Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11 Released  (Read 244872 times)

floundericiousWA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11 Released
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2012, 01:17:24 pm »

Make sure your ammo stockpiles have zero bins... Put a stockpile or two in the firing range...dont be surprised if it takes time for them to start using the range....it took several minutes of real time before my dwarves started wandering in....oh, check your ammo screen.  I tried making some ammo rules about metal bolts for combat and other for training and had issues.

eataTREE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2012, 10:37:26 am »

All I know is, in my present 0.34.11 fort, I can barely keep ammo in stock because shooting off a practice bolt or twenty down at the 'ol firing range appears to be all of my marksdwarves' favorite thing to do. But I haven't distinguished between 'practice' and 'regular' ammo. I believe there is an issue where if you distinguish between "practice" ammo and "live" ammo in the military screen, and your dorf has a quiver full of "live" ammo, s/he will not put the "live" ammo down to pick up "practice" ammo come training time, and will instead stand around with the "Soldier (Cannot Follow Order)" job.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2012, 11:10:04 pm »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended behavior, but my migrants are showing up as uncontrollable dwarves (the little @ symbol).  The only thing I changed in the raws is that I gave dwarves, elves and goblins cities as a default site.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Bulwersator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2012, 01:21:43 am »

A known and reported bug, not marked as fixed - http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5098 It may help to create save before bugged migration, upload it to DFFD and post it in the bugtracker.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

DwarvesAtWork

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2012, 10:22:45 am »

I've made 3 medium sized worlds now. And not one of them has contained ANY flux stone. What gives? The find criteria is at its default 4x4 and N/A for everything except Flux Stone.

---------- edit
Maybe its user error. I just closed the program and reopened it. This time I got Flux Stone results. Do you have to clear previous find results before doing a new search?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:24:54 am by DwarvesAtWork »
Indie Games to check out:
Dwelvers - Dungeon Management game with 3D digging and economic focus
War for the Overworld - Dungeon Keeper 2 spiritual successor
Dwarf Fortress - the ultimate dwarven simulation engine
Isomer - Mine, Build, and Explore as a squad of aliens crash landed on a foreign world

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2012, 11:52:04 am »

Did you generate the worlds with max frequency minerals? Because that removes all flux for some reason.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

ZeroSumHappiness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2012, 12:21:08 pm »

Pedantic Dickweed Alert: Max frequency doesn't remove all flux, it just makes non-layer minerals so frequent that layer minerals are almost entirely replaced.  All flux is layer.  If you made a mineral that comes up in veins but acts as flux it would work fine in max frequency worlds.  (This may matter if Toady ever adds a veinous flux.)

urick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2012, 03:32:23 pm »

Code: [Select]
  (*) Stopped dwarves from walling/isolating themselves oftentimes
   (*) Worker chooses the closest tile instead of preferring tile at the top left of each designation job location (they don't use path distance, nor does this impact global behavior like choosing which designation job is picked overall)

Well, now I've got dwarves who stand on the square they're building (or that the dwarf next to them is building), then cancel with 'animal blocking site'. I have to q-x remove the designated construction and re-designate it before they pick a new square to stand on.
How about having them re-evaluate what square to stand on when the job is un-suspended?

Also managed to have a dwarf trap himself by standing on the non-pathable side while building a wall already.

Serefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2012, 10:47:53 am »

Dear Toady,

This is getting out of control. You're gonna have to watch out with this sophisticated piece of programming or you'll end up involuntarily proving the meaning of life or something along those lines... :o
I just kinda have your dev log hanging around in my Google homepage, reading it every once in a while, and I must say you really never cease to amaze me at every addition to the game. I love (envy?) your beautiful programmer's mind... :D

floundericiousWA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2012, 11:39:11 am »

Dear Toady,

This is getting out of control. You're gonna have to watch out with this sophisticated piece of programming or you'll end up involuntarily proving the meaning of life or something along those lines... :o
I just kinda have your dev log hanging around in my Google homepage, reading it every once in a while, and I must say you really never cease to amaze me at every addition to the game. I love (envy?) your beautiful programmer's mind... :D

It's right there in legends..in year zero, toady the great one created the world and the first peoples to inhabit it...and then they exploded and died.

DTF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2012, 11:49:22 am »

It's right there in legends..in year zero, toady the great one created the world and the first peoples to inhabit it...and then they exploded and died.

Are we witnesses to the foundation of TOADYISM?
(a>b) ? false : true

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2012, 10:30:35 pm »

Dear Toady,

I'm just more worried that he's going to have a brain aneurysm due to trying to figure out how to implement a Mexican standoff.   :P
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

codyorr

• Bay Watcher
  • Alcohol is how I make DF more !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2012, 03:15:13 pm »

My friend was wondering when you're going to get around to making the game "less complex" so that it can generate a world past 200 years on an advanced computer. I keep telling him to just play 31.25 but he won't listen.
A rotting horse corpse since 201. !!DRUNK FORTRESS!!

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2012, 04:28:19 pm »

"less complex"
Does that sound like a thing that DF is going to be doing?

Honestly, I think it'll get more complex before it makes any attempt at becoming simpler.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2012, 04:40:16 pm »

"less complex"
Does that sound like a thing that DF is going to be doing?

Honestly, I think it'll get more complex before it makes any attempt at becoming simpler.

I dont think it will EVER get simpler, at all. In a few years, we will be

D > B > U > Q

Just to tell a dwarf to dig exactly 6x2 tiles.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15