Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11 Released  (Read 245048 times)

VVingedoom

• Escaped Lunatic
  • [POT_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11 Released
« Reply #180 on: May 29, 2013, 10:39:47 pm »

That feel when you want to play DF, yet you're waiting for update, like it's coming out next day. In my case, this started like... 9 months ago? Jesus.

AlwayzL3git

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoot 'em up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 29, 2013, 11:19:18 pm »

That feel when you want to play DF, yet you're waiting for update, like it's coming out next day. In my case, this started like... 9 months ago? Jesus.
Oh how true. I always think about Dwarf Fortress (the interesting parts) and how fun it is 90% of the time, and then I think about STARTING forts and how annoying it is to run into bugs. I mean, I hate it when you run into illogical or buggy things mid-fort, but you can at least semi-deal with it. Whenever you are starting, you can rarely deal with the problem efficiently.
The only difference between a human student and a dwarf is that dwarfs have the ability to create and destroy matter.
So will the dwarf with the broken spine recover and use a crutch?

AlwayzL3git

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoot 'em up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 01, 2013, 10:23:34 am »

Guess what!?
Status update today!
The only difference between a human student and a dwarf is that dwarfs have the ability to create and destroy matter.

VVingedoom

• Escaped Lunatic
  • [POT_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 03, 2013, 08:42:44 am »

Problem solved simply by playing DF.
Forget them updates, live your today.

Some guy found a dead kid under a bridge across the river, they said he drowned down there. Yet memorial says he died of thirst.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 03, 2013, 09:41:47 am »

Some guy found a dead kid under a bridge across the river, they said he drowned down there. Yet memorial says he died of thirst.

I think memorials are not always correct.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

AlwayzL3git

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoot 'em up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 03, 2013, 04:34:38 pm »

I think memorials are not always correct.
I think you are not always correct.
He could have picked up just enough swimming skill to stay afloat, and it tired him out. Maybe he was simply thirsty before he fell into the dark depths?
WHO KNOWS!? Only Urist McThirsty knows.

AlwayzL3git

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoot 'em up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 04, 2013, 11:47:37 pm »

Sorry to double post, but this is very important. (to me anyways)
I just noticed it.
EXACTLY one year ago from TODAY, the last version of dwarf fortress came out.
So basically, today is 0.34.11's 1 year anniversary!

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 06, 2013, 12:01:05 pm »

So basically, today is 0.34.11's 1 year anniversary!
Sweet! Hopefully next version will be released before the 2 year anniversary.

RoboUnicorn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 18, 2013, 05:42:04 pm »

Awesome!   :)

Yushatak

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 22, 2013, 08:09:44 am »

Signed up just to say this (not that I won't need this account in the future, finally got to learning DF), but how do you know it wasn't a really sarcastic, morbid guy who made that memory engraving? Maybe it was on purpose, is what I'm saying. :D

..and to be more on topic with the post, I as well hope the next version comes before too much longer, a year is quite a while between releases and without user testing the next version is liable to have some odd bugs after that long with only the devs looking at it (I'm a coder).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #190 on: July 23, 2013, 09:03:08 am »

Oh, I so much rather have one big update after 12 months, then 4 smaller updates after 3 months each. Makes updating utilities and mods so much easier. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 05, 2013, 10:29:14 am »

My patience has become child-like. I understand why the update is taking this long but it would be better I think to have brought climbing and multi-trees and then the site updates in two packages. Perhaps though this was better and will be easier for all. I really would just like to see a checklist of how much there is left to do. It would help me to either understand that it would be a while, or perhaps give me hope that it would be more soon.

MuthSera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 05, 2013, 05:04:32 pm »

My patience has become child-like. I understand why the update is taking this long but it would be better I think to have brought climbing and multi-trees and then the site updates in two packages. Perhaps though this was better and will be easier for all. I really would just like to see a checklist of how much there is left to do. It would help me to either understand that it would be a while, or perhaps give me hope that it would be more soon.
I know. Is there any sort of timeline at all on this? I read the updates and I'm getting really anxious to see what dwarf fortress is going to look like with this new update....

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 07, 2013, 10:31:32 pm »

Indeed, I'm fairly anxious as well but, unfortunately, I'm fairly pessimistic about this kinda stuff, so I kinda doubt we'll be seeing a release anytime soon. I'll make a wild guess and say October, but don't quote me on that.

DwarfOfTheLand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 08, 2013, 09:05:41 pm »

Indeed, I'm fairly anxious as well but, unfortunately, I'm fairly pessimistic about this kinda stuff, so I kinda doubt we'll be seeing a release anytime soon. I'll make a wild guess and say October, but don't quote me on that.

UMAD??
¤MASTERWORK¤ Dwarf Fortress - V.3 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15