Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44

Author Topic: Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones Kickstart  (Read 79801 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones Kickstart REACHED IN RECORD TIME!!!
« Reply #360 on: July 01, 2012, 12:04:01 am »

I'm also stuck in 'Adding caves...' Though it's only been 30 minutes so maybe it will keep going.
cult.exe.txt contains this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's definitely an init .txt file though.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 02, 2012, 06:59:31 pm »

WHOOOO! 7:05PM C.S.T., and a grand total of $25,065!!!

71 hours to go, also. 

Wish ya the best, Dullard!  8)
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 02, 2012, 07:07:09 pm »

71 hours to go, also. 

WE HIT 25K?!?! GOOD GOD!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #363 on: July 02, 2012, 08:40:26 pm »

I'm also stuck in 'Adding caves...' Though it's only been 30 minutes so maybe it will keep going.

Try moving your Cult folder to C:\ or to a directory that isn't nested within a Windows user folder. Those seem to create problems with the program being able to locate files within its root directory; everyone else who's had that 'init.txt' error has been able to fix it by moving the Cult folder out of wherever they initially extracted it.

71 hours to go, also. 

Thanks!

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 02, 2012, 08:50:38 pm »

Try moving your Cult folder to C:\ or to a directory that isn't nested within a Windows user folder. Those seem to create problems with the program being able to locate files within its root directory; everyone else who's had that 'init.txt' error has been able to fix it by moving the Cult folder out of wherever they initially extracted it.

Strange, at first it was in C:\CultATD0.31\dist\cult.exe so I don't think the problem in general has to do with it being in the user directory, as it worked when it was just C:\dist\cult.exe

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #365 on: July 02, 2012, 08:59:56 pm »

Thanks for that info! That will definitely help to narrow the problem down.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 03, 2012, 08:09:05 am »

Ah, dammit, my credit card won't be sorted out in time!

Perhaps I could donate through your site, LD, and I could have the rewards of fifteen dollars, if that's not a bother?

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 03, 2012, 10:36:57 am »

Congrats on the 26K! I was worried if the amount you wanted before was too low, but I'm definitely not worried anymore.  :D I may also be quoting myself in the past when you hit a previous large number, I honestly cannot remember. Either way, I'm really looking forward to the future of Cult!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 03, 2012, 04:46:22 pm »

Yesssss, we got LD to put in the modability he would otherwise be hesitant to. It's for your own good, LD.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 04, 2012, 01:57:35 am »

Happened to have some cash lying around so I fed the Kickstarter page $70. I hope to see great things from this game!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 04, 2012, 02:23:14 am »

Its really sweet to see a project like this get completely funded and supported by an awesome community like this. Hopefuly it'll live up to everyone's expectations :o , this project will probably take a fair bit of time to actualy get to 1.0, but it'll be grand when it happens. This is the next in line for my most expected roguelike mental list, the first being every new df release :P
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 04, 2012, 03:10:47 am »

Absolutely echo what the guy says above!

It really sticks it to the 'big' companies who still believe - despite the Kickstarter evidence - that people want graphics over gameplay, and set their stalls out accordingly.

I'd much rather have a game with barely any graphics that has amazing gameplay, than a 3D spectacular that cost millions to make but has very little gameplay at all.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 04, 2012, 03:23:23 am »

It really sticks it to the 'big' companies who still believe - despite the Kickstarter evidence - that people want graphics over gameplay, and set their stalls out accordingly.

I'd much rather have a game with barely any graphics that has amazing gameplay, than a 3D spectacular that cost millions to make but has very little gameplay at all.

The problem is that really... Big companies can't do this kind of game because the market doesn't support it.

I mean... if Blizzard said "Hey everyone! We are going to release a new Diablo based game and instead of ultra-modern graphics we are going to be using tilesets that look like they were made in the 80s... but don't worry look at this list of features" They would probably die.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 04, 2012, 02:21:08 pm »

The problem is that really... Big companies can't do this kind of game because the market doesn't support it.

I mean... if Blizzard said "Hey everyone! We are going to release a new Diablo based game and instead of ultra-modern graphics we are going to be using tilesets that look like they were made in the 80s... but don't worry look at this list of features" They would probably die.

I like how you missed the whole point he made...

He said:

Blizzard never would make a game with these graphics...they have teams to make graphics with...

Most companies these days are quick to give up depth and good gameplay though.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 04, 2012, 03:07:33 pm »

Since Ovo is posting all about it on various sites, I don't think you need to keep it a secret that he's the minecraft texture artist involved in the project :P I like his Rustic pack quite a bit (although I mostly use Painterly out of loyalty to my friend Rhodox and not wanting to waste already low performance on HD tiles)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44