Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11 Released  (Read 244883 times)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11 Released
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2012, 08:20:06 am »

It only happens rarely for me.  I don't know what triggers it -- maybe it only happens when a job is suspended due to sighting an "enemy" (scary wild animal) or something.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2012, 01:26:07 am »

Haven't had any creatures interrupt jobs so far on this map.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2012, 11:23:59 am »

It's pretty uncommon, but definitely a bug. I just spent 5 in-game years developing an aboveground fort. It does not nearly make the task "impossible", but every now and then the dwarves do stand on the same tile they're trying to build the wall on.

NineFourEightSeven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2012, 07:31:29 pm »

It happens when they have to drag the material through the build site to get the wall built in the first place.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2012, 07:34:49 pm »

I've deconstructed the entire building, but on they just refuse to build the western wall. I guess that them hauling things through the designation could cause it, it's just there's no way to get them to path around the long way. And they seem to do it even when taking from sources to the west of the wall, meaning they don't need to walk through it.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2012, 11:21:42 pm »

Hi! It is now almost completely impossible to build walls. Dwarves will stand in the tile they're trying to build walls in, then cancel because of creature occupying site. I prefered it when they walled themselves in.

This bug is very likely caused by building a wall adjacent to a ramp. Try removing the ramp, removing the wall job and ordering the construction again.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2012, 01:26:58 am »

I tried that. I had to both remove the ramps and redesignate the wall.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2012, 12:55:10 am »

Hi! It is now almost completely impossible to build walls. Dwarves will stand in the tile they're trying to build walls in, then cancel because of creature occupying site. I prefered it when they walled themselves in.

This bug is very likely caused by building a wall adjacent to a ramp. Try removing the ramp, removing the wall job and ordering the construction again.

This information has been reported on the bug-tracker, yes?
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2012, 05:30:53 am »

This information has been reported on the bug-tracker, yes?
The bug report itself, and several notes, do mention ramps, removing ramps, and building grates over ramps.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2012, 04:48:18 am »

Don't know how many versions back this happened, but i just want to add my thanks for making worldgen run at speed and not hang up by year 600.

Genned a 1050 medium region with no issues, it just loads a little slowly :)
And it's in the age of myth, guess we've fixed the constant "running out of beasts" issue. (which would strike around year 150 for me unless seriously messing with parameters)

Alpha Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2012, 04:18:33 pm »

Can anyone else confirm this bug I'm having? I embarked with seven miners and had them go to town digging into a mountain, though one dwarf prefers to just stand around an incline further down the mountain from the wagon. I tried unassigning his labor but he just drops the pick and continues to pace around the spot.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2012, 05:29:37 am »

Can anyone else confirm this bug I'm having? I embarked with seven miners and had them go to town digging into a mountain, though one dwarf prefers to just stand around an incline further down the mountain from the wagon. I tried unassigning his labor but he just drops the pick and continues to pace around the spot.

This may be a dumb question, but are there more than 7 available dig sites?
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Alpha Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2012, 09:35:39 am »

So, the dwarf who just stood around not mining eventually was considered missing by the other dwarves. I check the spot where he was standing and he isn't there anymore. He must have been standing there an entire season.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2012, 07:41:09 pm »

So far I have had two kinds of crashes from DF .34.11, both using the Genesis mod:
1. migrants arrive, crash. Due to their equipment or pets, cannot know. Happened about 5 times.
2. Loom operator can't path to some of the spider webs in the caves, he wobbles in the loom workshop quite a bit. One crash so far.

So, the dwarf who just stood around not mining eventually was considered missing by the other dwarves. I check the spot where he was standing and he isn't there anymore. He must have been standing there an entire season.
Was he a ghostly dwarf perhaps?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 04:52:17 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 19, 2012, 11:43:13 pm »

Noticed a few quirks in adventurer mode. If you save right next to a mummy and then load, he disappears. Haven't filed a bug report for this yet, due to cripplingly slow connection speed at the moment. Also noticed that under certain conditions, adventurers can swim faster than they can walk. It's pretty cool; but does it make any sense? Overland travel seems to have a 'throttle' to movement speed that swimming doesn't necessarily seem to have. Still testing it during regular play, not test play. (Swimming is pretty important with sewers, so it's worth paying attention to these things.)
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15