Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44

Author Topic: Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones Kickstart  (Read 79703 times)

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
Re: Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones Kickstart
« Reply #480 on: January 12, 2013, 05:29:05 pm »

I can also get in to the forums. Last posts in January were started by KS backers. Not particularly upbeat.

This could be turned into a scary story. There's a half-finished game out there somewhere, floating around the internet; and if you try to install it, you get an email immediately saying that you'll die in seven days. Then you have to add 10,000 lines of code to the source, or a creepy girl will jump out of your computer screen. This is how the universe will eventually be fully simulated.

Ring hivemind, toot.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 05:35:30 pm by Trollheiming »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 12, 2013, 05:30:01 pm »

http://www.cultawakening.com/forum/index.php

That works.
nope not for me  :'(

Try it in Chrome
I use Chrome
I can also get in to the forums. Last posts in January were started by KS backers. Not particularly upbeat.

This could be turned into a scary story. There's a half-finished game out there somewhere, floating around the internet; and if you try to install it, you get an email immediately saying that you'll die in seven days. Then you have to add 10,000 lines of code to the source, or a creepy girl will jump out of your computer screen. This is how the universe will eventually be fully simulated.
But I can't code  :'(
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 05:32:02 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 12, 2013, 05:31:04 pm »

oops sorry
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 12, 2013, 05:31:20 pm »

I support that curse!

Anyway, yes I have tried hard to find him. I have been an ardent supporter and am worried about his health(physical and mental) under the strain of the undertaking.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 12, 2013, 05:34:48 pm »

i could dox him if you want and see if he is using any other names or email addresses ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #485 on: January 12, 2013, 05:36:56 pm »

There are parts of the thread up there where people are way out of line, attacking each other, doing the giant image thing, etc etc.  I understand it might have gotten to the point where people will be upset, but please keep the forum guidelines in mind.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

tootboot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 12, 2013, 05:37:14 pm »

I don't think anyone in fact wants to see this fail, since I'm pretty sure everyone here loves massive procedural roguelikes, but it isn't looking good.

It doesn't look like he was real forthcoming with updates or fulfilling backer rewards even before he disappeared, so...

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 12, 2013, 05:40:46 pm »

i could dox him if you want and see if he is using any other names or email addresses ?

Too far for me. Don't want to cross into invasion of privacy. Standard internet lurking and stalking is as far as I go  ;)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 12, 2013, 05:50:13 pm »

Too far for me. Don't want to cross into invasion of privacy. Standard internet lurking and stalking is as far as I go  ;)

well its not invasion of privacy :P just seeing if he is anywhere else on the net :P

also sorry, i did not know dox meant personal infomation... i meant dox for other emails/user accounts and see if he is anywhere else on the net
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 06:23:59 pm by ScriptWolf »

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 12, 2013, 06:12:09 pm »

Just wanted to update. I've been trying my hardest to get a hold of him. I accepted the gig because I believed in him and his vision, and tried my best to get him the funding for his project. I'm truly hoping, and with good reason, that this doesn't turn out like some of you are saying. I'll keep poking and keep you posted, but I haven't seen him online in months.
Poysky Productions

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 12, 2013, 06:15:06 pm »

Also, regarding my part of the physical reward. He spoke with me about editing my book and releasing it as a part of the rewards, and never approached me to edit it. I will still honor the pledges as I feel it's the right thing to do even though this has nothing to do with me. If anyone want's a copy of my book let me know via PM. I haven't had it edited yet and would be happy to send off a copy once it's done.

I don't like the feeling of having helped someone out of good will only to find out today that theres a chance he may have just ran off...

I'll be more careful of who I represent in the future I suppose.
Poysky Productions

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 12, 2013, 06:23:59 pm »

Thanks Alex! That is a stand up offer, and having read it I can attest that is is quite good. Don't beat yourself up about it, we don't even know what is going on. Personally, my first concern is his well being.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 12, 2013, 07:33:53 pm »

:( mine still says it doesn't exist. Any updates there from LD?

nope not since 17th jun 2012

also try this link

http://www.cultawakening.com/forum/index.php

That link doesn't work.

Which is a shame because I think I was interested in fulfilling the OTHER half of the backer rewards. If you have donated money, you would appear in the game as some random person, from a peasant (lowest-funding tier) to god/civilization (highest-funding tier). After the Kickstarter finished, he posted a thread asking people to give him descriptions for the character they want inserted into the game. I was thinking that it could be possible to incorporate a bunch of random people into some 'random-world-generation' project in the future, just to see if it is even possible to have something coherent based on the suggestions of people.

Granted, since I never donated to the project, I'm unable to post in the "Backers" comments section about this "idea", and I'm unsure whether I can even commit to it. But then I wouldn't be starting a Kickstarter to raise money for this idea, so hey.

EDIT: And I was reminded by the fact that I have so many other things to do that I most likely probably won't do this. Ugh. Sorry for making this post. But I still want access to the forums.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 08:12:57 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 12, 2013, 07:47:03 pm »

The link does work I think the forums are very temperamental just keep clicking.

Also it really does seem LD left the Internet in November... I'm really wondering what has happened

Sentientdeth

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Soul Immortal
    • View Profile
    • Sentientdeth's Composition Blog
« Reply #494 on: January 12, 2013, 09:06:06 pm »

Been trying to get in contact with him for weeks to no avail, if anyone who purchased would like their copy of the music, let me know here on the forum, and I'll get you the files.
Dirgeplayer of the Twelve Bays
-The Bard's Guild-
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44