Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some quick questions about the changes from .04 to .10  (Read 505 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Some quick questions about the changes from .04 to .10
« on: June 04, 2012, 11:56:53 am »

1. Dwarves wear clothes now? Really?
2. Do they still hoard clothing?
3. Do goblins and other invaders wear full sets of armour now?
4. If goblins still turn up with only torso armour and a helm, is it trivial to mod in metal hazmat suits to stop them going down so easily?

I think that's about it. The major fiddly modifications I did to my .04 save involved turning all clothing into armour, and all of the other new stuff (minecartssssss) I can mess around with by myself.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
Re: Some quick questions about the changes from .04 to .10
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 12:03:51 pm »

1. Yes.  It is a whole new game mechanic because they will actually get bad thoughts from having threadbare, tattered or no clothing.  You need to have a thriving clothing industry in place now or risk tantrum spiral from naked dorfs.

2. Sort of.  Clothing that remains lying around will eventually revert to "unclaimed" but they will still stash stuff in cabinets in their room, if you choose to give them such amenities.

3. Probably, I haven't really paid attention.

4. As easy as it ever was I guess.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Some quick questions about the changes from .04 to .10
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 12:10:26 pm »

Well, bad thoughts for nakedness were in 2D if I recall correctly, but they were taken out because dwarves wouldn't ever wear new clothing.

I know there's a way to get whole-body armour, but I can't recall if it's as simple as changing the numbers for ubstep and lbstep.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.