Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44

Author Topic: Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones Kickstart  (Read 79673 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones Kickstart
« Reply #525 on: January 14, 2013, 09:40:03 am »

I haven't really been following this, but I'm still glad there is some development going on.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 14, 2013, 11:36:24 am »

Oh neat, hopefully he'll learn from this and hasn't damaged his reputation too badly.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 14, 2013, 11:54:26 am »

Huh... I put kickstarter money in this didn't I?

Can't say I really care about the recent events.  Always expected him to keep on working on it, short of death.  Considering he has been plugging at it for the last few years. 
Communication ain't really high on my priority with this stuff I suppose.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 14, 2013, 12:13:42 pm »

Can't say I really care about the recent events.  Always expected him to keep on working on it, short of death.  Considering he has been plugging at it for the last few years. 

I am the same way...I tend to do "fire and forget" stuff with indie projects...give them my support and leave them be.

Communication is important but I don't personally understand peoples constant need to hound developers when they already know its going to take time and be a good while.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 14, 2013, 12:17:00 pm »

It's like when you lend a friend of a friend some money.  It can make you uneasy when they suddenly move to Spain.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 14, 2013, 12:19:04 pm »

Glad to hear he's still been able to work on it. I didn't think he'd willingly drop the project, but it was always possible that something horrible had happened.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 14, 2013, 12:19:56 pm »

I am the same way...I tend to do "fire and forget" stuff with indie projects...give them my support and leave them be.

Communication is important but I don't personally understand peoples constant need to hound developers when they already know its going to take time and be a good while.
Where the hell is the like button here? nah joking, im pretty much like you, exept when the game is almost complete...
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 14, 2013, 12:20:30 pm »

Dem trees eh? 

I have no idea how this project will turn out, but I got to say that Lord Dullard has a real talent for aesthetics.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 14, 2013, 12:22:18 pm »

It's like when you lend a friend of a friend some money.  It can make you uneasy when they suddenly move to Spain.
Hmmm in trying to find the logic here... He never moved, he simply stopped public daily news, less time writing big bold post to plaeawse the mass, more time in his coding.

let me fix that for you

It's like when you lend a friend of a friend some money.  It can make you uneasy when they suddenly move to Spain. drop off radar.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 14, 2013, 12:26:20 pm »

Hmmm in trying to find the logic here... He never moved, he simply stopped public daily news, less time writing big bold post to plaeawse the mass, more time in his coding.

let me fix that for you

It's like when you lend a friend of a friend some money.  It can make you uneasy when they suddenly move to Spain. drop off radar.

I sometimes forget that other places use different slang.  "He moved to Spain" basically means "He dropped off my the/my radar".  Probably because it's a common place for British criminals to try and lie low in but I've never really analysed it that much.

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 14, 2013, 12:41:02 pm »

"He moved to Spain." I'll have to start using that. Funny stuff.

I think the dilemma is that he just needs to post a few sentences every week. The update he wrote probably took hours. Just say a few sentences and life is good.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 14, 2013, 12:48:42 pm »

good to see he is alive,

I think he has made some pretty huge mistakes when it comes to communication, but mistakes are there to be learned from.

so yeah, keep on trucking and don't make the same mistakes again.
Same. But I think it was reasonable that we reacted the way we did.

EDIT: And hey, Backer Rewards may still be fulfilled, so I don't need to do my "thing".
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 12:51:16 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #537 on: January 14, 2013, 01:16:56 pm »

This is why companies need PR departments, very few developers want to deal with people like this. Sure there are a charismatic few but for the most part...

Still maybe he just needs to get into the twitters. Tweeting about progress and problems is a great way to communicate you are still alive without taking too much time from your work.

Personally I'd have like a public kanban board so people can see what I'm doing at any given time, maybe with fortnightly videos demonstrating progress. But that's how I plan projects anyway...

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 14, 2013, 01:49:02 pm »

Told you so.

The KS comments kind of disgust me. Those people were all baying for blood and calling Dullard a thief one day ago, heh.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 01:50:52 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 14, 2013, 02:10:47 pm »

I was just worried he'd died or something.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44