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 10:51:23 am by Tiruin »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2012, 10:17:59 am »

((Do all of us know each other's rank and place, and do all of us know each other's researches?))

Yes and yes.

The I.D.A. does this with everybatch of newcomers until the day they die. You all know of each other, and your research is shared.

Why? To increase hostility and anger towards each other. This is all a big gameshow, and they want as much drama as possible to pull everyone in. So it's like WWE x99999999.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2012, 10:23:31 am »

Well...great! :))

Can we train more than one skill?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2012, 10:39:06 am »

Well...great! :))

Can we train more than one skill?

Yep.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

barbequedcinders

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2012, 12:22:52 pm »

Quick question (not sure if I missed it or it wasn't said): how is research success/failure ascertained? If I'm seeing correctly, it appears to be D20 + relevant modifiers. Is this correct?

*EDIT*
Never mind, sorry, found it on the first page. Would have checked first, but the internet where I'm at is reaaaally shoddy. I'm lucky to be able to post at all :P.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 12:27:06 pm by barbequedcinders »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2012, 12:25:53 pm »

Quick question (not sure if I missed it or it wasn't said): how is research success/failure ascertained? If I'm seeing correctly, it appears to be D20 + relevant modifiers. Is this correct?

D20 + Intelligence.

Research is player-compounded, meaning if two people research the same Duelist, the research will be compiled together.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~Los Desperadoes~ (Ch. 3: Researching Crazies)
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2012, 07:52:43 pm »

Chapter 3: Researching Crazies

Barnaby Jones thinks to himself, trying to develop a new move to put him head-and-shoulders above his opponents. (4+(Intelligence)0)

A light-bulb goes off and Barnaby develops a new technique!

LSD Boost: 50-50 shot at sucsess or failure. If sucsessful, Barnaby gets +1 to a random skill. If it fails, Barnaby gets a -1. Can only be used once per round.

Spoiler: Barnaby Jones (click to show/hide)

Undettered by his training failure, The Spirit of 45' hits the obstacle course again. (2) He doesn't mess up this time, but he finishes at a very slow pace, not enough to improve him in anyway.

Spirit of 45' heads back to the Military Intelligence tent, pulling out a new file.

(6)

#92:

Name: ?
Appearance: ?
Biography: ?

Starting Clothes/Armor: Ski mask, wifebeater, jeans and run-down Nikes.
Starting Weapon: ?

Skills: ST+1 PR? AG? EU? IN-1 LK?
Attributes: ?
Designated Dueling Ground: ?

Spoiler: Spirit of 45' (click to show/hide)

At the club, Glowing Ether parties hard, all night long. (1) Okay, maybe that was a bad idea.

After spending half an hour vomitting into a toilet, G.E. rustles the other hung-over patrons at the club.

(3+1)

Turns out hung-over people don't have very much advice to give. Who knew?

#91:

Starting Clothes/Armor: ?
Starting Weapon: M16 - A classic, if unpratical, American Assault Rifle. Has plenty of killing potential.

Attributes: ST? PR+1 AG? EU? IN? LK-1
Conditions: ?
Designated Dueling Ground: ?

Spoiler: Glowing Ether (click to show/hide)

Sai begins lifting heavy pieces of debris off the ruin ground, moving to each of them as fast as she could. (3) Her speed wasn't satisfactory during the training, but she feels burning in her arm muscles from picking up rocks.

+1 Strength

Taking out another scroll, Sai looks over what she can find on Duelist #88.

(4-1)

#88:

Starting Weapon: ?

Attributes: ST? PR? AG? EU? IN? LK?
Conditions:
Designated Dueling Ground: Main corridor of  'Miller High', an abandoned school in the central United States.

Spoiler: Sai (click to show/hide)

"I will train my agility!" Claims Miria. She starts running around the room. (4) After 10 minutes, she collapses onto the floor, panting.

Agility +1

Spoiler: Miria (click to show/hide)

The Red Knights sends Veilen all he could find on Duelist #89.

(4+2)

#89:

Name: Convict

Starting Weapon: Shank - An improvised weapon made from metallic scrap, sharpened to a deadly point.

Attributes:ST? PC? AG+1 EU? IN? LK?
Conditions: ?
Designated Dueling Ground: Cell #001 in Texas State Maximum Security Prison

After finding out about the convict, Veilen goes to work on his Perception by target shooting with the archers, and then dealing with a shady knight only known as 'The Golden Eagle.'

(2)

Well, he barely hits any of the targets, and The Golden Eagle is away on gambling business.

Spoiler: Veilen Farthan (click to show/hide)

Unstatisfied with his first attempt, Mint Freehood lines a bunch of new cans on a table and fires at them again. (5) This time he manages to hit them dead-on!

+2 Perception

Spoiler: Mint Freehood (click to show/hide)

Top 100:
84. ?
85. ?
86. ?
87. Bouncer: Tough Las Vegas bouncer who has been throwing punks on their asses for many club nights.
88. ? (15 years old.)
89. Convict: (Has a shank. Lives in a Maximum Security Prison.)
90. H00d R4T: An inner-city street-raised kid who is as sharp as he is quick.
91. ? (26 years-old. Wields an M16.)
92. ? (Wears a ski-mask, wifebeater, jeans and Nikes.)
93. Bob the Generic: A generic everyman stereotype.
94. Barnaby Jones: A smooth groovy disco-risko claiming that disco never died.
95. Spirit of 45': A WWII fighter lost in war purgatory, brought into the future to continue his fighting.
96. Glowing Ether: A metallic man who lives underground, creating intoxicating beats that pump blood, to fatal amounts.
97. Sai: A young Shinobi thrust into the world of Dueling in order to prove herself a worthy ninja.
98. Miria: A psuedo-witch pulled who's magical potential got here drafted into Dueling.
99. Veilen Farthan: A Holy Crusader on a quest from God to find the mystical Holy Grail.
100.Mint Freehood: An older man who rather than retire, took up his lifelong dream of becoming a cowboy.

Does anyone notice how fast some characters are leveling up their Attributes? Well, this is a slight incentitive to kill them now, because by end-game I wouldn't be suprised to see people with +10 and +20's in various Attributes. Also, as of now, rolling a 1 on a training roll will have negative effects.

Also, my dad was listening to some funky music Barnaby would have digged.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2012, 08:02:59 pm »

Well... nothing like exhilarating running to keep on top of things.

Train train train Agility x2
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 08:29:45 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2012, 08:25:12 pm »

Train Str, Agi

Research #88
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

barbequedcinders

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2012, 09:00:18 pm »

Well crap. Throwing up isn't very much fun XD. Life isn't going very well for G.E. since he got drafted.
As he stumble home in with a massive hangover, he begins to develop a very, very bad mood. He decides he wants to pick a fight with someone. BUT, after a strong cup of coffee, he comes to his senses. He checks his computer, and decides to take a look at his peers' research. He finds the entry on Bouncer, thinking that he has similar motives, working in clubs and the like. He goes and finds the short, dark-haired girl, and says "I want to contact another one of the duelists about an alliance. His name is Bouncer, #87."

After resolving this, he goes and tinkers with his bass-cannon more, in an attempt to up the maximum frequency attainable.

Contact #87, work on bass-cannon

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2012, 09:58:47 pm »

Veilin drummed his fingers on the oaken table, musing upon his action for the day whilst reading the list of competitors, updated by one of the scribes who worked in tandem with the scouting forces. The Red Knight told him that they were ranked partly due to proficiency and lethality - if that was to be believed, then his targets were far more powerful than he.

He sighed and looked to the skies. Where were his comrades in this quest? A man cannot achieve alone, so was his adage.

He spotted a courier passing by, along with his steed.

"You there, son. Send a message to the ninety-first competitor on this list," he said to him, showing the parchment as the young man came nearer. "Give him forewarning that I wish to duel him in fair combat on his grounds. Give him my name."

It would be risky, and he had nobody to call on lest he'd fall, as far as he knew.

As he strode back to his personal pavilion, a thought struck him. How did this I.D.A. get hold of the Grail and why did they know it's location?

He pushed the notion aside as he sat down on the chair, and opened a book written by a famous fencer:
Hieronimo de Caranza's De la Philosofia de las Armas. An M16 apparently, wasn't a name for a polearm or sword, but a strange ranged weapon that emitted thunder and had the power to shoot small bolts of lead into the enemy, in rapid succession.

He had to develop better tactics, the Spanish were one to learn from.

Challenge #91 to a Duel!

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2012, 11:42:43 pm »

Barnaby knew he was ready.  The only thing left to do was move on up.  This number 90 looked like just the kind of troubled youth that could benefit from Barnaby's Disco Karate Lessons for Disenfranchised Youngsterstm. It was his duty to teach this child to mend his ways and feel the fighting spirit of of the music.

Challenge H00d R4T which the intention of making him my protege.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2012, 11:45:22 pm »

((How will battle be resolved? All in one turn or...I've noticed that people could turtle up if battles would be on different turns.))
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11