Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: ~Los Desperadoes~ (Ch. 6: I dun' goof'd)  (Read 12137 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~Los Desperadoes~ (A Dueling-based RTD)
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2012, 09:57:33 pm »

Turn up tomorrow.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2012, 09:58:27 pm »

That's "soon?" D:
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2012, 10:03:07 pm »

That's "soon?" D:
No cake for you. Don't complain.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2012, 10:11:11 pm »

I noticed most other player characters are far behind the age limit...

Great.  :P

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2012, 11:06:18 am »

Chapter 1: Time to Duel!

Barnaby Jones was practicing Disco-fu at his Dojo. His training object, a red kick-boxing bag, suffered from his groovy flow of rolling punches and jumping kicks. As he continued to train, the doors to to the Dojo swung open wide. Stepping inside were a group of thirty or so people clad in 70's-era clothing. "These look like my kind of people!" Thought Barnaby Jones as he sauntered over to see what they wanted. "So guys, what's up for today?" A young man wearing a 70's basketball jersey stepped forward. "We are your I.D.A. entourage. We make up your bodyguards, advisors, caretakers and transporters. We are also here to tell you that you are now Ranked 94th in the Top 100 International Duelists, and are ready to begin your Dueling and all that jazz."

Spoiler: Barnaby Jones (click to show/hide)

The Spirit of 45' looked solemnly out onto the horizon off his island. He somewhat bitterly missed the endless fighting, at least it gave him something to do. Now he was just stuck on Iwo Jima, the only source of life being the 1000 or so islanders who tried their best to ignore him. The horizon looked the same as usual: Gently curling waves, the squawk of seagulls, the boats coming towards the island, the sun-, wait, boats? Before he could even process the thought, The Spirit of 45' observed the boats coming towards Iwo Jima at an alarming rate. And these weren't just any boats, these were the boats the U.S. had used to invade islands in the Pacific during the war. Running down the shoreline, The Spirit made it just as a group of American soldiers stepped out onto the beach and began storming the island. One of the Infantrymen, wearing the ancient WWII Army Camouflage and wielding a bayoneted rifle ran up to him. "Sir! We are your I.D.A. entourage sir! We function as your bodyguards, publicists, advisors and transporters, sir! We are also here to inform you that you are Ranked 95th in the Top 100 International Duelists, and you may begin ready to Duel when you are ready! And we are not actually World War 2 soldiers, sir! The I.D.A. has based each Duelist's entourage on their past history sir! Although I am a veteran, as I served in the 8th Martian Civil war as a cook sir! I even discharged my weapon twice on accident sir!"

Spoiler: Spirit of 45' (click to show/hide)

Glowing Ether rests on the platform of an abandoned subway. It's a nice quiet place. Besides the occasional rustle of trash or the squeak of a mouse, there are no foreign sounds. This makes it the perfect place to construct new songs. Just as G.E. starts picking up on a trance-club beat, he feels a disturbance in the ground. Something is out of place. The ground vibrates. Before he can realize what's going on, a fully-functioning subway train zooms passed him. However, it begins to gradually slow down, passing by less rapidly over time. When it has stopped, a large group of people exit the subway. Wearing either casual, hipster-like or underground clothing, these look like the type of people Glowing Ether would see at any club. A girl with glasses and as sash across her body walks up to him. "We are your I.D.A. entourage. Our jobs are to be your bodyguards, publicists, advisors and transporters. We are also here to inform you that you are currently ranked 96th in the Top 100 International Ranked Duelists board." She cleared her throat and talked in a much more casual tone, "So, what are you going to do now?"

Spoiler: Glowing Ether (click to show/hide)

Sai leaped from pillar to pillar in the temple ruins. Why was Sai jumping around in the templ ruins? Well, why not? It was far away for the noise and artificiality of the cities, and gave Sai plenty of room to concentrate and develop her skills. And her shinobi training was telling her that something was up. The shadows seemed to creep close to her. Looking around, Sai saw that she was surrounded by dozens of other shinobi! She was hopelessly outnumbered, she realized, as one of them started to speak. "We are you entourage as sent by the I.D.A. Our duty is to function as your bodyguards, publicists, advisors and transporters. We have also arrived to inform you that you are currently ranked 97th in the Top 100 International Duelist Rankings, and you may begin your Dueling whenever you feel ready. Our duty is only to serve you, Sai-San." He bows.

Spoiler: Sai (click to show/hide)

"Fly!" Miria commanded the small broom beneath her. As usual, it proceeded to gain altitude, though at an unimpressive rate. This did not discourage Miria. She chanted, "~Yayyyyyyy~" As she moderatley ascended to the top of the room. It was just some random, traditional house in Japan she had taken an interest in, since the main feature that stood out was the unusual height of the rooms. As Miria began floating down, the door to the room slammed open. "Ah!" Miria fell a few feet from the ground, caught by a mass of arms. Looking at these newcomers, they seemed to be dressed in typical shrine monk and priestess wears. "Who are you?" Questioned the young witch. As she was placed on her feet, an older man slid his way forward. "We are your I.D.A.-based entourage. Our jobs are to function as your bodyguards, publicists, advisors and transporters. Our other job is to inform you that you are currently ranked 98th in the Top 100 International Duelists Rankings, and may begin your Dueling duties whenever you see fit." He bows.

Spoiler: Miria (click to show/hide)

Velien made it to the top of the hill. There was no point at being at the top of the hill, it lacked any sort of material reward. However, with the angle of the evening sun, he struck a heroic and morally-justified pose looking out into the horizon. Here he was, on a quest to secure the Holy Grail. The quest was given out by the greatest king himself, God, and Velien made it his duty to sacrifice everything he had in order to appease his Holy Father. While thinking of where the Grail might lie next, Velien heard hoofsteps and clanking metal approach him from behind. Instinctively, he drew he sword and spun around. A large band of knights, of various colors and insignia, were proceeding up to him. "Halt! State your business here!" Commanded Farthan. A red knight on horseback held up a hand, stopping the newcoming band of warriors. He stated back to Farthan, "By the order of the Almighty God and his prophets in the I.D.A., we come to you in service as your entourage, acting as bodyguards, publicists, adivsors and transporters to you. It is the honor of the I.D.A. to announce you are now ranked 99th in the Top 100 International Duelists Ranking and may proceed with your quest to your liking." The knight dismounted and fell to his knee in front of Velien.

Spoiler: Veilen Farthan (click to show/hide)

Mint Freehood stood in the middle of the desert sun. Spitting out tobacco, an iconic Wild West sound effect aired as a namecard quickly flew in front of him labeling him as 'Mint Freehood.' He pulled out his holstered Magnum Revolver, giving it an experimental twirl around his finger. Here he was, a cowboy warrior, his childhood dreams come to life. His proud silence was interuppted by a loud source of 'Yee-haw!'ing, whoops and hollars traveling near him. Turning around, Mint witnessed a group of cowboys, some mounted on horseback, approaching him on the dusty desert trail. As they neared him, Freehood turn the safety off of his gun. One of the cowboys put his hands up. "Woah there, easy partner. We're your I.D.A. entourage, handeling as your bodyguards, publicists, advisors and transporters. We're also here to report that you are currently ranked 100th in the Top 100 International Duelists Ranking, and may begin Duelin' anytime you want. So, howdy!" He extends his hand forward.

Spoiler: Mint Freehood (click to show/hide)

Top 100:
84. ?
85. ?
86. ?
87. ?
88. ?
89. ?
90. ?
91. ?
92. ?
93. ?
94. Barnaby Jones: A smooth groovy disco-risko claiming that disco never died.
95. Spirit of 45': A WWII fighter lost in war purgatory, brought into the future to continue his fighting.
96. Glowing Ether: A metallic man who lives underground, creating intoxicating beats that pump blood, to fatal amounts.
97. Sai: A young shinobi thrust into the world of Dueling in order to prove herself a worthy ninja.
98. Miria: A psuedo-witch pulled who's magical potential got here drafted into Dueling.
99. Veilen Farthan: A Holy Crusader on a quest from God to find the mystical Holy Grail.
100.Mint Freehood: An older man who rather than retire, took up his lifelong dream of becoming a cowboy.

Hi there, my name's TCM, and welcome to ~Los Desperadoes~. After 9 years in development, we hope that it has been worth the wait.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: ~Los Desperadoes~ (Ch. 1: Time to Duel!)
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2012, 11:13:49 am »

((Assuming that last sentence is canon... :P))

Miria looked at her broom, which was fast in horizontal movement but not over periods exceeding a  couple of seconds, then back at the voice, wherever it came from.

"Uh, sure. So, what do you want with me?"

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2012, 11:19:47 am »

((Assuming that last sentence is canon... :P))

Miria looked at her broom, which was fast in horizontal movement but not over periods exceeding a  couple of seconds, then back at the voice, wherever it came from.

"Uh, sure. So, what do you want with me?"

"Your decision. We recommend either you start training and researching your opponents, or choosing another Duelist to face."
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 11:42:25 am by TCM »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2012, 11:39:25 am »

((This had me cracking up in laughter.

I'm starting to love how far the I.D.A. went for their duelists, though I still want to-...))

Veilen sheathed his blade and asked the knight before him to rise. His spirits were lifted somewhat, as he saw the whole entourage: several men in field plate with banners and coats of arms of exotic make. The cloth just didn't seem right. Behind the riders were several others, clad in lighter armor but wielding stranger weaponry. He could've sworn he saw one holding a strange hammer-like device under his surcoat, behind his scabbard.

Nonetheless, he thanked the knight for the greetings, not giving heed to his strange terminologies of squires, chevaliers, heralds and the like. They were obviously so, as he could spot several younger men in the crown, clad in simple cloth and leather while tending to their sire's horses.

As the Red Knight, for that was what he may be known, handed him a sheet of parchment, Veilen was curious, for though he knew of this "I.D.A.", having been a scion of Arthur himself, he wasn't sure about the security of the Grail.

"I take it, once I manage to prove my worth and best these other champions, I may partake of my prize?" he said to the Red Knight as they moved across the prairie.

None of these people looked like his former regiment, but what He shall give, shall be accepted wholeheartedly. Still, he missed the second-in-command, and wondered as to what her fate was.

Speak to yon knight.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2012, 11:46:25 am »

((This had me cracking up in laughter.

I'm starting to love how far the I.D.A. went for their duelists, though I still want to-...))

Veilen sheathed his blade and asked the knight before him to rise. His spirits were lifted somewhat, as he saw the whole entourage: several men in field plate with banners and coats of arms of exotic make. The cloth just didn't seem right. Behind the riders were several others, clad in lighter armor but wielding stranger weaponry. He could've sworn he saw one holding a strange hammer-like device under his surcoat, behind his scabbard.

Nonetheless, he thanked the knight for the greetings, not giving heed to his strange terminologies of squires, chevaliers, heralds and the like. They were obviously so, as he could spot several younger men in the crown, clad in simple cloth and leather while tending to their sire's horses.

As the Red Knight, for that was what he may be known, handed him a sheet of parchment, Veilen was curious, for though he knew of this "I.D.A.", having been a scion of Arthur himself, he wasn't sure about the security of the Grail.

"I take it, once I manage to prove my worth and best these other champions, I may partake of my prize?" he said to the Red Knight as they moved across the prairie.

None of these people looked like his former regiment, but what He shall give, shall be accepted wholeheartedly. Still, he missed the second-in-command, and wondered as to what her fate was.

Speak to yon knight.

"Thou must rise to the position of 1st Duelist, whereupon thou will be given the precise location of the Holy Grail."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2012, 11:56:00 am »

The knight kneaded his forehead in contemplation. If it were to be so, then he had to commit everything to further his cause. He wondered if these people knew of what happened to the rest of his regiment, but decided to let the question lie. He needn't have to bother them with more problems than what was ahead.

After a thorough explanation of how the events were to occur, he conceded to the Red knight's decision on fighting like those men-at-arms.

Striding up to him, he lifted the paper and pointed out number 93.

"If I will be the one fighting, and you, as well as the rest, would be busy attending to my equipment and other details, then I'd like to know more about who this number belongs to.

In the meantime, I shall be attending to mine studies. Many things you've mentioned on the way are strange to my ears."

Train Intelligence ; Research Num. 93

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2012, 12:46:05 pm »

"Right!" Sai said, hitting her palm with her fist. "Personal strength comes first."

Train Strength, Agility

Research #87
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2012, 12:47:56 pm »

((Internet got cut just as I finished a long post. Sigh.))

"Okay, can you somehow get the elementary magic textbooks from the witches' academy for me? I'd appreciate it if you could find Empower or Magic Missile."

Empower would be suddenly increasing the kinetic energy of her weapon while uppercutting, flinging the target away.

Magic Missile is a star-shaped burst of magic~

Ask for magic tomes. Elsewise train agility.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 02:27:56 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2012, 12:50:18 pm »

"Right on! I'll join up with you cats, so long as you prove to me that you can JAM!"

At that, the mundane martial arts dojo transforms into a veritable dance off stage, as the center of the room turns over into a lighted isometric stage and a large disco ball protrudes from the ceiling. A song of challenge begins to play, as Barnaby beckons the group toward him in a one on one fashion.

Train agility and perception by facing multiple scrubs that tryna flex

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2012, 02:18:35 pm »

The Spirit sighed.

Why am I here?

To safeguard Democracy. Came the control voice.

...yes. There was always an enemy to fight. It didn't matter...they were always there, if you believed some of what was said. A horde of foreign monsters, ready to tear down the good ol' USA. He had joined the war, signed up...couldn't recall why. But, he was here. And he was also not.

The Spirit was often confused these days.

The men who greeted him, for example-they were soldiers, but they were not. He could still look over yonder hill, and watch his buddies dying in battles they had already fought. He could never save them-it would mess up the story. and the story always ended the same way...with the man who became Spirit, lying in the dirt, bleeding from his mouth-racked with a quick burst of machine gun bullets across the leg. There was pain, and fear-he had surely asked for Mother as the medico looked him over with a defeated glance, and he wasn't ashamed of that.

There should have been something after, he thought. Heaven? Hell? Anything...

But, no. Just more fighting-more killing, though after a few thousand times, they all got tired of it. He always woke up back on the beach, looking at the sun rise for the last time. Of course, every time was the first time-he didn't grasp how long he'd been here.

They had broken him free of the loop. He didn't know how-or why. He didn't what would happen when he died again-if, he died again. Maybe he'd fall right back into the loop. Maybe he'd move on. He did know, if he won, the IDA (whatever in Sam Hill that was) had to give him anything he wanted if he won the war for them-and, if he did win, he was going to end this battle. Yes, they had promised him that. Reinforcements, air support! Bring on the supply ships-men were dying out here, dying of lack of food and water. That was no way for a man to go. They owed them better.

They'd take this damn island no matter the cost, he knew. Every one was a stepping stone to Tokyo...but, the Spirit knew he could help. He knew.

No surrender, no retreat.

He began going through the intel provided him. Enemy agents he had to kill. There sure were a lot of them. People who'd you would never even think-kids, women...perfect in retrospect, but it was cold, damn cold. He didn't look forward to hurting them...but, he was a soldier. And he followed his orders.

Action: Train Agility, Research #90
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

barbequedcinders

• Bay Watcher
  • "The game is done! I've won! I've won!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2012, 02:28:46 pm »

G.E. looks around, regarding the people around him. Looking towards the crowd, he says "Really? Hipsters? Get with the times, kids," and chuckles to himself. He packs up his gear and says "So the I.D.A. huh? What about a simple musician like me would attract them? Anyways, if you don't mind, I've got a gig at a club in town tonight, and I need to finish up one of my tracks. So if you would please excuse me..." and he starts to walk away, assuming that someone is playing a joke on him. As he does so, he slowly pulls his mask down over his face.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11